Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anyone ever done this...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ricardo R wrote: »
    Like my first girlfriend I was too embarrassed to ever take out with my business clients in case she acted weird or blurt out something offensive, my current gf my clients find an absolute pleasure to be in her company which rubs off well on me.

You didn't mention that before, you just said it was based on looks and now you're saying that its because of their personalities. Make up your mind
  • Options
    Well, before I got round to doing anything, she sent me a text message saying "Well you gave me your number, so thought you'd better have mine, just incase you need or want to contact me when I'm outside of work sometime". Haha, could she make it any more obvious?! It's nice to be chased rather than vice versa for once! We're going out saturday night btw...
  • Options
    Do you guys never tire of bashing Ricardo?

--
    I'll admit I've thought 'gee, x deserves better' when I first see friends with new bfs/gfs. However in the end I usually don't care as long as they're both happy and doing things they enjoy. Especially after I get to know them better.
    I don't need to live with them so it doesn't affect me and because my friends won't live with my non-existant-bf I'm not that fussed if he won't meet their standards as long as he's meeting mine.

Life's short, go for what you want and then see how goes. :) Nothing ventured nothing gained.
  • Options
    Well, before I got round to doing anything, she sent me a text message saying "Well you gave me your number, so thought you'd better have mine, just incase you need or want to contact me when I'm outside of work sometime". Haha, could she make it any more obvious?! It's nice to be chased rather than vice versa for once! We're going out saturday night btw...

Great news! Congratulations, go there and enjoy yourself. :)
  • Options
    Ricardo R wrote: »
    Yeah lol absolutely!! At uni there was a social group of proper alpha male/females - public school rugby boys, absolutely stunning girls, I didn't quite fit in there and am in a slightly less attractive group of people. Welcome to the real world...

It's often better to be in the social group just below this - the ones who don't play rugby or have 'jock' status but are actually normal human beings - then the slightly less twattish rugby boys and netball girls are happy to hang out with you, likewise the more confident people from the social status below... and you actually end up being more popular than the rugby boys, somehow (because you're not acting like an arrogant dick perhaps).
  • Options

thats excellent! and its great that it wasn't what you first thought it was aswell! good luck!
  • Options
    We're going out saturday night btw...

:thumb:
  • Options
    Just an update. We went out saturday night and had a great night. We just clicked so easily and both said we'd never been on a 1st date like it. It's been so long, I'd forgot how good all this feels. Really was awesome. Thankyou to everyone who persuaded me to do it... :thumb:
  • Options
    Just an update. We went out saturday night and had a great night. We just clicked so easily and both said we'd never been on a 1st date like it. It's been so long, I'd forgot how good all this feels. Really was awesome. Thankyou to everyone who persuaded me to do it... :thumb:

:hyper: Nice one, pleased it all went well.

You seeing her again ?
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    :hyper: Nice one, pleased it all went well.

You seeing her again ?

You Bet! Her exact words were "Your stuck with me now mate"! :D
  • Options
    Aw, sweet :D
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Aw, sweet :D

;)

I'm such a panic though. I'm actually more petrified now than before the date though. Before we went out, I had nothing to lose, but seeing as it went so well, I really don't want to fuck it up now like my previous track record. I'm just trying so hard not to fall too deep or get ahead of myself because from experience I know you ladies are just so unpredictable! I mean, there are no signs that I should be worrying, but I'm just a worryer by nature! :nervous: :)
  • Options
    well if she said you are stuck with her i imagine you would have to try pretty hard to stuff this up. Just keep thinking that it was her who asked you out so you must be pretty special! :)