Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Colour boredom.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Franki wrote: »
    How often do you do it?

Mine faded well quick and even though it says every 6 weeks, I would end up doing it about every 3-4 weeks :(.

3-4 weeks, same! Cause my hair is mega thick - shall let you cop a feel at the meet, you lacky feeng! - I needed two boxes. :(

My hair grows dead quick, too. It's a pain in the arse.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    3-4 weeks, same! Cause my hair is mega thick - shall let you cop a feel at the meet, you lacky feeng! - I needed two boxes. :(

My hair grows dead quick, too. It's a pain in the arse.
    I can't goooooooooooo to the meet :(. My hair is dead thick too, but obviously not as long as yours. I did find there was not-quite-enough in one box to do my whole head, but 2 would have been WAY too much.

Head & Shoulders destroys red hair like there's no tomorrow, so yus, it would be a good plan to use it :).
  • Options
    Yeah when you wash your hair if you can wash it 2/3 times with the head and shoulders in one shower session, or as much as you can bare, the more the better for the colour fade!

Sooo what sort of blonde are you thinking becky?
  • Options
    I can't goooooooooooo to the meet :(. My hair is dead thick too, but obviously not as long as yours. I did find there was not-quite-enough in one box to do my whole head, but 2 would have been WAY too much.

Head & Shoulders destroys red hair like there's no tomorrow, so yus, it would be a good plan to use it :).

Aw, you're rubbish! Well, I'll get someone to cop a feel of my barnet and report back to you with the particulars! Haha. Two was always just enough for me, 1 for my roots, then the other for the rest of it. Plus I loved the conditioners, sexy little bastards so they are.

Head and Shoulders, brilliant. I am going to go crazy with that on Friday night, Saturday morning/night and Sunday morning/night, cause I'm only in the office myself then. Then I'm off for 4 day on Monday! I'll get the toner/bleacher thingy and all that, probably two boxes of each and then I'll dye it after two days of letting my hair have a breather.
  • Options
    ruby_soho wrote: »
    Yeah when you wash your hair if you can wash it 2/3 times with the head and shoulders in one shower session, or as much as you can bare, the more the better for the colour fade!

Sooo what sort of blonde are you thinking becky?

I want to go back to my natural which was the colour in the pic I attached...

But I dunno if I can get it back to that for a wee while, mind you given the trauma it's going to get into, haha. Was thinking of getting a bob too, yanno, to chop off the oldest part of my hair.
  • Options
    I'm sorry :(. I'm going to see my mum and my twinnie and my big sis in London, because I hardly ever see them anymore :(.

My hair is definitely going to need another going over, but it's not too bad. My roots are BLONDE, which is nice :D.

My 4 boxes (2 lighteners, 1 ash blonde one, and an extra) was just over £20 btw, so it might (might!) be cheaper for you to get it done at a hairdresser if you're gonna buy two of each. At least the stripping part.
  • Options
    OMG, didn't realise the blonding was happening so soon! How exciting. Yes, pictures please.

You inspired me to change mine too, although to something undrastic cause of stupid shit job (boo hiss). Going (well, going to attempt) lovely copperyish light brown with highlights. Hair will probably do whatever it wants.
  • Options
    Me too - i've been thinking about dying my hair but i'm a) not sure what colour I should go for and b) can't really afford to at the moment and c) because i might end up having children before i can sucessfully grow it out i.e. some time in the next 5 years - and you can't bleach your hair when your pregnant (I learnt that from home and away how sad am i?).

So my plan is to have babies and then go blonde to match them - cos statistically i'm gonna end up with blonde babies as me and ze husband were both blonde as children though dramatically darkened later in life.

Hummpf I might however go very dark brown for a bit though just to see what its like.........
  • Options
    Sooo hows it going franki!
  • Options
    Well it's currently orange. I'm gonna do the rest of the bleaching tomorrow then do pictures :D.
  • Options
    I bet it'll look great!! I love seeing people with nice new hair :)
  • Options
    I will tomorrow :p.
  • Options
    Second lot of bleach on nowwwwwwwwww :D
  • Options
    and......how did the seconf bleaching go?

be carefull if you are putting the ash blonde on though, i don't want your hair to go grey like mine did!
  • Options
    It's still slightly orange, but it's not too bad. Gonna put the ash on later so that if it IS grey I can put the other one on in the morning :).
  • Options
    good plan!
  • Options
    Looks like I'm gonna have to bleach it AGAIN. Hmmm. Still a bit orange. Doesn't look overly bad though so ya know.
  • Options
    Put the ash blonde on and now it's dried it doesn't look all that orange at all. The last lot tomorrow should sort it I reckon :D. It won't be even all over but it won't look TERRIBLE.

Who wants pictures :hyper:?
  • Options
    Put the ash blonde on and now it's dried it doesn't look all that orange at all. The last lot tomorrow should sort it I reckon :D. It won't be even all over but it won't look TERRIBLE.

Who wants pictures :hyper:?

Mememe!
  • Options
  • Options
    Ooh, I like :) How does your hair feel now?
  • Options
    It's not too bad actually :). It's only a little bit dry because I've used all the conditioner from the bleach packs and I've got lots of conditioner left from the ash blonde.

When I do the other blonde tomorrow it might be a bit more dry but it shouldn't betoo bad. My tresemme conditioner is pretty good so it should be ok :D.
  • Options
    I can't seee:(
  • Options
    You should be able tooooooo :(.

Do you have Facebook?
  • Options
    Not to worry, I have been on the live of the j!

Still some residual brassiness, but nothing major, and I like where this is going! Get ye some eyeliner and a snarl!
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Not to worry, I have been on the live of the j!

Still some residual brassiness, but nothing major, and I like where this is going! Get ye some eyeliner and a snarl!
    I don't do snarl :p.
  • Options
    Cheeky grin if you must!

Btw, just noticed you look REALLY like this girl I was mates with in high school </random>
  • Options
    K, so since loads of you can't see, this is before and after and also inbetween :p.
  • Options
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    Haha. WOW. I'm loving the orange!!!!!!!!!
    Sssh :p.
  • Options
    Looking good, you like?