Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is this true?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not that i agree, but i can sort of see where your mate is coming from in what he's saying, hes probably not expressing himself correctly to you but imo he's saying that in order to pull a nice looking girl you have to be pretty nice looking yourself, this makes sence really, natural selection n all that - you dont see too many supermodels with fat fuckers that dont shave and have greasy hair do you. Hes basically saying that you need to make the effort to get anywhere, i say let him get on with it - there are far worse things to get into. This past 8 months or so ive been hitting the gym pretty hard myself with the premise of looking and feeling better, not specifically to pull women, its more of an addiction for me tbh (started out with just a goal to get fit now its increase this muscle, strengthen that etc). Its a great confidence booster though when you actually start to notice the difference and having an improved sense of confidence along with a better defined body cant really hinder your chances of pulling can it..
  • Options
    I agree with your friend. You have to be practically Aryan to get anywhere.
    At least that's what I observe every outing.
  • Options
    Hes right, In a sense. You do get better results if you do put in a bit more effort with your apperance, but thats standard. However though the 6 pack road isn't for me because if you get more and more buff or whatever you get into a pattern where your never happy with what you see. Plus it could go to your head and make you arrogant.

don't agree with the aryan thing though.
  • Options
    he sounds a bit misogynistic to me.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    yes before dating someone I always calculate how much better I am than them on a scale of one to 10. couldn't possibly date someone who was more than 22% better than me, it would never work.

haha! well said.

basically, in order to be attractive you should just dress well, take care of yourself and be a generally nice guy. the sixpack thing? utter bull. a friend of mine is going out with a pretty big guy and she loves him so, so much. most girls like a guy who they can cuddle, not some macho bloke with action man attributes. my guy's pretty skinny with dark blue, almost black hair, and i actually fancy him like crazy: no one sticks to their appearance ideals in the end, when the guy's lovely. (:
  • Options
    Thanks again guys :) I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    Genetically we need to be perfect. That is society's way. There are a few outliers, but generally: six pack/fit/athletic/skinny, straight hair, and no abnormal intrests will get you in.

Note: Half sarcastic, half serious in this post.
  • Options
    A mate of mine says in order to make a girl interested, you have to become better than the girl (in the sense of fitness, clothes and stuff like that)

Hes hellbent on getting a 6 pack as he keeps telling me thats what they like (or at least the ones he talks to). I don't agree with him. Yet he still tells me Im wrong, that the ones who say they don't care really do.

Is he right?

Hello mate,

I haven't read all the other posts so i could be repeating this - What your mate is really trying to say, though I doubt he actually thinks about it this way - is that having a higher social status is attractive. Relates to the alpha (dominant) male idea, which is also true in the animal kingdom. Think about your friends.....which ones do you look up to (i.e. those which you aspire to be more like) and the ones who look up to you (those who make you feel more powerful simply because you know you're the dominant one). The male is naturally the dominant gender so having higher status is seen as attractive. Its a process hardwired into women by evolution, and probably not the sort of thing they consciouslythink about when choosing a bf. But believe me, its definitely important if you want her to be interested in you. Material posessions such as having nice clothes, a nice car, money, power, fame etc etc are all ways of elevating status. So unless you have alot of money or you're famous, you'd better become good at adopting alpha male traits (or at the very least, start thinking about status in social groups).
  • Options
    Oh and further to what solidgoldtelephone said - I'm going out with a girl who is into wrestling (watching) big time......she knows and is friends with loads of pro wrestlers, some of whom have great bodies and she's almost had relationships with a couple of them. My body is certainly nothing special, and she's said time and again that given the choice, even if they were available (it nearly did happen), she'd still choose me. I'm 6'5", fairly slim with annoying man boobs and not that much muscle. She doesn't seem to care (even about the man boobs, and that is a very embarassing issue for a bloke) :)
  • Options
    "Better than the girl" is an appauling statement.

There shouldn't be "better than thou" in a relationship. Love is about equality.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    "Better than the girl" is an appauling statement.

There shouldn't be "better than thou" in a relationship. Love is about equality.
    Who brought love into the equation? Love has nothing to do with attractiveness.
    If you were in walking down the street and you see a hot guy/girl, which are they most likely to be? The fat hairy munter or the brangelina lookalike?
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Who brought love into the equation? Love has nothing to do with attractiveness.
    If you were in walking down the street and you see a hot guy/girl, which are they most likely to be? The fat hairy munter or the brangelina lookalike?
    Well becoming better indicates that there's a period of time he's known said woman.

For a shag or relationship, as I've said it isn't about being better, it's about respect.

The boy sounds like a cock (his mate, not the poster) and sexist.
  • Options
    i like guys to look good but 6 packs just scare me
    Also, if they were better than me in every way it would just make me feel rubish & think there more likely to cheat
    Just be yourself, dont change just for a girl, just make sure you are happy as a person :)
    its like how some girls think they have to be thin for a guy to like them when, many guys actually prefer women with a bit more fat who isnt just bone, it all depends on the girl you like view, not all are the same
    also, they should like you for you not just your apperance
  • Options
    That's all good in theory, but in practice it's slightly different. Bring on the Argonauts.
  • Options
    junker wrote: »
    That's all good in theory, but in practice it's slightly different. Bring on the Argonauts.

No offense or not meant in a mean way but you sound bitter.
  • Options
    Oh none taken, I am quite bitter.
  • Options
    why? you need to break this pattern mate.
  • Options
    It's reality's pattern and my interpertation of it. I can't change reality obviously, but hopefully I can change myself in reality. So I must become what society, and nature in general, has deemed worthy. I must work as hard as I can to do what I can naturally do to change myself.

There might be some tinkering that needs to be done with genes that would give me the Aryan edge. You know, straight blonde hair, blue eyes that pierce the soul, strong, square, authoritarian jaw for a man who looks like he can get things done. Those small details.

But until then, it's good old hard work.