Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

are humans really THAT special

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    and to aladdin, the quakers have put a series of quotes from things they read on the tube as adverts

one of them was along the lines of "make use of the world but don't pillage it, and respect the lords creation" which for a religious statement, summarised by me isn't THAT bad and is

my personal favourite is 'be adventerous'
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    dmdsexgod wrote: »
    no they are not. we must use animals for reasearch to find cures for humans. animals do not have hospitals, labs, houses, schools, jobs, if they are so smart why dont they even have a military or a parliament?

:lol:

Best post ever! :D
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    most animals leech to some extent, so do things like funguses

the only limit is their environment and predators really

that's why there's so many rats out there

Humanity has actually affected the Rat population more than anything. Our choice to live in our own squalor in an area where we don't let predators (We can't really have dangerous animals roaming the streets, can we? Not that they would want to. Although my cat seems determined to erradicate mice entirley by himself.) roam freely, creates a perfect rat environment.

And as for animals not conciously living in harmony, yes, i know this. But the fact is, they do. At one point, humanity decided not to live from what was provided, but to take it one step furthur, to manipulate the world around itself, and to take all we wanted. And to turn it into other things. Animals take and use what they need to survive, then sit about being lazy the rest of the time. We don't. We take more, out of greed.

As for destroying life, no, it isn't the end of civilization, or the end of humanity, we will kill all life. How many species can survive unbreateable air, or digest polluted food, or drink polluted water, and filter it out? Not many. Nuclear War isn't the only thing that will do this, that is unlikley to ever happen, let's face it. If it does, game over, no more world. But if we don't change our ways soon, the world will end by itself. The quality of air is deteriorating. And it won't stop until we stop poluting it. Or at least start cutting down. The oceans are fucking up. As are most things. We won't just have an ice age, anyway. Huminty could EASILY survive that. It'd be like an ice age, x10, world over. Followed by anything that survived it catching fire.

We've thrown our planet out of sync. Time to cut down on pollution and build arcologies, kids. We've out achieved the animals, doubtlessly, but we now ahve ourselves in a bad situation. Prepare now. Butthe chances of governments doing that, are just a little slim.