Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

can you have an abortion after

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
2 months? hes belly is big ect.

BTW THIS IS FOR A FRIEND AND NOT MY LOVER OR SHAG FRIEND

Comments

• Options
    Yes she can. You can have an abortion up to 24 weeks I believe.

In the future make sure your friend uses protection if not already. Abortions are not a nice thing to have to go through and if she doesn't even know the basic facts like the time limit on having such procedures then maybe she shouldn't be having sex. I'm not having a go, it's an awful decision to have to make and position to be in but she needs to be a little more responsible in the future.
  • Options
    Yes. Be aware that as time goes on the procedure changes, and after 14 weeks, the woman needs cervical preparation of some sort to help to dilate the cervix and make the procedure safer for her. This is normally done by giving her some medication.

If your friend wants a termination, she should seek help asap and get the gestation confirmed.
  • Options
    the earlier the better
  • Options
    she shouldn't be having one at all!
  • Options

Why?
  • Options

eekk, I hope you don't mean what I think you mean.

How do you mean she shouldn't be having one at all?
  • Options
    its her decision and noone elses, whether youre personally for or against abortion is beside the point
  • Options
    its her decision and noone elses, whether youre personally for or against abortion is beside the point

:yes:
  • Options

Give her chance to explain what she meant my love :p
  • Options
    Any one who is irresponsible enough and doesn't use a condom and the pill - which would be pretty much 100% effective - esp when used together should grow up! Children/teenagers tend to be taught - if you stop contraception you will get pregnant! Although ovulation generally occurs around the middle of the cycle - hence a girl can conceive on only around 5 days a month.
  • Options
    Any one who is irresponsible enough and doesn't use a condom and the pill - which would be pretty much 100% effective - esp when used together should fucking well grow up! Children/teenagers tend to be taught - if you stop contraception you will get pregnant! Although ovulation generally occurs around the middle of the cycle - hence a girl can conceive on only around 5 days a month (which is why some women who have trouble conceiving are just not having sex at the right time of month). Get properly educated people before you start having sex! Don't start having abortions cause you're too pig-ignorant to prevent pregnancy!

Wow. Get off your high horse and come down with the commoners, missy. Life isn't as simple as that. I like to the think I am as educated as the next person, but I haven't used a condom/pill a few times without getting pregnant in the past - I am not advocating my method WHATSOEVER - I know it's silly but the heat of the moment gets the better of you.

You're human after all, you wouldn't be given all the different emotions to allow these reactions to different situations had you not been human in the first place.

Anyways, this girl or her mate or anyone whoever it maybe have absolutely every right to have an abortion. If she's got the right to have sex without protection - daft, I know - then she has the right to whatever happens to her body, as do you.

You don't have any right whatsoever to dictate, advise of course but fuck off with the dictating process. She's probably having harsh enough time as it is without you calling her pig-ignorant? Look in the mirror, mate.

Welcome to the world, it's diverse and cosy. You're gonna love it.
  • Options
    h ovulation generally occurs around the middle of the cycle - hence a girl can conceive on only around 5 days a month (which is why some women who have trouble conceiving are just not having sex at the right time of month). Get properly educated people before you start having sex! Don't start having abortions cause you're too pig-ignorant to prevent pregnancy!

get fucking educated yourself. It took me 8 months to concieve having sex at least twice a day EVERY day of the month.

NO contraceptive is 100%, and what the hell right have you got to tell a woman she has to go through pregnancy and childbirth just because of an accident or because you personally find abortion distasteful?

If youre against abortion - thats fine - dont have one!
  • Options
    I'm sorry it took you so long to get pregnant. I've edited my original comment.Abortion is not "distasteful" - its killing an innocent child. Oh sorry they have rights 5 mins after their born but not 5 mins or 5 months before? Whens the cut off point? When do they become people? Its not your own body you're destroying - its someone elses. I'm standing up the people who can't stand up for themselves. I'm not on a high horse - I got pregnant "by accident" but I kept my baby and he is amazing. No one has "the right" to commit murder.
  • Options
    This isn't a thread to discuss the rights and wrongs of abortions, go to the P&D forum to that. This is a thread about someone looking for advice for a friend about when they can have an abortion and they don't need you jumping on 'em with moral/ethical issues.
  • Options
    I'm sorry it took you so long to get pregnant. I've edited my original comment.Abortion is not "distasteful" - its killing an innocent child. Oh sorry they have rights 5 mins after their born but not 5 mins or 5 months before? Whens the cut off point? When do they become people? Its not your own body you're destroying - its someone elses. I'm standing up the people who can't stand up for themselves. I'm not on a high horse - I got pregnant "by accident" but I kept my baby and he is amazing. No one has "the right" to commit murder.

The cut off point is 24 weeks gestation - the time when they have a chance of survival if born - before that theyre there purely by the goodwill of the woman carrying it, and thats the way it needs to stay. Ive got pregnant by accident and kept the baby too. Ive also got pregnant by accident and had an abortion. Ive also got pregnant with a much wanted baby and lost the baby. Ive also got pregnant with a much wanted baby and kept him.

I dont see what mine or your personal decisions on what we did with each of our individual pregnancies have got to do with what someone else wants to do with their own body.

This is a support issue, not the debating forum and your comments are innappropriate,
  • Options
    The cut off point is 24 weeks gestation - the time when they have a chance of survival if born - before that theyre there purely by the goodwill of the woman carrying it, and thats the way it needs to stay. Ive got pregnant by accident and kept the baby too. Ive also got pregnant by accident and had an abortion. Ive also got pregnant with a much wanted baby and lost the baby. Ive also got pregnant with a much wanted baby and kept him.

I dont see what mine or your personal decisions on what we did with each of our individual pregnancies have got to do with what someone else wants to do with their own body.

This is a support issue, not the debating forum and your comments are innappropriate,

Here, here.
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Wow. Get off your high horse and come down with the commoners, missy. Life isn't as simple as that. I like to the think I am as educated as the next person, but I haven't used a condom/pill a few times without getting pregnant in the past - I am not advocating my method WHATSOEVER - I know it's silly but the heat of the moment gets the better of you.

You're human after all, you wouldn't be given all the different emotions to allow these reactions to different situations had you not been human in the first place.

Anyways, this girl or her mate or anyone whoever it maybe have absolutely every right to have an abortion. If she's got the right to have sex without protection - daft, I know - then she has the right to whatever happens to her body, as do you.

You don't have any right whatsoever to dictate, advise of course but fuck off with the dictating process. She's probably having harsh enough time as it is without you calling her pig-ignorant? Look in the mirror, mate.

Welcome to the world, it's diverse and cosy. You're gonna love it.
    the last bit, was you talking to me?
  • Options
    btw, she wants to have an abortion now, she just wanted to know if its too late
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    This isn't a thread to discuss the rights and wrongs of abortions, go to the P&D forum to that. This is a thread about someone looking for advice for a friend about when they can have an abortion and they don't need you jumping on 'em with moral/ethical issues.

THANK YOU

and thanks to the others who helped me too.
  • Options
    thatkid wrote: »
    THANK YOU

and thanks to the others who helped me too.

Best of luck to your friend. Make sure you give her the support she needs because it's probably going to be a tough time.
  • Options
    thatkid wrote: »
    the last bit, was you talking to me?

I think it was aimed at Babyworms.
  • Options

i would like you to still keep this believe when you are pregnant, and you have no money, no house, no one to look out for you.
    its very easy to have an opinion on something you have not experienced