Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Topshop...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Yep!!
  • Options
    100%. I NEVER go in there now, unless it's to buy knickers.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yep.
  • Options
    I realised this around five years ago yeah :razz: Their stuff is so generic and shit. If you're walking 200 yards down a street and see six people wearing the same top, chances are it was from Topshop.
  • Options
    Ruddy hell yes.
    Where is the best place to shop though, in your opinion? For both menswear and womenswear...
  • Options
    Absolutely.

The quality's crappy, too, and the stuff is cut badly for 99% of the female population.

I used to go in a lot when I was younger, but I don't think I've bought anything from Topshop for a good 5 years.
    Where is the best place to shop though, in your opinion? For both menswear and womenswear...

At the moment, I'm a Primark girl cause I'm skint, but when I have money, my favourites are H&M, Zara and Miss Selfridge. Miss S is also guilty of hiking up their prices in recent years, but I love the design of their stuff so much I let them off.

H&M and Zara are great for menswear too :thumb:
  • Options
    Topshop has been getting progressively more shite and unoriginal (and worn en masse) for years and years now. Amazingly, their prices have increased just as steadily over this time. Half the things they had when I was last there were hideous, and the nicer things still weren't worth half the mark up on their price tag. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    Is it me, or are their clothes only cut good for you if you're a size 6?
  • Options
    Being a size 16, nothing suits me either. And it doesn't bode well with my purse strings either ;)

I absolutely adore Coast but would need to marry a rich doctor to buy there everyday items. Or H&M :)
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    Is it me, or are their clothes only cut good for you if you're a size 6?

Not even then. They may fit people who have big waists and no hips, but if you have any shape at all, you're out of luck.
  • Options
    I've brought nothing from topshop for years. I found from a young age they dont like fuller figures.

I like M&S (and have a massive flagship store 10 mins walk from my house), Dotty P's and some of the lines in debenhams like Red Herring.
  • Options
    i prefer M&S and M&M anything with an & :p
  • Options
    IDotty P's

IS MY OBSESSION.

I spend far too much money in there. Some of their stuff is AWFUL, but far too much of it is really nice :(.
  • Options
    lacrymosa, every time I see your name on posts I start humming Mozart Requiem... how odd :confused:
  • Options
    I agree.
  • Options
    I don't mind Topshop, I agree the prices have gone up alot recently but I still shop in there. I only really tend to get dresses and maybe the odd top or jumper/cardigan from there. I just always remember to use my student discount ;) The only thing I would never get from there are shoes! They are way too expensive, I can get something similar from Dorethy P's for like £20.
    I've got a new love for Zara now, A new shop has opened in Warrington and I love their dressy and casual clothes and they fit pretty well.
  • Options
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    You'd be right too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M33_0PyM4CI

I've just spelt it a bit differently ;)

Sang it last year - god, it was good *sigh*
  • Options
    i prefer M&S and M&M anything with an & :p

S&M?
  • Options
    As a random aside, M&S is the French abbreviation for S&M which confused my girlfriend's housemate when he moved here from France...

I like Dorothy Perkins, Next and H&M. My biggest struggle is usually finding jeans; New Look and Next jeans fit pretty well but tend not to last. So annoying.
  • Options
    I've never bought anything from Topshop... I just don't understand why anyone would want to look like a clone of someone else. I have looked at the website, and it offers Urban Outfitter prices, for Matalan looking stuff. Not my style anyway.... so yes, overpriced and overrated.
  • Options
    Everything I ever bought from Topshop fell apart within a year. Call me old-fashioned but when I pay out £30 of my hard-earned money on something, I usually expect it not to develop holes within less than 12 months.
  • Options
    Everything I ever bought from Topshop fell apart within a year. Call me old-fashioned but when I pay out £30 of my hard-earned money on something, I usually expect it not to develop holes within less than 12 months.

To be fair, I don't think the average Topshop customer has a 12 month old wardrobe.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    To be fair, I don't think the average Topshop customer has a 12 month old wardrobe.

Well some of my old stuff I throw out - but some of it I like to be able to wear the next year because it's quite nice, and things being absolutely in fashion isn't exactly my highest priority. It's kinda nice when clothes last you for longer than a season...
  • Options
    Yep, Topshop is a bit poo.

I only venture in to get those vesty things; two for £9 or something, everything else dates really quickly
  • Options
    It's very expensive and over-rated but they do have some quite nice and some really awful stuff.
    Hideous or what?
  • Options
    hideous!
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    hideous!
    They'd make the skinniest person look like they had big hips.
  • Options
    massive saddlebags. I bet tehy sell enough of them though.