Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Room 101

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    condesending people.
    arrogant people.
    Vain people.
    selfishness.
    cold callers.
    stepping in dog shit
    post people who knock on the door so loud you think the police are kicking your door in.
    Cliques.
  • Options
    People setting off fireworks early for the last week every night right outside our house.
  • Options
    Mel Gibson!!!!!!!

I hate him so much. Every film he has ever been in is crap, and he is rubbish as a person too. He should be slapped with an ASBO that prevents him from coming within a mile of any movie set.
  • Options
    People who perhaps get overly upset / frustrated about things (see, umm, most of the above posts.)

I guess I have a few years on most of you, and have become worn down / worn out, and now just accept most of the 'really annoying' things mentioned, but do take your collective points.

Just watch, it'll happen to you all before you realise.... The alternative is you become grumpy old men / women. Neither choice is great !
  • Options
    people who cant spell to save their life.
    I know im just horribly judgemental and they could be dyslexic, and odd spelling mistakes dont bother me a jot, but theres a site I go to and theres a couple of people on there who spell totally phonetically and fucking hell it annoys me. I cant answer their posts because of it. I just cant bring myself to.
  • Options
    ^^ Is it dailysex.co.uk the dyslexia website :D
  • Options
    yes, i really should stop torturing myself
  • Options
    Students who walk into your kitchen after a night out all friendly like, steal your food / booze and pee off, never to be seen again. How is it that after nights out you pick up random people from other blocks? :s
  • Options
    kate- wrote: »
    Haha :hyper: Kate Tv loving it :thumb:

:D it's such a good idea and such a good name
  • Options
    cheeta wrote: »
    Mel Gibson!!!!!!!

I hate him so much. Every film he has ever been in is crap

:eek: Even Braveheart?
  • Options
    it irritates me when i tell my mum something/ she asks a question and i answer her - only for her to forget about it almost instantaneously. so when i bring up the subject later on, she'll have forgotten all about it, and question me aaall over again. grr listen woman!!!

when i tell my sisters pointedly not to do something - and then the minute ive turned my back on them or gone elsewhere they will have done it anyway just to piss me off

when my drunken mates decide to bash on my door at god knows when in the morning, with the excuse that their house is too far away - when in reality its only 2 extra minutes down the road and they just wanted to wake me up on purpose to see me annoyed

when people with flyers/petitions/questionairres stop me on the street. its as if i have a big sign on my head saying 'pushover'. they head straight for me!!! i cant help it if i cant say no!!!

when my dog howls at nothing. seriously! there is NOONE THERE! stop bloody howling!! he can go on for hours if he wants to

when people cross the street infront of me without looking. serves u right if i run u over u eedjits!
  • Options
    people who cant spell to save their life.
    I know im just horribly judgemental and they could be dyslexic, and odd spelling mistakes dont bother me a jot, but theres a site I go to and theres a couple of people on there who spell totally phonetically and fucking hell it annoys me. I cant answer their posts because of it. I just cant bring myself to.

You mean text talk? I tend to avoid replying to people who write in text speak. Oddily enough, on a few forums I post on, there's a rule about and people still use it. Yet, on another one I post on, there's no rule about it and no-one uses it.:chin:
  • Options
    no not text talk, although that nooys me a bit. Just generally REALLY bad spelling
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    :eek: Even Braveheart?

Braveheart would have been great without Mel Gibson. Unfortunately, having to sit through a film with him in it ruined the experience for me.
  • Options
    People who presume that just becauase I'm 18 and don't drink I'm boring.
  • Options
    Reality... most of the time.
  • Options
    Text speak, people who cant string together sentances and paragraphs when they write, I wont read it if its a 200+ block of words.
    Gum chewers, you sound and look like a cow ffs.
    People who say "yeah" when they want you to agree with them.
    My line manager for not shutting up the whole entire day and then wonders why she doesnt get any work done.
  • Options
    I thoroughly dislike:

> Drunken arseholes who come onto buses and threaten to kill everyone, and then hurl abuse at every possible ethnic group

> Feeling tense when gangs walk up behind me!

> Loan adverts on the tele

> People who judge before then they know the whole story.

> The fat content in luscious mince pies..

> Rain, on a day when rain REALLY isn't desired!

> Not having enough hours in the day

> Having to work really hard to achieve high grades.

> The future prospect of life-long debt.

> Extorinate flat/house prices.

> My siblings when they argue
  • Options
    People who talk in films.
    People who decide opening a bag of Mccoys during a film as loud as possible is a good idea.
    People who throw a temper tantrum over getting a spec of mud on their white trainers.
  • Options
    Bono, Bob Geldof, Phil Collins and all of the other self-righteous twats. We get the message. There's poverty in Africa. Now leave me alone and I might give you some money when i've stopped being annoyed with your crap music.

Next - people who make stupid noises in the cinema. It's not clever, it's not funny, you just look like a dick.

Bus drivers in general - particularly the way they manage to treat you like vermin because you're unsure of something. I've never been to this city before, how the fuck am I supposed to know how much the bus costs, or that you've got to have the exact fare because you don't carry change?

Anyone who's famous purely for being famous. This includes anyone who has ever appeared on Big Brother, WAGs and anyone who is willing to get their breasts out for everyone to gawp at.

When my parents insist on leaving the stupid paper thing on top of the spread once they've opened it.

ANYONE who uses the same knife they've used in the spread to get out the marmalade. ESPECIALLY if they scrape off the excess on the side of the marmalade jar and leave bits of toast and spread there too.

