Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

England V Germany

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Will it be another 5-1? I doubt it...

Germany are looking quite a strong team at the moment, although Ballack will be out for this game through injury I believe...

What do you people think of McLaren's squad? Hargreaves is injured which is shit, although I'm glad he's included Alan Smith, hopefully he'll play some of the game.
Interesting that he's brought Sol Campbell back aswell.

This is hard for me, as I've always had a soft spot for German international football, having German blood and spending alot of time over there with friends and family... however, I'm still English.

If this was being played in Munich, I reckon Germany would be the winners, but it's being played Wembly so I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Discuss...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    1-1 snore draw.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Will it be another 5-1?

Yeah but probably to Germany.

I'm with Kermit on this one. Probably either 1-1 or more likely a 0-0 and McClown will go on and on about the positives that he can draw from the result despite the team not showing half the desire or guts that you'd get if you threw on a team made up entirely of players from League 1. It's all following an increasingly disturbing pattern.
  • Options
    I'd rather of seen the u21's play than the full team, at least in the Euro's they showed some passion which is what the first team lacks.
  • Options
    Man City doing well combined with McLaren doing crap is making Sven look like a managerial genius at the moment. The bloke doesn't have a clue. I reckon we should line up like this:

James

Brown---Terry---Richards---A.Cole

SWP----Lampard--Carrick---Barry

Bent---Johnson

As for Germany, as long as Jens Lehmann's in goal I don't mind. :lol:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    1-1 snore draw.

I agree.
  • Options

As for Germany, as long as Jens Lehmann's in goal I don't mind. :lol:

:lol:
    I feel sorry for Lehmann, he is a good keeper, but he has made some seriously bad and unforgivable fuck ups in the last week.

BRING BACK OLIVER KHAN!! He's still kicking ass for Bayern Munich.

Torsten Frings and Borowski (Ballack's replacement man) are also absent from Germany's squad, along with striker Lukas Podolski who won German player of the year. So Germany aren't playing their best side either. Should be interesting.
  • Options
    :lol:
    I feel sorry for Lehmann, he is a good keeper, but he has made some seriously bad and unforgivable fuck ups in the last week.

BRING BACK OLIVER KHAN!! He's still kicking ass for Bayern Munich.

Torsten Frings and Borowski (Ballack's replacement man) are also absent from Germany's squad, along with striker Lukas Podolski who won German player of the year. So Germany aren't playing their best side either. Should be interesting.

Ive not seen him on TV, but in Football Manager Podolski is really really good. :p As for the game I dont really care....Wales v Bulgaria anyone? :thumb:
  • Options
    I had a version of Championship Manager where Titus Bramble was a good defender though.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Ive not seen him on TV, but in Football Manager Podolski is really really good. :p As for the game I dont really care....Wales v Bulgaria anyone? :thumb:

Yeah Podolski has been stunning both for Bayern Munich and his country, so it's good for England that he's out.
    Germany will be playing Miro Klose up front still and Bayern's Schweinsteiger will do some damage down the right wing. Germany's defence is also looking pretty solid aswell with Lahm, Mertsesacker, Metzelder (who has been signed to Real Madrid) and Jansen.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    1-1 snore draw.

That good?

Germany win, for sure.
  • Options
    Germany will be playing Miro Klose up front still and Bayern's Schweinsteiger will do some damage down the right wing.

Doubt it, both are reported to be out...
  • Options
    England 1-0 Win.
  • Options
    Germany are waaaay better than the Nigels at the moment, but England will probably be more arsed about it so fuck knows.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Germany win. Without a doubt.

Particularly as there will be no Hargreaves, Bent, Campbell, Gerrard ...

Not looking good for McClaren, tbh.
  • Options
    If I was an England fan I'd be praying for a 5-1 scoreline. If England took a drubbing like that, McClaren would probably be sacked. Happy days.
  • Options
    McClaren needs to go asap, he can't get a team of world class players to even play half decent football ffs, without the likes of hargreaves, gerrard, rooney and owen i think they will be lucky to get a draw, 2-0 to zee germans i reckon.
  • Options
    Doubt it, both are reported to be out...

You're right...

What people are forgetting is that although England are lacking many key players...so are Germany.
    I reckon it's gonna be pretty even.
  • Options
    I really dunno which way this way will go as both teams have a number of players out, I reckon it will be boring though but I hope I'm wrong!
  • Options
    Yay love England playing Germany ... Don't know why ?

I reckon 2-1 to England ... but maybe thats me being biased, hopefully and patriotic (sp?)

If I'm being honest I reckon 1-0 to Germany.
  • Options
    I dont think England will win. And thats not just me speaking as a Welshman. :p
  • Options
    did anyone hear righty then?

"coz im'a brava innit"

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    1-0 Germany :thumb:
  • Options
    2-1 Germany :thumb:
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »

You're right , aslong as no other goals are scored. Jebus england are pap :(
  • Options
    I wish Motson would shutup about '66. If this ends up 4-2 to England then I'm emigrating.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »

Bring it on
  • Options
    DEUTSCHLAND, DEUTSCHLAND, ÜBER ALLES!
    ÜBER ALLES IN DER WELT!

As I said before, I have a soft spot for German international football, so I'm secretly very happy with this result (yeah fuck off, I know I'm un-patriotic!)

Brilliant result for Germany! England were missing quite a few key players, but Germany were missing some FAR MORE important players, and to win with that squad, away in Wembley, was some result! :thumb:

Fucking brilliant goal from Pander in his international debut for Germany!!!!

Worrying performances from Lehmann for Arsenal, although he did pull off a few good saves.

Robinson fucked up big time with that goal by Kuranyi. However I still think he deserves a starting place in the team to face Israel, before James.
  • Options
    Germany win, for sure.

I hate being right :(
  • Options
    Brilliant result for Germany! England were missing quite a few key players, but Germany were missing some FAR MORE important players, and to win with that squad, away in Wembley, was some result! :thumb:

Yup
    Fucking brilliant goal from Pander in his international debut for Germany!!!!

Yup. Shame it had to come shortly after Robinson's shocker. Incredible shot.
    Robinson fucked up big time with that goal by Kuranyi. However I still think he deserves a starting place in the team to face Israel, before James.

Nope. Robinson hasn't had to fight for his place in a while and thus has become, I think, complacent.

However, why McClown stuck Richards, the best England player on the pitch in my opinion, in the centre when Ferdinand came off is quite beyond me. He was causing havoc down the wing so to then stick him in the centre is pure idiocy.

Some positives but same old problems yet again.
  • Options
    I hate being right :(
    You might find that a little wager down the bookies might make you feel better.

Look at it as insurance ;)