Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Man who urinated on dying woman for YouTube glory jailed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do people think of this story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/7063366.stm

Also baring in mind the added fact he was drunk at the time coming back from his own Birthday party I believe :chin:

How does this compare to the guy that didn't go to jail for attacking that pensioner and blinding him ..

In a way think there seem to be a lot of example of hugely different sentences for varying degrees of crime, I'd also like to know if the person filming it got any punishment... reminds me of those guys praying on the homeless to make those Bum fight video's.

I think he should go to jail but not sure if 3 years is out of proportion to the crime, especially taking into account he was drunk on his Birthday... What does everyone else think?

Comments

• Options
    He pissed on someone who was dying in the street - personally I think 3 years is lenient...
  • Options
    I'm just thinking how the 3 cases lately I've all seen compare

8 years in jail for terrorism offenses

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/10/23/europe/EU-GEN-Britain-Terrorism.php

3 Years for Urinating on someone

0 years in Jail for punching and blinding a 96 year old man (three-year supervision order)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7057611.stm

It all seem backwards to me .. :chin:
  • Options
    I sincerely hope the cunt gets what's coming to him in prison.

Too bad those who stood by and laughed and did nothing won't be joining him inside.
  • Options
    I can't believe that people stood and watched and didn't tell him to stop. It makes me sick actually. Inagine that it was your mother or sister. Urgh.

I also agree with DG that there seems to be a vast difference between sentences being handed out at the moment. The pensioner is still alive and having to learn to cope with being blind whereas the lady who died in the street was going to die regardless of what that thug did.
  • Options
    I read about this in the paper, it made me feel literally sick. I can't believe someone would do such a sick thing. Isnt it everyones basic instinct to help someone who has collapsed in front of you? or ring an ambulance or something? even if you are drunk and high. He should have got longer.
  • Options
    we're all dying. he pissed on someone is the crime- vile and disgusting but not deserving of three years in prison.
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    I think he should go to jail but not sure if 3 years is out of proportion to the crime, especially taking into account he was drunk on his Birthday... What does everyone else think?

Oh that makes it alright then. As it was his birthday, he just should get 100 hours community service.

The fact it was his birthday has got fuck all to do with it!

Ive been incredibly drunk or stoned many times, not once have I thought of it being an excuse to piss over a dying person.

The fact that this guy urinated over someone who was dying and in need, suggests he is fucked in the head and deserves everything he gets.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    we're all dying. he pissed on someone is the crime- vile and disgusting but not deserving of three years in prison.

So if your mother died in the street and was pissed on before she lost consciousness, and the person who did it only got three years, you'd soon change your tune.

I think he should be tortured and then hung on national television. Before he's hung, he should be pissed on.
  • Options
    I read about this in the paper, it made me feel literally sick. I can't believe someone would do such a sick thing. Isnt it everyones basic instinct to help someone who has collapsed in front of you? or ring an ambulance or something? even if you are drunk and high. He should have got longer.

I hear about bad things happening to people all the time and don't do jack about it, if I pissed on them though - thaat would be a crime.
  • Options
    So if your mother died in the street and was pissed on before she lost consciousness, and the person who did it only got three years, you'd soon change your tune.

No, I wouldn't.
  • Options
    Tbh I would be stunned if he serves in full a three year jail sentence.

It's disgusting behaviour, completely inhumane... Someone who treats another human being in such a way clearly needs help, he should be indefinitely put in some kind of secure unit and not let out until he shows some remorse and some respect for other people.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »

I agree. He should be in for at least double figures.
  • Options
    That happened ages ago, and rest assured he will have a wonderful time in prison.

The sentence is about as strong as it could have been legally- he didn't kill her, he didn't commit GBH with intent, and not calling an ambulance is not a criminal offence (and nor should it be).

And, foul as this crime was, I don't think it should have the same penalty as plotting terrorism.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    That happened ages ago, and rest assured he will have a wonderful time in prison.

It's a problem though, isn't it? even I who thinks it's not that bad a crime would prefer that whatever 'punishment' was given would result in him having MORE respect for other people, dying or not, and that he would be LESS incliined to reoffend. I think prison will have the opposite effect tbh.
  • Options
    I don't think pond life like that will ever learn respect for others- he wasn't a little kid who didn't know any better.

Breaking the fucker's neck will stop him doing it again, and I wouldn't exactly cry if someone did.
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    I'm just thinking how the 3 cases lately I've all seen compare

8 years in jail for terrorism offenses

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/10/23/europe/EU-GEN-Britain-Terrorism.php

3 Years for Urinating on someone

0 years in Jail for punching and blinding a 96 year old man (three-year supervision order)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7057611.stm

It all seem backwards to me .. :chin:

I think the issue is that NEITHER of your examples got what they REALLY deserve ... a long, long time in jail.

The fact that someone was drunk is NO excuse.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »

Ive been incredibly drunk or stoned many times, ...

Exactly you said it MANY TIMES ... For all we know this guy might not be a regular drinker, etc and his friend's all bought him a drink on his birthday and thus there was a reason he was less in control of his sense then normal?, I'm sure if the same thing happened on a day he wasn't drunk and / or stoned he'd have acted differently .. I'm wondering where his friends where in all of this and how much they egged him on to do it knowing how drunk he was?
  • Options
    Bear in mind this man had a criminal record already, including one conviction for a violent offence. This wasn't just one out of character act under the influence. He deserved his sentence.