Any advert offering to consolidate your existing debt into one single manageable monthly repayment. Particularly the latest ones offering to use 'a little known piece of government legislation to write-off your debt'. No, don't worry, it's okay to spend miles more than you earn - once it all becomes too much, we can just bail you out by saying you don't have to pay it back anymore - meaning that the banking sector loses money and has to increase their interest rates to recoup the losses, meaning that those of us who CAN budget are penalised.

Cliquey arty groups in general. You're not being expressive, you just look like a tramp.

Actually, anyone who follows a clique. Particularly people who try and be 'original' by doing exactly the same as everyone else that's 'original' does. Why not try something truly distinct for once?

When shop assistants apologise for them fucking something up, and I know what they're really thinking is 'fuck off and leave me alone so I can get on with trying to have it off with Nicole in the stockroom'. Seriously, if you don't mean it, don't say it. I really hate platitudes.

Non-afro-carribbean-americans trying to talk 'gangster'. Or 'ja-fakin' as I like to call it. Incidentally, why can't people be happy with their own culture, rather than trying to assimilate that of others?

People who don't realise that rather than staring into space while their goods are being scanned at the till, they might try packing some of it. Or getting out their money. Rather than rummaging around at the end and making my day more stressful.

Charity workers in town centres. Yes, I know if I had one less beer a week I could give the money to Amnesty International - but I can usually raise £700 for charity in one day's effort BY MYSELF and i'd rather volunteer to do that.

Anyone who thinks 'The Fast and The Furious' or any associated films were good, by any stretch of the imagination.

Crap television. Especially I'm A Celebrity, Pop Idol, Big Brother, The X Factor, etc.... I might allow Strictly Come Dancing some houseroom though.

Anyone who excuses being a depressed, angsty, suicidal emotional twat by being 'emo'. You're not emo, you're mentally ill. Get help.

People who write with text talk ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Especially on Facebook, on MSN, on emails, on messageboards.

People who use any of the following qualifiers:
    - At the end of the day...
    - In terms of...
    - To be honest...
    - Basically...
    - For all intents and purposes...

Oh, and anyone who uses 'the whole' in a sentence. As an example, a text from someone who considers me a friend and doesn't get the 'fuck off, I don't care' message.
    "least t wil b obv whose stealn n i luv my flatmates minus the whle no guys bk after ten n the whole sit any guy rnd the table 2 find out hs intentions with me"
    I mean, really... What does 'the whole' mean? Is it necessary? That's American teen movies bastardising our language again.
  • Options
    Wow. 53 responses and not one of them with the word "Stargalaxy" in it. This has got to be a record.

I want to put kittens into Room 101. I live with one, and he's an annoying little... hang on, excuse me a second...

"STOP EATING THE FUCKING LAPTOP CABLE, YOU STUPID FUCKING CAT!"

Anyway, as I was saying, he's an annoying little bastard.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    People who say they'll never fly with us again because we have an air traffic control restriction - seriously, its like saying you'll never drive your car again because you got stuck in a traffic jam :rolleyes:

Reminds me of another one:
    People who complain loudly at the staff when there's delays on the Tube because of passenger action. Seriously, is it LU's fault when someone decides to throw themselves under a train? What are they supposed to do with the dead guy, scrape his remains off the track with a dustpan and brush and resume normal service?!?

People on the tube who put their bag on the chair next to them during the rush hour and then sit there looking stupid when people obviously want to sit down. It must be so hard for their bags, being carried around all day, they just have to sit down - perhaps they could sit on the floor, or the lap of their owner?!?
  • Options
    The sound of the water feature at work. I had to sit there for 9 hours a day with the sound of a furious waterfall 50 cm away from me. It made me need the loo. I've since located the plug, and pulled it out.

People who ring up and mumble their name, and then get annoyed when I ask them to repeat it.

Synthetic air fresheners, especially the plug in ones.

Dry ice in night clubs.

Scented toilet paper.

Shops that only sell cheap nasty white sliced bread, which costs about £1.40for a loaf.

People who moan and bitch to me when I'm at job number 2 about not being allowed passouts for smoking. As if I, personally, make all the rules and have made that one up just to spite them and spoil their evening.

Going on the Metro and the electronic woman reading out all the stops. Yes I know we're at Bilston, don't need it blasted down my ear hole.

Stupid announcements over the tannoy at the bus station, REALLY LOUD, which say: "hey you, you with the mobile phone. stop flashing it around, that guy looks interested in it. WEST MIDLANDS POLICE advice blah blah blah". It makes me jump out of skin every time it comes on, I wasn't bloody FLASHING my phone around, I was MAKING A CALL, and a stupid tannoy recording is going to make no difference at all, why not get some actual security there?

He, that felt good.
  • Options
    People who use any of the following qualifiers:
    - At the end of the day...
    - In terms of...
    - To be honest...
    - Basically...
    - For all intents and purposes

Oh hell yes and being an English Lit student I have another to add to the list........'In a sense' GAHHHHHH
  • Options
    People who don't realise that rather than staring into space while their goods are being scanned at the till, they might try packing some of it. Or getting out their money. Rather than rummaging around at the end and making my day more stressful.

God, yes. They're on my list too. Stupid bastards.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »

People who complain/mention/talk about them not having any money ALL THE TIME. Newsflash: get a job!

Oh on that note, I hate people that all they talk about is money and howmuch things cost (unless its a good deal, cuz those are always good to hear about) and how much they spend and all that bullshit :\ *cue boyfriends evil terrible horrible excuse of a human mother*