Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How frequently do you have sex?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am in a very happy relationship were very much in love and having a great time with each other. were both 20 and this is my first and her 3rd serious relationship. Recently we have taken each others virginity and are making love, which was fun but awkward at first however now it very pleasurable for both of us. This all sounds awesome and for the most part it is, however despite enjoying it my gf doesnt seem to have much of a sex drive ive always though young couples were supposed to want to be all over each other all the time and i would love that however despite us always kissing and hugging, we only make love 1-2 a week is this weird? i feel like im doing something wrong or shes losing her attraction for me:(, any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Better than me ;) I'm 22 with zero sex drive, poor boyfriend! Everybodies sex drive is different. Is she on birth control or ssri's by chance? Both of those, depending on the type, have potentional to decrease ones sex drive. She just may not have a high sex drive at all. If you are curious you could always ask her.

How often do you initiate sex? Maybe she is a bit shy with initiating it. Could be a dozen and a half reasons why she's not into getting it on that often. Best just to ask to find out :)
  • Options
    um

Shes not on any birth controll medication, the initiation is weird we talk about it quite openly were very comfortable with each other i am mostly the one who tries to initiate but the reply i always get is "I am tired" or "I have a 9.00am lecture", ive talked to her about it and she says she loves me and does fancy me shes just not a particularly sexual person, this may sound selfish but this bothers me because i can see myself spending the rest of my life with her but i have a slightly above average sex drive and i love when we mess around however infrequent, but the trend is in long term reltionships it decreases right? i dunno im all paranoidy and confused
  • Options
    Maybe she is genuinely tired. Are you more of an evening person? Maybe if you try initiate earlier in the day she'll be abit more willing because she can still go to bed early!

Also try being romantic, giving her massages etc. It's a nice gesture but can very easily lead to sex too.
  • Options
    Me and boyfriend are only about once a week at the moment.
    It sounds harsh but I just cant be arsed much now.
    Yup the pill has a huge affect on your sex drive or it has on mine anyway :impissed:
  • Options
    I want it more then my boyfriend! I'm currently having it 0 times a week as he's about 250 miles away. When I was back home, we were having it about 2-3 times a week. I'd have it everyday if I could ;)
  • Options
    About once a fortnight ;(. If I saw him every weekend then it would be about once or twice over the weekend but I see him once a fortnight so we don't do it as much. We used to have it a LOT more though when we first got together.
  • Options
    rarely - LDR, depends how long i'm seeing him for for how much we can fit in :p.
  • Options
    Depends how often I see him really. If we spend a few days together we'll have sex the first day and prob the last, although it does depend on our mood a lot as well...we enjoy talking far too much. If we're just seeing each other over night say once a week, it's usually before we go to bed and when we wake in the morning, but then we've both got equal sex drives so there's never any complaints and it doesn't take much to initiate it.

When I was on the pill it pretty much killed my sex drive and I really couldn't be bothered with it. But there are times if I'm tired, or know I have to be up early that I will say no.
  • Options
    yohanes13 wrote: »
    Recently we have taken each others virginity and are making love,..

This is so poetic, I could barf.

anyhoo. Well 1-2 a week is a little bit few if you ask me. In the first weeks of a relationship it was more like 1-2 times a day plus additional 2-3 times a night.
    Is she stressed because of studying or work? Did she show any signs of depression, or do you know if she was depressed? Are you horrible in bed and not listening to her advice to make it better?

pff, the possibilities are endless.
  • Options
    It could be that she is stressed or tired with uni likes she says. people's sex drive changes. I used to want it every day and then i went on some medication when i was in hospital and went off sex and only wanted it once a month if that. She may just be getting used to having sex.
    People's sex drive can even change from week to week, some weeks i want it twice a day.....i think my man must think he is in heavon then especially as we been together 4 years.

I would say talk to her about it, communication is the key to great sex ;)
  • Options
    um

she is very stressed with uni she has lots of work at the mo i guess thata probably it and i just got caught up in the tv idea of being all over each other, ive spoken to her and she says shes very happy with what goes on and im amazing at it (her words not mine i swear), however she simply maintains shes just not a very sexualy charged person, guess iill just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    I use to have a great sex drive when i first got with my boyfriend but it has gone down now :( i do still love him lots and i still fancy him idk wots up we only do it a couple of times a week these days
  • Options
    As often as she wants to
  • Options
    Never!
    I used to want sex all the time when I was single, now I'm not I never want it. I have better things to do...well I can find better things to do :p
  • Options
    anyone here ever hear of "Quality not quantity?". Who cares how many times you have sex or not thats up to ye completely. Everyone seems to think there set guidelines and fiqures when it comes to relationships and its just not true. Every single couple in the whole of this world is different and thats the fun off it. Although if you feel like you would like more from her simply ask her, just remember its not her obligation to fullfill your needs if SHE is not comfortable with it. Happy hunting!:)
  • Options
    Is she on birth control or ssri's by chance? Both of those, depending on the type, have potentional to decrease ones sex drive.

