Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How / Where did you parents meet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know all the details but I think they met when my dad moved and they became nearby neighbours.

Comments

• Options
    My mum and dad met at Reading uni, within 18 months my mum was pregnant with me!
  • Options
    Some party in London I think.
  • Options
    Mum met my dad when she was 16, just moved to London and left drunk in the middle of a place she didn't know by her so called new mates.
    He rescued her but then he turned out to be a user too.....atleast she got me though :D
  • Options
    My mum was 14 when she met my dad who was 15. They just knew each other through the local kids/streets where they hung out. They got married at 18/19 and are still together 40 years later!
  • Options
    they both worked for the same company i think but different branches, her in colchester and him in glasgow and had to talk on th phone a few times, then started a phone romance, and eventually met up
  • Options
    they both worked for the same company i think but different branches, her in colchester and him in glasgow and had to talk on th phone a few times, then started a phone romance, and eventually met up

Oh I know a couple who started off the same way on the phone - but where in two totally different countries. The girl was Italian and has a seriously hot voice!!
  • Options
    my mum's dad and dad's dad were mates I think. 25 years in October :)
  • Options
    They both used to go ballroom dancing at the same place and my dad asked her to dance one night.
  • Options
    At uni in Newcastle.

Not entirely sure why my dad was still there, though, as he's five years older than my mum. Slacker.
  • Options
    They lived across the road from each other.
  • Options
    My mum was going out with my Dad's best mates twin brother. From there I don't know what happened, but it was 30 years ago now!
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    My mum was going out with my Dad's best mates twin brother. From there I don't know what happened, but it was 30 years ago now!

Thats swingers parties for you :D
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Thats swingers parties for you :D

See I would laugh but thats entirely possible knowing them, though I'm sure 15 year olds at a swingers party would be a odd sight! :)
  • Options
    In a pub I think when they were both around my age 17/18. I know they got married on Bonfire Night then split up like ten years later. They went well together while it lasted though I think just they both had irrational tempers.
  • Options
    I think they met when they were working at Legal & General. I think.

My mum met my stepdad when they were both guides on AOL, and my dad met my stepmum because she was his boss' secretary.
  • Options
    My dad was one of my mam's brother's friends. My dad is 7 years older than my mam.
  • Options
    At University in Belfast in 1968. Almost 40 years ago... :crazyeyes
  • Options
    They used to work for the same travel agency, although my mum was based in one place and my dad worked all over sussex and beyond. I dont think they got together until my mum left to start her nursing training though. Still together after 30 years.
  • Options
    Through a Communist club at college.

No, really. :eek2:
  • Options
    not my parents, because theres was a boring set-up type thing by (still) neighbour who lived next door to my mum (and still does) and was mates with my dad through work. or something like that.

anyway, i digress. my mates parents met in a bizarre fashion. they worked at the same company, different branches, where there were two people working with the same name as the man. basically, the woman rang the wrong bloke, got chatting ended up marrying him.
  • Options
    They lived in nearby villages, though there's 4 years between my mum and dad and they knew each other from when my mama was 12 ish I think. Started going out when my mum was 14 I believe and have been together ever since. Aw. Innit.
  • Options
    My mum and dad met at church when my dad moved to my mums town.

They split up 5 years ago.
  • Options
    I used to say they met in a bus stop, but I think my young mind just made it uup because I ddon't/didn't know. I can't imagine my parents being at any of the same places events, they'd be unlikely to meet now.
  • Options
    The boring version is that they met at Uni.

The interesting version is that two men were having a fight over my mum in a nightclub and one of my dads friends was friends with my mum, and was trying to comfort her :)
  • Options
    I forgot to say earlier, my Dad and Stepmum met at Butlins.
  • Options
    I think dad asked mum out at a party, but I think they knew each other before that.
  • Options
    In a pub when they were 16 or so. Lived nearish enough to each other at that time anyway.
  • Options
    In a bar that was attached to a tennis club (for Mum) and a cricket club (for Dad). Alcohol works, they're still together over 30 years later!

And my other parents met at my dad's school disco when they were about 15 - cheesy, I know. No wonder it didnt work out! lol
  • Options
    My mum's brother dragged her along to one random party and my dad was playing bass in the band playing. They didnt see each other again for months until my mum gatecrashed the wrong party and met him there.
    They're still together about 20 odd years later- despite he cheated on her twice and got his ex pregnant both times. Ahh, i love my parents- makes me beleive in strong love! :)