Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

hair change....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so this is my hair now.....

DSC00129.jpg

i've been growing it for a long time but now im bored of it! its lovely and soft and in a good condition and i dont want to change the actual colour.

do you think this will suit me?

hair.jpg

i just want a change and i've never had my hair like that before! do you think it will be easy to manage?

Comments

• Options
    ok so this is my hair now.....

DSC00129.jpg

i've been growing it for a long time but now im bored of it! its lovely and soft and in a good condition and i dont want to change the actual colour.

do you think this will suit me?

hair.jpg

i just want a change and i've never had my hair like that before! do you think it will be easy to manage?
    Don't think it'd look as funky blonde to be honest hun.
  • Options
    GhostGirl wrote: »
    Don't think it'd look as funky blonde to be honest hun.

I dunno i think choppy blonde bobs look good, sometimes i think light blonde hair short can look more striking. Like when whatsherface from girls aloud had hers cut short.
  • Options
    i know it sounds weird, but i think it depends on your style

I LOVE luciana's hair, BUT i know i wouldnt suit it as i'm more of a girly, preppy girl, than a punk rocker

do u get my drift?x
  • Options
    I think you'd look lovely with darker hair but same hair cut
  • Options
    I cut my hair off to about the same length a couple on months ago and I really regretted it!!! So think really carefully about it.
    I like the haircut but I think shorter hair takes more work. For example, before if I couldn't be bothered doing anything with my hair after I washed it I could just scrunch it and it would curl and look alright but now if I leave it, it just goes into a big boff!! :)
  • Options
    why don't you just try doing some different hair styles like having waves or loose curls
  • Options
    i think ur hair looks cute in your av
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    I LOVE luciana's hair, BUT i know i wouldnt suit it as i'm more of a girly, preppy girl, than a punk rocker

lol, i read that as lucinda there and got all excited. :lol:

and i'm with the thinking it might look better darker in that style. :)
  • Options
    im thinking of having it in the new style, realy dark brown with red through. i've had it dark before and it looked nice.

i dont want long hair anymore!
  • Options
    Do it reeeeeeeeed! Get a box of Herbal Essences Radiant Ruby and your hair will turn this colour.

Apologies for this vainglorious pic BUT! Your hair will look this red, as my hair was your colour when I dyed mine.

4q37bc4.jpg
  • Options
    i want it dark dark brown with red through the top and a block of red under the fringe

i am just sooo fed up of long hair, i know i can wave it, curl it etc etc but its just boring now!
  • Options
    also...if its short i should just be able to put mouse through it, scrunch it and leave it shouldnt i?
  • Options
    also...if its short i should just be able to put mouse through it, scrunch it and leave it shouldnt i?

I always think shorter hair is harder to upkeep as you usually have to style it in some way everyday, where as with long hair you can just tie it up.

However, I think that cut looks really cool and see no reason why it wouldn't suit you! It's nice to go for a change.
  • Options
    I always think shorter hair is harder to upkeep as you usually have to style it in some way everyday, where as with long hair you can just tie it up.

i have to sort my hair our everyday, i can never just tie it up as its so hard to manage! i'm so fed up of straightening it and if it is short im hoping i can literally scrunch it and go!
  • Options
    Is your hair natually quite straight? Alternatively, do you own good straighteners? If the answer to either of these is yes, I think you'll be fine. People see short hair as being low maintenance. It isn't. If you are having a bad hair day with long hair, you can just tie it back. With short hair it dooms you to looking stupid all day.

I think that style would suit you, but it might look nicer if it were a little bit longer, but then with short layers. Do what I do - photoshop the style you like onto a picture of your face and see what works!
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Is your hair natually quite straight? Alternatively, do you own good straighteners?

my hair is wavy but i have GHD's which work like magic on my hair!

i'm definitly going to get it done...if i hate it....it will grow!
  • Options
    i have to sort my hair our everyday, i can never just tie it up as its so hard to manage! i'm so fed up of straightening it and if it is short im hoping i can literally scrunch it and go!

I think it just depends on your hair type, mine's wavvy/curly so I know if it was short and I left it, it would just curl under and flick out in all the wrong places! But if you think it'l work for yours go for it! I feel your pain on the whole straightening your hair to keep it half manageable :(
  • Options
    I feel your pain on the whole straightening your hair to keep it half manageable :(

if i just let it dry it ends up like a serious birds nest! and i cant even get a brush through it lol! so i always have to sort it out so if its short atleast it'll be easier to sort out!
  • Options
    if i just let it dry it ends up like a serious birds nest! and i cant even get a brush through it lol! so i always have to sort it out so if its short atleast it'll be easier to sort out!

That's true. You'll have to post a pic when you've got it done :thumb:
  • Options
    Hiya

I think it would look nice, but, your hair looks just as nice at the moment.

If you did cut it, I would suggest maybe getting a few highlights to give it the extra edge that the hairstyle would demand.

Also if you're unsure how things would look, have you tried using some of the online makeover programs? If you get a clear head-on picture of yourself, you can use them to get a rough idea of what looks good both style & colour.

Virtual Makeover is one, I think, but just do a Google search for virtual hair makeover.

-Jess-
  • Options
    i want it dark dark brown with red through the top and a block of red under the fringe

That sounds quite cool, if you have ahd it dark before and it suited you there's no reason why it wouldn't again.
  • Options
    i did it!!!

i got red put through and a warm brown all over....i love it! its so short at the back and sooo nice!
  • Options
    It looks lovely, and the colour really brings out the blue in your eyes!
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    It looks lovely, and the colour really brings out the blue in your eyes!

thank you :D thats what the lady who did it said!

i love it so much, its such a change!
  • Options
    i did it!!!

i got red put through and a warm brown all over....i love it! its so short at the back and sooo nice!

Looks great! I like it, looks more choppy and cool. Good move :thumb:
  • Options
    i did it!!!

wow yeah good move, you look really striking
  • Options
    Good god, how brave are you? I have to mull a potential hair change over for ages :lol:

Looks nice. The new colour really suits you and I second the eye comment :thumb:
  • Options
    :yes: to the rest. Looks real good.
  • Options
    You look VERY adorable with that style and colour :p Like it!
  • Options
    Wow, thats looks amazing! the colour really suits and looks natural too! It makes you look slightly older than with your long blonde hair too. Very nice :)