Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

4 Year Old Hoodie

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you think - going a bit to far? :chin:

.. I think so

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6983288.stm

A four-year-old girl was asked to take down the hood of her cardigan while visiting a seaside amusement arcade.

_44102269_karen_300.jpg

Comments

• Options
    why would it be anyones business if someone else (of any age) wants to wear a hood in public?
  • Options
    Just look at the snarl on her face and trying to 'camoflague' herself in cute pastels to try and look like other 4 year olds! She is obviously one of the biggest crack dealers around Rhyl. Although she rarely does the dirty work herself, she gets one of her bitches to do the dealing behind the Postman Pat ride. :D
  • Options
    What's the stupid woman complaining about? The worker was a bit zealous but he was polite and pleasant, so she tore him a new one.

The thing that annoys me even more about this story is that the "cost effective" BBC sent a reporter to her house to get the story. What a waste of bandwidth.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    "He said if it makes you happy put the hood back, she's only a little child. Let common sense prevail", said Mr Harker snr.
    So using common sense is a favour now?

Policy or not policy, those people were simply stupid. Although I did hear a story about a 6-year-old using a knife to rob a shop last year...
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    What's the stupid woman complaining about? The worker was a bit zealous but he was polite and pleasant, so she tore him a new one.

The thing that annoys me even more about this story is that the "cost effective" BBC sent a reporter to her house to get the story. What a waste of bandwidth.

I agree with that tbh.
    Id probably be completely :eek2: :crazyeyes in a "laugh about it" kind of way if someone asked me to take my kids hood off, but its hardly newsworthy and the woman didnt need to go mental
  • Options
    lucky she wasnt arrested under the terrorism act!
  • Options
    Its young hooligans like her, that ASBO's were created for.

She might look all cute and innocent in that picture, but you don't know how menacing and vulgar she is off camera.

:D

I do think this 'hoodie ban' should only be implement in the Bluewater Shopping Center, its just chav heaven there. It seem Bluewater is the chav equivalent of Mecca. :p
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »

As the mother of this darling 4 yearold.
    One Im not a stupid woman!!

The Cost effective "bbc" did not send a reporter around, the photograph that was sent was one I took of my daughter, and the story they used was what had appeared in the Daily Post _ North wales paper!
    x
  • Options
    oooh youre a celebrity!!
  • Options
    Clearly she's hiding a bottle of Absinthe in that bag though ;)

Hmm, assuming that you are indeed the mother of this little girl the maybe you aren't stupid but IMHO you need to get a sense of proportion. And I'd apply that to both sides in this little scenario.

Sure, it's a bit obvious that a four year old who is behaving should not be subject to a "hoodie ban".

However, I got the impression from the Five Live interview I heard the other day that the arcade was polite when they asked her to remove her hood. I'm not even sure that I would class that as unreasonable, just unnecessary.

Your reaction though kind of "justifies" their approach. Why cause a scene? Was the child hurt, affected in anyway. From the interview I got the impression that she had carried on playing the 2p machines quite happily...

So, the story here isn't "Four year old asked not to have hood up", but "Mother over reacts to request that child.."

The words "Mountain" and "Molehill" spring to mind.
  • Options

Ooooh! You must have found this topic on TheSite via Googling your incident details?

While I agree that this was somewhat over the top, was all the aggro worth it? I would have just said "Put your hood down for the nice man, dear".
  • Options
    Your reaction though kind of "justifies" their approach. Why cause a scene? Was the child hurt, affected in anyway. From the interview I got the impression that she had carried on playing the 2p machines quite happily...

So, the story here isn't "Four year old asked not to have hood up", but "Mother over reacts to request that child.."

The words "Mountain" and "Molehill" spring to mind.

:yes:
  • Options
    why would it be anyones business if someone else (of any age) wants to wear a hood in public?
    she wasn't in public she was in an arcade and it's for the same reason you'd be asked to remove a motor cycle helmet so that you are visible to the CCTV cameras for security.

IMO the kid shouldn't have been wearing her hood indoors anyway, it's rude to wear hoods/hats/helmets indoors, what happened to manners?
  • Options
    and bad luck!
    or is that just umbrellas?

my nana always told me to take my coat off when i was inside or i wouldnt appreciate it later. (useless info)
  • Options
    Yep, been there Suzy.

And yes, a hat on indoors is bad luck, just not sure if it applies to hoods though.
  • Options
    and bad luck!
    or is that just umbrellas?

my nana always told me to take my coat off when i was inside or i wouldnt appreciate it later. (useless info)
    you won't feel the benifit!

How many times did I hear theat when I was a kid!
  • Options

Right.

Was the employee abusive to you? No?
    Did the employee back down? Yes?

So what on earth was the problem?

I suppose you got your mush in the newspaper, which I'm sure wasn't your intention at all when you went squealing off to the papers...

As MoK said, the news story really was "woman kicks up huge stink about nothing and gets her mug in the papers".
  • Options

Always got told that by the teachers in secondary school...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Always got told that by the teachers in secondary school...

They weren't concerned with your body temperature, there concern was the guns and knives the students had under their jackets. :thumb:
  • Options
    wow

yah that is a BIT too far