Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Man who urinated on dying woman for YouTube glory jailed

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lipsy wrote: »
    It's weird how a crowd gathered and all stood around laughing... do you think they all thought she was homeless and passed out in a doorway? Some people have less/no respect for the homeless and I doubt they knew she was dying. I hope not anyway!

I think a lot of that is true BUT often when there is a group of people altogether they'll act differently to if they were on their own

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupthink
    DG wrote: »
    I think a lot of that is true BUT often when there is a group of people altogether they'll act differently to if they were on their own

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupthink

From the opening of your quote
    Groupthink is a type of thought exhibited by group members who try to minimize conflict and reach consensus without critically testing, analyzing, and evaluating ideas.

I'm not sure what ideas you need to critically test before realising that pissing on a dying woman is wrong...
    I didn't QUOTE anything I gave a link to a website with further information.

which in turn gives links to even more pages on related topics.
    It's horrible, but three years is too long a sentence in my opinion. It's certainly not the same as stabbing someone, it's heinous in a very different way... not least because the reasoning (or lack thereof) behind the action is totally different. Saying the [supposedly] lenient sentence condones stabbing people to death when drunk is stupid, period.

I watched some twat rub his penis in the face of a passed-out bloke in the Bigg Market in Newcastle a few years back. People do very strange things when they're drunk and trying to "entertain" their braindead, stone-drunk mates. Nobody stopped him either, and plenty of people were standing around watching, if not laughing. It's definitely pack mentality, and possibly a small amount of fear of being pissed on/cock-massaged yourself.

It's dreadful, sickening to hear, but some people are just dreadful and do sickening things. Especially when tanked up....
    briggi wrote: »
    ... I watched some twat rub his penis in the face of a passed-out bloke in the Bigg Market in Newcastle a few years back.... Nobody stopped him either, and plenty of people were standing around watching, ....

Wouldn't yourself be included as well then? or did you phone the police?
    No, I didn't. The manager of KFC called them. Protector of the inebriated and unconscious, if not the protector of chickens. Don't know what happened when they arrived, not the kind of place to hang around rubbernecking, really.

You deduced correctly though, I'm not Good Samaritan enough to stand up to 20 stone bruisers with 15 pints of Stella inside them and a coven of mates cackling behind them.
    This is a tough one, I would think urinating on someone could be considered simple assault. I have no idea what the criminal code mandates for a second time offender who commits assault, what was his first offense for? If his first offense was of a similar nature (violence related) I think 3 years is a fairly appropriate sentence. (although I am thinking community service would be better for reform...but that is a whole other topic! ) Intoxication is never an excuse to commit a crime, so is really a non issue.
    It is rather shocking to know that some people are so depraved they would even consider behaving this way.

The young man who punched the older gentleman, hopefully was forced to make restitution, what does an eye transplant cost? That would be about the right amount he should have to pay the gentleman. Someday, in a perfect world I suppose...sigh.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    As for people claiming he was drunk at the time... fair enough, the next time I'm on the piss, I'll go out and stab someone to death. I could come back here and boast about it, and everyone will think it's alright, won't they... oh look, I see a flying pig...

I can't fault an exact comparison like that.

:rolleyes: