Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is this true?

A mate of mine says in order to make a girl interested, you have to become better than the girl (in the sense of fitness, clothes and stuff like that)

Hes hellbent on getting a 6 pack as he keeps telling me thats what they like (or at least the ones he talks to). I don't agree with him. Yet he still tells me Im wrong, that the ones who say they don't care really do.

Is he right?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Erm... to date, I have never heard a woman say "oh, you know what I love on a bloke more than anything else? A beer belly. Yes, a fat, horrible beer belly on a lazy sloth of a guy".

That said, not many seem to specify a six-pack is an essential item either. I think basically that women like a man who makes an effort to look after himself, who keeps himself toned up. That doesn't mean going to the gum countless times a week, it means not living on a diet of beer and pizza.
  • Options
    What a load of bollocks. Everyone likes different things, and if a guy actively tried to be better than me solely for the purpose of attracting me then he would actually put me off a bit.
  • Options
    A mate of mine says in order to make a girl interested, you have to become better than the girl (in the sense of fitness, clothes and stuff like that)

Your friend seems to have a rather... interesting perspective on people and relationships if you have to make yourself 'better' than another individual.

Take care of yourself, take pride in your appearance, be a confident individual - sure, they are attributes that I'd find attractive in a person, but if you approach dating and relating from a perspective of topping the other person, then it sets the scene that you're somehow superior to that person, and that would put me right off.

And a six pack alone does not a good boyfriend make! Sure, sometimes it can be nice to look at, but if that's all there is, and not much else, I wouldn't be around for the long-term.
  • Options
    what women want..

As a woman I can say that really, its entirely up to her personal choice, and that choice can vary dramatically.

Yes, some girls love muscles and a six pack. Others prefer guys with a 'bit extra' to grab. Personally, I like guys who are anything from slightly muscly (sorry but rigid plastic pecs do nothing for me) to generally average. I don't find beer guts attractive, no, but I have fancied people in the past with less than lean bodies because, they have a gorgeous face/hair/eyes/personality - things that are more important to me.

My taste varies SO much. I've fancied guys who are 20 years older, or 6 years younger, or tall, or short, or blond or dark haired etc etc.

I tend to find that certain things will really attract me, like nice sultry eyes, or really nice teeth - random, I know, but there we are.

Simply put, a guy with a butt-ugly face is never gonna get my vote regardless of how toned he might be. Whereas a guy who is facially super hot will definately get a second look even if the body doesn't fit the ideal.

:naughty:

-Jess-
  • Options
    There are plenty of women who find bigger guys attractive and think six-packs are minging.
  • Options
    There are plenty of women who find bigger guys attractive and think six-packs are minging.

Not according to him. :yeees:

He had a pretty girlfriend and ever since they split up hes gone a bit nuts and has gone way into fitness and keeps claiming he knows what to do to get girls but I just think some of what hes saying is a load of shit. Although I am starting to believe some of what he is saying.
  • Options
    My boyfriend doesn't have a six pack and I think he's hot. I don't like rigid plastic pecs either. If a guy likes to keep himself fit then that's up to him, I've just never been into the gym-jock look. Unless a guy was wearing skin-tight tops (which would put me right off straight away anyway) how would you even know if he had a six pack or not when you first met him? My bloke just has a normal-to-slim body and that's fine by me.
  • Options
    Not according to him. :yeees:

He had a pretty girlfriend and ever since they split up hes gone a bit nuts and has gone way into fitness and keeps claiming he knows what to do to get girls but I just think some of what hes saying is a load of shit. Although I am starting to believe some of what he is saying.

If he knew what to do then he wouldn't have to go to so much trouble.

He sounds a bit of a weirdo anyway.

Can he honestly say that someone like Jack Black would have a problem getting his end away?
  • Options

:yes: :yum: Chubby boys are sexy.

Plus, if a guy spends more time getting ready and in a mirror than I do... besides it being creepy, that just wouldn't work out :p
  • Options
    Plus, if a guy spends more time getting ready and in a mirror than I do... besides it being creepy, that just wouldn't work out :p
    Absolutely. A man should look after himself, but not to extremes!
  • Options
    If he knew what to do then he wouldn't have to go to so much trouble.

He sounds a bit of a weirdo anyway.

Can he honestly say that someone like Jack Black would have a problem getting his end away?

He is. I assure you.

Hes turned into a total himbo and it seems to me that he wants a girl like his ex.

He keeps saying that hes like a product he needs to make himself better, which is OK, that I agree with but hes taking it too far.
  • Options
    You all bow to me and aspire to be me!

ugly_man.jpg
  • Options
    He is. I assure you.

Hes turned into a total himbo and it seems to me that he wants a girl like his ex.

He keeps saying that hes like a product he needs to make himself better, which is OK, that I agree with but hes taking it too far.

tbh, it sounds like he's bottling up some insecurity over having lost the girl or something.

I don't want a guy who is 'better' than me. That's just a level that's impossible to reach. :razz:
  • Options
    Jaloux wrote: »
    tbh, it sounds like he's bottling up some insecurity over having lost the girl or something.

I don't want a guy who is 'better' than me. That's just a level that's impossible to reach. :razz:

he does seem a little bitter over it. He slips in "shes a bitch" now and again.

I always said to him you can't compete with a girl. :p
  • Options
    Meanwhile she's probably killing herself laughing over the whole thing, what she's done to this guy rofl...
  • Options

:yes: Guys you can properly cuddly are sexy. Being muscley all over, spending all their time in the gym and being a general himbo puts me off guys so much.

And Jack Black is fit. :yum:
  • Options
    I really don't mean to sound harsh, but the whole "girls like this, girls like that" stuff your mate is spinning is absolute rubbish.

You'll find the sort of girls who only like guys with six packs are the sort of plastic fairy types that attract these sort of buffoons anyway. People have got their preferences and stuff, but would your mate really want to be with the sort of girl who operated a "six pack only" rule?

Saying all that, working out and making yourself look in shape can help with the opposite sex. The girl I like justnow has also got some baldy headed bouncer type bloke who likes her too, he's got photos of himself kissing his muscles on his arm on his Bebo and seems to be a bit desperate with the flirty comments but she seems well into him. Think he's a lot more of a proper man than I am and stuff, so I'd also say a lot of girls do go for the whole "manly" thing cause that's just the way evolution works and stuff. If you've got a trendy haircut and are a sensitive lad then you're gonna be fucked evolution-wise against some built up hunk of a man.

It all depends though.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    I really don't mean to sound harsh, but the whole "girls like this, girls like that" stuff your mate is spinning is absolute rubbish.

You'll find the sort of girls who only like guys with six packs are the sort of plastic fairy types that attract these sort of buffoons anyway. People have got their preferences and stuff, but would your mate really want to be with the sort of girl who operated a "six pack only" rule?

Saying all that, working out and making yourself look in shape can help with the opposite sex. The girl I like justnow has also got some baldy headed bouncer type bloke who likes her too, he's got photos of himself kissing his muscles on his arm on his Bebo and seems to be a bit desperate with the flirty comments but she seems well into him. Think he's a lot more of a proper man than I am and stuff, so I'd also say a lot of girls do go for the whole "manly" thing cause that's just the way evolution works and stuff. If you've got a trendy haircut and are a sensitive lad then you're gonna be fucked evolution-wise against some built up hunk of a man.

It all depends though.

It ain't harsh to me Bri.

As I said, his girl was pretty. It looks like hes trying to get another one like her. he says she was drawn to fitness. Go figure.

I see what your saying about the whole being in shape thing though, Im not out of shape, I could always be a bit better but I don't wanna be a gym rat and I don't want the type of girls he wants. The type of girls he wants are thicker then 2 planks of wood.

My point is if he wants to attract those sorts of girls then fine, go ahead, just leave me out of it and let me go my own way.
  • Options
    My point is if he wants to attract those sorts of girls then fine, go ahead, just leave me out of it and let me go my own way.

Have you actually told him that? ^^^^
    Because its your life, your choices and not his to make for you. Himbos gernerally only attract the barbie dolls in life.

I will stop being a ranty cow now
  • Options
    Yes I have, then he just spouts more bullshit.
  • Options
    Yes I have, then he just spouts more bullshit.

Just let it go over your head man, one thing a lot of girls do like in guys is a bit of individuality and the ability to be your own person :yes:

You'll find girls who's head are stuck up their arse tend to go for sleazy guys desperate to get a bit of leg over and who think they're quite alpha male and who'll put up with her shit. The other 95% of the population who aren't like that sort of mingle in amongst each other and end up pairing off.
  • Options

Hes hellbent on getting a 6 pack as he keeps telling me thats what they like (or at least the ones he talks to). I don't agree with him. Yet he still tells me Im wrong, that the ones who say they don't care really do.

Is he right?

You aren't friends with MattLiverpool by any chance?
  • Options
    Thanks for this guys, this has been bugging me for a while. I just have to play along until he does finally get his choice girl so he can fuck off with her for a while.
  • Options
    You aren't friends with MattLiverpool by any chance?

Nope.
  • Options
    One thing we can all agree on is that girls don't like arrogant cocks who tell them what they like, probably why he's still single.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    You all bow to me and aspire to be me!

ugly_man.jpg
    God he is so sexiiii. <33

To the thread maker, did he get dumped or was he cheated on?
  • Options
    cheated on, then dumped.
  • Options
    Not all girls are that shallow. I hope?

I don't find boys bodies attractive really, muscles do nothing for me at all. So long as they aren't obese I couldn't care less.
  • Options
    cheated on, then dumped.
    Ah-ha, thats why. Explain to him not everyone is a cheating fuck. Just most of them :)
  • Options
    yes before dating someone I always calculate how much better I am than them on a scale of one to 10. couldn't possibly date someone who was more than 22% better than me, it would never work.