Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hair colour.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey.

recently went back to black (well dark brown, but looks black at the moment:rolleyes: ) after being blonde for a while.. need to get some new make up.. so I've got dark hair, blue eyes and quite pale. Give me some clues as to what to get?

Also.. how can I get it to fade a bit so I don't look like Noel Fielding?

Comments

• Options
    I've got black hair, blue eyes and alabaster skin. I tend to wear grey eyeshadow with lots of kohl and mascara - really sets the blue. I also wear a gorgeous MAC green eyeshadow which makes my eyes pop.
    That's pretty much my 'staple' makeup, so it'll be interesting to hear other people's suggestions lol.
  • Options
    Head and shoulders is ace for stripping a bit of colour out. :)

Also, I'm quite pale too, and when I have dark hair, I NEED blusher, or I look like I've died. Cream or gel blusher works best for giving you colour without looking like a circus performer.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Also, I'm quite pale too, and when I have dark hair, I NEED blusher, or I look like I've died.

:yes: Blusher is your friend for pale skin and dark hair. Choose a nice pale pinky shade
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Head and shoulders is ace for stripping a bit of colour out. :)

:yes:

I didn't bring my shampoo with me (big bottles are not your friend for short trips) and I had to make the choice this morning between having faded, shiny hair by the end of the weekend (Head & Shoulders), or still-red pretty dry hair (Radox shower gel/shampoo combo thing which dries my hair out so badly...). Oh it was a dilemma :(.
  • Options
    Which did you choose?
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    Which did you choose?
    The dry hair option. It's not actually too bad atm, which is good. I might use the H&S tomorrow though since I have roots anyway so should probably re-dye it next week. :chin:.
  • Options
    Definitely bright eye make up. Turqoise and bronze would probably look good.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    Definitely bright eye make up. Turqoise and bronze would probably look good.
    :yes:

Also - I bought some L'oreal (I think?) eyeshadow the other day and it had a guide on the stand so you could see which colours would be best for your eye colour and stuff. Also this one is nice. It's a bit more greeny blue than it looks on that.
  • Options