Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cancelling train tickets/changing plans

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I have tickets booked for London for the 22nd of April. I bought a Value-Advance-Fare tickets.

The thing is, I want to change the date. I want to now go to London the day before. Some Value Advance Fares are available online for the times I want to go the day before.

How can I change the date of my ticket and change it to one of these cheap fares?

In regards to changing my travel plans for my tickets it says "Yes - until departure, you can change your travel plans at a cost of GBP5.00 per ticket, plus the difference between the fare paid and the cheapest available fare for the new travel dates" so I can change it, it just doesn't say how :confused:

If I go to the station will those cheap fares be available but are they only available online? How do I change it to one of these cheap fares?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    \
  • Options
    You have to ring them up I believe. It was a pain in the arse last time I did it :(
  • Options
    Ring the company you bought the tickets off.

I think the admin charge is more if you go to the station in person to have the dates changed.
  • Options
    Gah. I've just rang them up. Despite the fact it says on their website that you can change your travel plans at the cost of £5 per ticket for Value Travel fares, the guy on the line said they now charge £10 per ticket and seeing as my ticket was £10 that would make no sense. I may as well buy a new ticket for the day before. Gah. Thats annoying.
  • Options
    just go the original day.
  • Options
    I think thats what I'm going to do now because going down that day earlier is going to cost me about £26 because I would have to buy a return ticket to where I was going to plus another ticket to London. I'm a little pissed off I can't change the date though. On their website it says you can change my particular ticket for a charge of £5 yet now its £10.
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    I think thats what I'm going to do now because going down that day earlier is going to cost me about £26 because I would have to buy a return ticket to where I was going to plus another ticket to London. I'm a little pissed off I can't change the date though. On their website it says you can change my particular ticket for a charge of £5 yet now its £10.
    Double check the terms and conditions of your ticket and then ring them up and argue. How can they justify doubling the charge and not informing their customers at the time of sale?
  • Options
    I've just doubled checked. Theres 3 types of value fares. It is actually a £10 charging fee and £5 for the others. It was my mistake. Theres no point in me actually changing the ticket because it only cost £10.25!!! I may as well buy a new set of tickets if I want to go early.
  • Options
    Well I've booked some new tickets. Theres only 8 minutes between my trains though when they change. On my tickets it says that I have to get the trains at the times specified. What happens if my first train arrives in late? Will I just be able to get the next train to London from Manchester with the same ticket?
  • Options
    Sorry I can't really help on this buttt, stacey where are you getting your £10 train tickets from?

The cheapest Violette found for me and her, Manchester to London for the meet was £30! :-/ which is putting me off a little! even though I really wanna come and kinda have to now cos of the hostel being booked i still didnt realise it was gonna cost me so much.
  • Options
    I have a ticket from Preston to Manchester for next Saturday you can have for £10 spare :p It leaves Preston at 8.47am though.

I'm looking for some cheap ones for you now
  • Options
    you think preston to london is expensive

try durham to kent, its a pure bred killer
  • Options
    Go onto www.virgintrainsfares.co.uk and type in the details manchester to london.

If you click on the value fares option, they should be under there.

I have found a ticket from Manchester to London at 7.54am for £10 and a return on Sunday at 19.15 for £11.90.

They look like they are selling out quickly though. You need to click on the cheap value fares. You need to look at all the earlier and later times to see where the cheap ones are available.

There is also a saver return for £37.70
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Well I've booked some new tickets. Theres only 8 minutes between my trains though when they change. On my tickets it says that I have to get the trains at the times specified. What happens if my first train arrives in late? Will I just be able to get the next train to London from Manchester with the same ticket?
    Where are you changing?
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Go onto www.virgintrainsfares.co.uk and type in the details manchester to london.

If you click on the value fares option, they should be under there.

I have found a ticket from Manchester to London at 7.54am for £10 and a return on Sunday at 19.15 for £11.90.

They look like they are selling out quickly though. You need to click on the cheap value fares. You need to look at all the earlier and later times to see where the cheap ones are available.

There is also a saver return for £37.70

Yeahhh, that's what I was telling Steph yesterday... Elisa the pair of you should really book it ASAP since they always go up when I put off booking them. :grump:

'Cause you two haaaave to come. :D
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Yeahhh, that's what I was telling Steph yesterday... Elisa the pair of you should really book it ASAP since they always go up when I put off booking them. :grump:

'Cause you two haaaave to come. :D
    I keep telling her this but she doesn't listen :|
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Where are you changing?
    Stockport.

My train to London is at 12.24. The next one after that is 12.54.
  • Options
    Think I'm getting a train now, just managed to get them for £25.
    Fucks sake - theyre now saying sold out. :|
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Stockport.

Woo! Stockpoooort!
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    Stockport.

Stockport is easy to change at - 8 minutes is ages!

If you inbound service is delayed you need to get the conductor on your late train to write on the ticket so that the staff on the other train know the reason. Make sure they sign it, and write the train code on.
  • Options
    Oooo ok. So if my train is delayed and I get the next train, there shouldn't be a problem right?
  • Options
    No problem as long as its written on the ticket by the conductor or someone on the station. Just let the ticket checker on Virgin know when you give him the ticket and it should be fine.
  • Options
    If they say that just try again, they do it sometimes, bastard shitty thing it is.
  • Options

Did ya manage to book some?
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Did ya manage to book some?

I'm still trying. I just called them and they told me it would be £57.20.

Fuck that!!
  • Options
    Can you remember what you were trying to book?
  • Options
    Stockport - London Euston.

I asked her to do the cheapest tickets but I couldn't tell a fucking word she was saying apart from 'YOU WANT ME PUT THIS THROUGH AT £57.20???!!'

No, fuck off.
  • Options
    Stockport - London Euston.

I asked her to do the cheapest tickets but I couldn't tell a fucking word she was saying apart from 'YOU WANT ME PUT THIS THROUGH AT £57.20???!!'

No, fuck off.
    Ahh, the bangladeshi call centre, fucking useless cunts.

8.03 off Stockport on Sat and 21.45 off London bring up £12.50 singles, as do some other fares but not many.

Try closing it down and starting again.
  • Options
    Hey I found some cheap tickets online last night. They are on the previous page. Try booking those ones. Have you tried booking them online?
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Ahh, the bangladeshi call centre, fucking useless cunts.

8.03 off Stockport on Sat and 21.45 off London bring up £12.50 singles, as do some other fares but not many.

Try closing it down and starting again.