Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sober raves, dance parties, nightclubs and nights out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Went out to the Synergy Centre last night... Ok, so it wasn't a rave, but my friends and I stayed stone cold sober and ended up dancing for hours (Banco de Gaia was playing... OMFG AMAZING!!!!), just letting the music kindaflow through our bodies... It felt so refreshing and free.

And I talked to some amazing people too...

I never thought I could do something like this before, especially not dancing, but it felt brilliant.

Has anybody else ever done a random sober night and really loved it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    No.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    No.
    Really?

Ever considered it?

Perhaps it is more dependent on the music too.
  • Options
    Yeah. All my nights out are sober because I dont drink that much if at all and I prefer it that way after seeing drunk girls lately.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Really?

Ever considered it?

Perhaps it is more dependent on the music too.

I could go to a Hardcore rave sober and still have a good time because I'm so in love with the music and the scene. But why would I want to when I can get pilled up and enjoy it even more? lol
    I'd just be jealous of all the people I'd see around me all pilled up, knowing exactly how they're feeling.

I could never go to a commercial nightclub sober, that would just drive me nuts.
  • Options
    I go to most hard house/hard dance events sober and have a great time. Of course, I can't feel the 'connection' when someone pilled up is wanting a hug (or asking where I got my pills from - I can't help the fact that I dance like a loon) but they get the hug anyway ;)
  • Options
    I frequently have nights out sober and normally I enjoy the rave-type ones the best. I kinda need to be a bit tipsy to forget how much I hate RnB when I go to the normal clubs. :p

I can dance like a loonatic when sober if I'm enjoying the music. I love it. :D
  • Options
    I could go to a Hardcore rave sober and still have a good time because I'm so in love with the music and the scene. But why would I want to when I can get pilled up and enjoy it even more? lol
    I'd just be jealous of all the people I'd see around me all pilled up, knowing exactly how they're feeling.

I could never go to a commercial nightclub sober, that would just drive me nuts.

Swap hardcore for hard house/hard trance and i'm pretty much the same... Especially the part about going to a commerical night sober...
  • Options
    Yeh it's a strange sort of "buzz". You're not used to it and you appreciate the music better and once you get over that "do I look like a twat?" feeling then you're flying.

Still, more likely to see me fucked on a dancefloor than sober.
  • Options
    I remember reading something about a club in London (think it was Ministry) not serving alcohol back in the day so that it could attract the 'true' music fans.

I think that says something.

I personally don't drink so I'm always sober at gigs/raves, and I have a thoroughly good time. I go to gigs more than all of my mates too.
  • Options
    Yes it was Ministry...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_of_sound

MoS initially set itself apart from other London nightclubs of the time with its location well away from London clubland, a non-alcoholic bar and a highly-acclaimed sound system; all features designed to attract an enthusiastic crowd of music lovers.
  • Options
    wait a minute, sorry did u mean that they didnt serve alcohol because they wanted people to appreciate the music sober? or to get fucked on drugs?
    Because they wanted to attract the 'true' music fans who can appreciate the music without any intoxicants I presume.
  • Options
    yeah but youd look more like a twat when youre fucked than if you were sober to be honest. the thought of people remembering me as: that girl passed out in the toilets/with the gurning jaw/sweating like a monkey on heat really depresses me. id much sooner go out, come back and know that i didnt make a fool of myself tonight and kept a bit of my self respect! :thumb:

Fuck that shit lol, at least if you were found gurning in a toilet, you would have had a fucking good night!

And what's all this crap about people going to raves on drugs not being true music lovers. I listen to Hardcore every day, while I'm eating my breakfast, when I'm walking to work and when I go to bed. Yet I'd be very dissapointed if I wasn't on pills at a rave... I could still have a good time without pills, but I'd know what I was missing out on.

Drugs make a good night a hell of alot better.
  • Options
    what a surprise! my boyfriends bro went to ibiza in the summer, and when he went in a club to order some beers, the guy behind the bar looked at him as if he was fucking insane! hardly anyone orders booze over there apparently.

Cuz drink is so expensive in clubs over there.
  • Options
    In my early days I used to do it but I'm naturally lethargic and need my base!
  • Options
    I can't think of any thing worse than been stone-cold sober whilst even one else is mashed out of their brains.

I hate it when I come out later than all my mates and I go and meet up with them and they are all hammered/ mashed running up to me chatting shit and screaming in my ear I do find some of it amusing but I would rather be fucked too.
  • Options

I hate it when I come out later than all my mates and I go and meet up with them and they are all hammered/ mashed running up to me chatting shit and screaming in my ear I do find some of it amusing but I would rather be fucked too.

Lol Tell me about it, everytime that happens I do like a quad drop or something to catch up.
  • Options
    Lol Tell me about it, everytime that happens I do like a quad drop or something to catch up.

:lol: Fair play that's what I feel like doing when they all come bouncing up to me declaring how much they love me with their sweaty faces .. I hope I'm not that bad when I'm mashed but I'm pretty sure I am lol
  • Options
    Lol You ever actually looked at yourself in the mirror when you're proper coming up on a few pills?? It's not very pretty....
  • Options
    No but one of my cruel friends took a picture once and videoed me. Urgh it was so embarassing ! My voice went all weird and I kept saying, 'Sophie I love you, no really I love you!' etc. etc.
  • Options
    I love nights out where I don't need booze to have a good time ! :D
  • Options

Ditto. Any rave, and I'll be fine. As soon as I hear Britney Spears, Westlife etc, I'm either out of there or get slaughtered.