Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So confused in my life

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Man,my heads a mess recently.
I just cant seem to figure anything out or do anything.
My career,I want to kind of join the marines but at the same time dont.Like,today I got home from work and managed to talk myself out of going for a run.If I wanted it that bad Id have gone for it right?
I just dont know what I want at the moment and it feels like Ive got so much I want to do in the evenings and never manage to do any of it!!!
Im feeling kind of frustrated,confused and just generally totally out of my depth with everything.I cant seem to decide what I need to do or want to do.:banghead:
Rant over.
:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    I can relate with you in the sense that I've been there before.

The thing is you should consider all of your options and the benefits and drawbacks of each. Then you pick the one that you want to do the most.

Hope you can find what you want to do. :)
  • Options
    Think less, do more. Do not give yourself a chance to talk yourself out of doing something. Did you have the time? Then just go and do it.

It's mostly about not giving yourself a chance to think about things too much. As soon as you start thinking a certain tendecy to get lazy kicks in.

I almost talked myself out of applying for what I'm doing now, it was too much trouble yada yada blah blah. I ended up just doing it and now I've finally found something I genuinely love to do.

Be a little hard on yourself. Do things and don't think too far ahead, live a little for the moment. Take chances and do stuff during your evenings. You'll feel better afterwards. :)
  • Options
    Yeah,I need to start being hard on myself and pulling my finger out.Maybe making a list of what I want to do each day and cross it off when its done.
    I need an action plan at the moment I think.
    I want to do so much at once!!!:banghead:
    :D
    Cheers for the replies.
  • Options
    Start setting yourself targets of what you want to acheive and when.

It might help if you right it down, it will also help you to see more clearly what you have and havent achieved.

• Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Start setting yourself targets of what you want to acheive and when.

It might help if you write it down, it will also help you to see more clearly what you have and havent achieved.

best advice you will get tbh, i didn't have much of a clue about anything until about 2 years ago when I wrote everything down, it's been a crazy trip since...the only thing stopping you doing anything in life is yourself, so get on with it :) i'd say looking at your goals regularly and reading about success and successful people will also help a lot.
  • Options
    Try maing a list of what you want t do in the venings, then make yourself a timetytable and divide the activities into the free time slots, make sure you get at least 7 hours of sleep a night and that you have a regular routine that will help your mind clear a little,
  • Options
    Yeah,Im gonna start listing things that I want to do and cross them off as I get them done.:thumb:
    I think for some reason instead of me doing things,taking action and getting what I want done Ive been sitting around too much waiting for it to happen for me,so my own inaction is whats holding me back and frustrating me.............especially with the girls at the moment!!!:eek2:
    :D
    Cheers for the help.
  • Options
    I don't have a solution, or advice about current situations.
    All I can say, with experience (don't know if I can call it wisdom), that things just work out. Things seem hopeless, or pointless. Maybe they are, maybe they're not. But the thing isn't just to give up. Keep going. Keep yourself going. Get through it. Somehow. You'll never know how things could/would turn out if you don't keep on going.
    To the main point of what I have to say - Things just work out. Maybe not in the short term, but they do in the long term. Time will show you, but you have to give things time. In time things that worry you know will seem trivial, and one day you'll realise there are bigger and more important things to worry about, and it'll surprise you about what they will be. But just trust me, have faith, hang in there, keep on going, and in a decade's time you'll wonder what the fuss was about.
  • Options
    hey sorry to hear your going through a rough patch...we all seem to have days, weeks or even months like that. It doesn't help much now that winter is here, I always feel yucky this time of year. If your thinking about silly things least you know theer is nothing really serious to worry about a bit like 'wobble' said! Try and have a few early nights, relaxing baths and hot cocoa before bed works very well! Take care Devil