Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Too long

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently got back with my ex after 3 n half years of time apart. At 1st it was good we were going out doing things together and then after a few weeks it just went back to how it was when we didnt do anything together or anything and it's like we are just friends and not a couple.

Do you think we were just kidding ourselves that it could work after 3 n half years and do you guys think this is too long????

ta x

Comments

• Options
    I recently got back with my ex after 3 n half years of time apart. At 1st it was good we were going out doing things together and then after a few weeks it just went back to how it was when we didnt do anything together or anything and it's like we are just friends and not a couple.

Do you think we were just kidding ourselves that it could work after 3 n half years and do you guys think this is too long????

ta x

If it has gone back to how it was after but a few weeks, then its the same as it was before.

An ex is usually an ex for a reason. Even after 3.5 years. It's not a case of too long, it's a case of wrong person. If it was meant to work, it would.
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    If it has gone back to how it was after but a few weeks, then its the same as it was before.

An ex is usually an ex for a reason. Even after 3.5 years. It's not a case of too long, it's a case of wrong person. If it was meant to work, it would.

:yes: Too true. I was recently in the same position. Started going out with him last April, but things quickly were just back to normal, lived with that for a while, but split up with him in December and lifes been so much better since. :)
  • Options

:yes:
  • Options
    Thanks you guys
  • Options
    Hey, you know he may not be right as the same problems you had then are there now. Have you talked to him in depth about this? Maybe he thinks its normal to have your relationship and doesn't realise how you are feeling. x
  • Options

I disagree with your view as maybe people get together at wrong times in their livies and it's doomed not work out, for whatever uncontrollable reasons. It doesn't mean it wouldn't have worked out for them had they not been together under different circumstance..... However in this case i believe you are right and it will not work out for them.
  • Options
    Well if things went back to the way they were than it will most likely not work out. Though, I have heard many stories from friends describing how a couple broke up and then years later reunite and eventually marry.

Also, just because you and your significant other don't work out doesn't mean it will not work out later down the road. It's usually just the situation and timing that kills the relationship in the first place.