This is an interesting one... I have been on the pill since I was 17 and consider myself to have quite a low sex drive... I often wonder whether it is the pill that causes this but i've never had a chance to find out. I am so settled with it that I would hate to mess my body up by coming off it (plus the added hassles!) - The annoying thing is the first chance i will probably get to find out if it is pill based is when I come off it for us to start a family - kids aren't exactly the best way to get the fires of passion started ;)
  • Options
    I've never lost my sex drive completely but when I was on the pill (briefly, might I add) it was definitely at its lowest ebb. When I've been unhappy with myself it has dipped too, I'd say.

It's not a problem these days, though, I get it at every possible opportunity. Do quite well for myself most weeks ;)
  • Options
    Once a month on average, seeing as I haven't had (and haven't really wanted) a long term relationship for ages then that's alright I suppose.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    I've never lost my sex drive completely but when I was on the pill (briefly, might I add) it was definitely at its lowest ebb. When I've been unhappy with myself it has dipped too, I'd say.

It's not a problem these days, though, I get it at every possible opportunity. Do quite well for myself most weeks ;)

:grump:
  • Options
    what

what am idowing here?:banghead:
  • Options
    posting on a message board?
  • Options
    Just play with your self it helps.....
  • Options
    hi
  • Options
    Sorry, drunk post.

Do it once a month perhaps, but it's not really making love, it's a charade performed by both of us rather than admit there are some issues.

But, one or two times a wek seems fine :) honestly don't worry about it. It's like asking how often do you hug - stupid question really.

The only difference being sex is so awesomely good. It's like heaven.
  • Options
    dohc wrote: »
    just remember its not her obligation to fullfill your needs if SHE is not comfortable with it. Happy hunting!:)

Very true! If she isn't going to take care of your NEEDS like a g/f or b/f should be doing for their significant other than that is a free pass to get hookers, random one night stands, etc... If a girl friend doesn't assist with your needs then she's not playing the g/f role like she should be. And also for all those people that say start giving her a massage etc.... FUCK THAT sex is for the both of you.... My g/f used to tell me to give her a massage and then after we would have sex.... lol what a load of SHIT, it's like i'm paying her in my services to receive service in return, but sex is for BOTH partners not one so I give NO more massages to get sex and she knows that now.
  • Options
    Very true! If she isn't going to take care of your NEEDS like a g/f or b/f should be doing for their significant other than that is a free pass to get hookers, random one night stands, etc... If a girl friend doesn't assist with your needs then she's not playing the g/f role like she should be. And also for all those people that say start giving her a massage etc.... FUCK THAT sex is for the both of you.... My g/f used to tell me to give her a massage and then after we would have sex.... lol what a load of SHIT, it's like i'm paying her in my services to receive service in return, but sex is for BOTH partners not one so I give NO more massages to get sex and she knows that now.

I expect you're just not very good at it tbh. I mean, your girlfriend's there telling you exactly how to make sex good for her - by relaxing and arousing her body with a massage, but all you wanna do is pump it? Poor thing.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    I expect you're just not very good at it tbh. I mean, your girlfriend's there telling you exactly how to make sex good for her - by relaxing and arousing her body with a massage, but all you wanna do is pump it? Poor thing.

:yes: tbh
  • Options
    My g/f used to tell me to give her a massage and then after we would have sex.... lol what a load of SHIT, it's like i'm paying her in my services to receive service in return, but sex is for BOTH partners not one so I give NO more massages to get sex and she knows that now.

Ah, so THAT'S why 75% of women don't orgasm through sex.

Poor girl. She should chuck you and find out how good sex with a considerate man is.
  • Options
    Not for 18 months :p
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »

Hopefully he's trying to say that sex goes both ways, she shouldn't expect him to do something for her to have sex. I hope... Otherwise he is a very shallow person.