Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Heath Ledger has died

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    entertainment
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I couldnt believe this when I heard it on the radio this morning.

It is terrible. Such a loss.

I dont think it was deliberate, but as Briggi said, I suppose you dont know what happens in the minds of others.

I feel for his little girl, the poor thing.

He always seemed such a genuine bloke, proper down to earth.
  • Options
    J wrote: »
    That's weird. I was watching an illegal copy of A Knights Tale last night and at the same it's star Heath Ledger was commiting suicide.

I've killed before. Video piracy is a crime!
    Insensitive, much.
  • Options
    :eek:
    It's not that shocking - people cried when Diana died.

The way it was anounced was horrendous - just 'breaking news' interrupting the local news with 'hollywood actor heath ledger has died' and then they carried on with the other stories. I was so shocked.
    It also upset me because it was drug related. I work as a data imputter for a substance misuse service and have to type 'first choice drug - heroin/cocaine/cannabis/crack/subutex/' for hours on end and it becomes really depressing. Another of my favourite childhood actors died last week from a drug overdose - Brad Renfro so I'm surrounded by it.

I'm sorry to say this, but if it had been Amy Wino, I wouldn't have been hit this hard.... :(
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    J wrote: »
    That's weird. I was watching an illegal copy of A Knights Tale last night and at the same it's star Heath Ledger was commiting suicide.

I've killed before. Video piracy is a crime!

There is no evidence that he committed suicide. Post mortem was inconclusive.
  • Options
    I'm sure 'Amy Wino's' family would be devestated and would hardly miss your own personal lack of sympathy.
  • Options
    hmmmmm
  • Options
    There is no evidence that he committed suicide. Post mortem was inconclusive.

Well it looks like that.

A person who's been on record saying that he's uncomfortable with fame, just breaking up with his wife who he has a daughter with. All things point to suicide.
  • Options
    They were prescription pills and there are reports that he was ill. It could easily have been a tragic accident. I think people are far too quick to jump the gun and point the finger when we just don't know. There is not enough evidence to state either way. I also think that a some of this thread is in bad taste, but that's another matter.
  • Options

And people are sad.

I'd never cry with the death of someone I didn't know personally.
  • Options
    I didnt mean its entertainment you fool, I meant theres a threa din entertainment coz someone else said there was another thread.
  • Options
    sorry, who?
  • Options
    i think it's easy for the death of someone you don't know to evoke a reaction in you. i cried when the nineteen cockle pickers died
  • Options
    Ive never seen anything he was in, but its always a shame for someone to die so young.
  • Options
    Truly Tragic! And i don't normally post on here about people who have died, but i was seriously shocked and just stunned when i heard last night just as i was going to bed it popped up on my net news service as a break new story.

I don't know how many people who have posted already continue to read this thread, but as far as his death goes, it looks a lot like he accidentally overdosed on his medication for manic-depression and sleeping pills. Not that he committed suicide.

As for suffering from Manic-Depression and Insomnia, it is being said that his method acting style is what caused this. He locked himself in a hotel room for a month to "get into the mind of the Joker" in preparation for his role as the Joker and that affected his sleep and led to him being diagnosed as "manic-depressive" though thats just what i read today.

I certainly do hope the rumours that he will be given a postumous Oscar nomination next year for the role as the Joker is True, he was AMAZING actor and i'm sure the Joker will be his most memorable performance ever.

Sadly missed!
  • Options
    I don't think it's shocking that people may cry on hearing such news, even about someone they don't know. I still feel deeply, deeply shocked by it. I didn't feel like this when Diana died, I guess my personal circumstances are different now. It's the daddy-daughter thing, I just can't get my head around it. I feel gripped by terror just imagining myself and my kids in that situation.

I wish websites would stop posting speculation. 9.58 - Suicide, 9.59 - Looks like it wasn't suicide, 10.01 - he was manic depressive, 10.05 - oh, total junkie. They should shut the fuck up until the autopsy results come back. Of course the initial results were going to be "inconclusive", as if that wasn't a foregone conclusion... "inconclusive" pretty much means they didn't find a bloodied knife sticking out of the body.

It's kind of pointless discussing it, I guess, or discussing/mocking people's reactions to it. He's still dead, there is a 2 year old that will NEVER know her father, an actor that was "different" than the normal loud obnoxious self-serving and attention-seeking ones nowadays is dead, and a set of parents and a family are grieving.

By all accounts he was a bit of a lost soul, or at least very troubled of late. Some souls are troubled, and are not meant to be on earth for long as hard as that is to swallow. I hope his soul has found peace and is in a better place if there is one. It's so tragic.
  • Options
    Seems like the Westboro Church nutters are planning to picket his funeral because he "promoted homosexuality" in Brokeback Mountain.

:no:

http://www.godhatesfags.com/written/fliers/20080122_heath-ledger-brokeback-mountain.pdf
  • Options
    they make me go angry!!
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »
    Seems like the Westboro Church nutters are planning to picket his funeral because he "promoted homosexuality" in Brokeback Mountain.

:no:

http://www.godhatesfags.com/written/fliers/20080122_heath-ledger-brokeback-mountain.pdf

I hate those cunts. :mad:
  • Options
    :eek:

TBH I thought that he was okay as an actor but nothing special, but rumours of Joker are pretty interesting. It's a shock for sure - there are a few others that I would expect to go before him.

I thought he was a really good actor tbh. I respect him for his choice of roles too. He could've quite easily have played it safe and gone for the typical Hollywood leading man roles, but he went for more challenging characters.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    It's tragic but only in as far as it's always tragic when somebody young dies.
    He was an actor and entertained people, he didn't do anything 'great'.

Never understood great public outpourings of grief in these cases.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

Yeah and I thought that they were a bit sad too. It says more about your emotional stability than anything IMHO.

But hey each to their own I suppose.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    merged the threads.
  • Options
    Another of my favourite childhood actors died last week from a drug overdose - Brad Renfro

Didn't realise until u said that he'd died from an od too.
  • Options
    I don't have anything new to add, only want to say too how shocked I am - it's a tragedy for someone so young and so talented to die - he had his whole future ahead of him. It's just so unexpected it's shocking. He was definitely one of my favourite actors. He was brilliant in Brokeback Mountain, and as others have said, damn well sexy too.

It's just so sad... It's always difficult to accept when someone young dies. :(
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    There are crazy people everywhere I'm afraid :rolleyes:
  • Options
    He was on a lot of different sleeping pills aswell as an AD and drugs for anxiety. Looks like it was more accidental really.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    He was on a lot of different sleeping pills aswell as an AD and drugs for anxiety. Looks like it was more accidental really.

And I've read reports that he was suffering with pneumonia at the time of his death too. All very sad :(
  • Options
    gawd i hate the westboro baptist church, i wonder if i could get some sponsership to fly out there and pan all of em in one go.