The teenager who blinded a pensioner got off too leniently, but he was underage, and it was a first offence. That is no excuse but it might explain the discrepancy in sentences.
  • Options
    hard to say what's an appropriate sentence, obviously the fact the woman was dying makes it seem more vile but did the guy actually know that? you hear stories about young drunk city toffs pissing on bums in street corners on the way home for kicks, i don't see how this is any different? i agree he's no great loss to society behind bars but jail time isn't always the best solution, personally I would've put the fucker in stocks for a week and let passersby piss on him....but hey, I guess that wasn't an option for the judge?
  • Options
    "The fact that Christine was dying makes this man's actions even more sick and inhumane.

No it doesn't. It amazes me the number of people hear who'll succumb to a bit of emotive tabloid bullshit when thinking up with a prison sentence. If it was a pissed man rather than a dieing woman, then it'd probably be a bit of drunken student antics. And like someone has said, how was he to know she was dieing? Some of you are acting like he caused her death. Still pretty sick, and exactly the type of twat I wouldn't mourn the loss of, but not deserving of anywhere near 3 years.
  • Options
    I would have to disagree with you. I think 3 years is a fair sentence for what he did, when you take into account that he already has a criminal record, and take into account the nature of the offense. Plus, he seemed to think it was some kind of excuse that he had been drinking and smoking dope all day. Weeeeeell, last I heard smoking dope was also against the law in the UK, so far from an excuse, its a confession that he committed another crime.
  • Options
    No it doesn't. It amazes me the number of people hear who'll succumb to a bit of emotive tabloid bullshit when thinking up with a prison sentence. If it was a pissed man rather than a dieing woman, then it'd probably be a bit of drunken student antics. And like someone has said, how was he to know she was dieing? Some of you are acting like he caused her death. Still pretty sick, and exactly the type of twat I wouldn't mourn the loss of, but not deserving of anywhere near 3 years.

I agree. His behaviour is still shocking but then it would be shocking if he had pissed on anyone regardless of their mental state. Whatever way you look at it, he's done wrong and should be punished but I'd like to know if he was aware that she was in need of help or if he was just an intoxicated gimp.
  • Options
    Some of you are acting like he caused her death. Still pretty sick, and exactly the type of twat I wouldn't mourn the loss of, but not deserving of anywhere near 3 years.

For me, the fact that she was dying is neither hear nor there, anyone who is prepared to urinate on someone and humiliate someone who is collapsed in the street is someone who is a menace to society and should be put in prison for a very very long time.

People who do that are exactly the sort of people who should be made subject to indeterminate sentences, in my opinion.

And that would go for the City toffs urinating on the homeless, for that matter, but hell will freeze over before they get sent down.
  • Options
    I think it's sad that her last moments/memories of her life are being covered in shaving foam and pissed on in front of a crowd of people filming it.

If it was my mother I'd be happy to serve some time myself to ensure real justice was done
  • Options

I think he should be tortured and then hung on national television. Before he's hung, he should be pissed on.

In my opinion that makes you just as bad as he is. Despite what he did, two wrongs don't make a right.
  • Options
    Personally, I hope that all the inmates in the prison kick the living shit out of him before taking a collective piss on his body. We'll see how much this sub-human scumbag likes his own medicine. The woman in question was dying on the street, and this man made her final minutes in this world even more unbearable than they already would have been.

As for people claiming he was drunk at the time... fair enough, the next time I'm on the piss, I'll go out and stab someone to death. I could come back here and boast about it, and everyone will think it's alright, won't they... oh look, I see a flying pig...
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Personally, I hope that all the inmates in the prison kick the living shit out of him before taking a collective piss on his body. We'll see how much this sub-human scumbag likes his own medicine. The woman in question was dying on the street, and this man made her final minutes in this world even more unbearable than they already would have been.

As for people claiming he was drunk at the time... fair enough, the next time I'm on the piss, I'll go out and stab someone to death. I could come back here and boast about it, and everyone will think it's alright, won't they... oh look, I see a flying pig...

yeah it's so much easier to think of these people as 'sub-human' that way when you hope they get kicked in, it doesn't matter cuz they aren't human right?

stabbing someone to death whilst you are drunk is kinda different to peeing on someone, the man didn't kill her; he urinated on her.

i dont condone his actions at all and think it's a shocking story but they've hardly supplied us with all the facts and find it odd how people call him a monster then think up methods of death whilst sitting safe in the knowledge behind their computer screen that they aren't 'scum'. why not just don the jigsaw face mask and get it over and done with?
  • Options
    It's weird how a crowd gathered and all stood around laughing... do you think they all thought she was homeless and passed out in a doorway? Some people have less/no respect for the homeless and I doubt they knew she was dying. I hope not anyway!
  • Options
    The fucker should be pissed on, kicked in the face and then trew in jail for 10 years...
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    It's weird how a crowd gathered and all stood around laughing... do you think they all thought she was homeless and passed out in a doorway?

Very probably.

The woman in question was also well known in Hartlepool for being someone with severe learning difficulties, and people generally seem to think it's OK to humiliate disabled people.

Anyone stood watching should be kicked shitless too.

Rachael, I'm sure he is a human, I don't think he's sub-human. But I hope to God he gets his face beaten black and blue. I'd even put a few kicks of my own in.