Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

you know that feeling?

ok i was in a bar with a few work mates last week and i saw this boy and girl mustve been just about 18 and they were really into eachother on the sofa, not bowchickabowwow but just aww bless,

totaly oblivious to everyone else in the room, being playfull, made me remember what that feeling was like, i've not had that in a long time and i said to my mate doenst that make you feel old and he agreed,

she wasnt really my type but i was kinda jealous, people who get that are lucky

just that feeling of being so engrossed in eachother that a roomfull of strangers ceases to exist,

how good is that feeling?

they should bottle it up and sell it :D

my ex was not big on PDA's at all would hold hands but not much else past a peck on the cheek,
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm a big affectionate mess.

I'm always a bit taken aback by couples who don't hold hands and things like that. I'm not into OTT displays of affection but certainly hand holding, arms around the waist if we're in a queue, non-sexual stroky stuff etc etc.

I'm a soppy arse.
  • Options
    I don't understand why people don't like public displays of affection, I think it's wonderful to see couples looking like they are in love and actually give a stuff about each other. There's something about that post-coital glow that makes everyone who has it look happier and prettier, it warms the cockles on my heart.
  • Options
    Bomchickawowwow? Bless you!

Yeah, affection and electricity is amazing.

The most affectionate I'll get past hand holding and that, is stroking the back of my blokes' neck/hair when going on escalators and he's standing below me. I've done it with EVERY boyfriend, it's just a soppy thing I do.
  • Options
    Fuck that i don't even hold hands with blokes, let alone kissing an shit in public. Nasty!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    I don't understand why people don't like public displays of affection, I think it's wonderful to see couples looking like they are in love and actually give a stuff about each other. There's something about that post-coital glow that makes everyone who has it look happier and prettier, it warms the cockles on my heart.

Lmao.

It's funny that such a sopy comment came from the same person who says ..

I hate estate agents and would kill all of them

:p
  • Options
    There's something about that post-coital glow that makes everyone who has it look happier and prettier, it warms the cockles on my heart.

:yes:
    makes you feel good about the world when life gets ya down dont it?
  • Options
    I'm not really a soppy romantic person so PDAs arent really my thing.

And yes before anyone points it out, I'm fully aware then when I do meet someone that I click with I will be a very soppy romantic mess.
  • Options
    I'm not really a soppy romantic person so PDAs arent really my thing.

And yes before anyone points it out, I'm fully aware then when I do meet someone that I click with I will be a very soppy romantic mess.

Tis a nasty ol' business :thumb:
  • Options
    Oh I love hand holding, cuddles, the odd bit of stroking, looking into each others eyes and smiling. Its a nice thing to do and its lovely to see people do it, as long as they arent practically having sex in the queue for the supermarket checkout. I think its something everyone should do, it keeps you connected and makes you happy.
  • Options
    these days people are very image and self conscious i think its nice when they can be together and have fun and forget everyone else is around,

reminds me of one of my exes no one in our group of friends knew we were together, then one day we were on the school feild in the summer we started tickling eachother and we kinda forgot everyone else was there and we were playfighting for about an hour, needless to say everyone kinda twigged after that lol
  • Options
    The most we do is hand holding/waist holding and the odd peck. OTT public displays of affection annoy me though. You shouldn't need to put on a show. I stayed over at my friends once while he bf was there, they started groping and snogging each other on the bed right infront of us! Totally uncalled for.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    The most we do is hand holding/waist holding and the odd peck. OTT public displays of affection annoy me though. You shouldn't need to put on a show. I stayed over at my friends once while he bf was there, they started groping and snogging each other on the bed right infront of us! Totally uncalled for.

i agree if it is there to put on a show, then yeah its pathetic and annoying, but when its genuinne affection and it doesnt go too far then it doesnt bother me at all,
  • Options
    Oh I love hand holding, cuddles, the odd bit of stroking, looking into each others eyes and smiling. Its a nice thing to do and its lovely to see people do it, as long as they arent practically having sex in the queue for the supermarket checkout. I think its something everyone should do, it keeps you connected and makes you happy.

There's nothing wrong with showing people you care for each other and being close.
  • Options
    I've been with my bf now for like 15 months and I remember the days we were literally all over each other. I look at couples now who are like that and think "Omg that's never gunna happen to me again" lol.

The only reason newbie couples are like that because for the first 6 months of knowing a new partner you get this huge rush of adrenaline like chemicals which make you swoon when you see someone you like lol.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    OTT public displays of affection annoy me though.

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I couldn't say kissing and touching non-sexually is OTT in any way...
  • Options
    PDA is fine so long as I can't see your tongue.
  • Options
    I couldn't say kissing and touching non-sexually is OTT in any way...

I didn't say they were.
  • Options
    I always think "awwww" and feel really happy when I see loving couples looking like they are in love awww.
  • Options
    PDAffection are lovely, reminds you of the good stuff and makes me feel all awwwwwww.

Public displays of groping are generally unpleasant and should be banned.:yuck:
  • Options
    DC85 wrote: »
    It's funny that such a sopy comment came from the same person who says...:p

Soppy? Romantic?

I'm passionate about a lot of things- my wife, other people being in love, estate agents being robbing vermin...

I'd hate to see estate agents breeding though, that should be banned.
  • Options
    If its you that is being cuddled or whatever in public its nice, makes you feel valued and wanted. However, if youre watching other people show PDA it makes you feel 'i want some if that...' whether theyre attractive or not, IMO.
  • Options
    I like when you see super old people just shuffling about holding hands or with their arms around eachother :heart::heart:
  • Options
    pda's make me feel loved.
    like, at school when i'm sitting down and my boyfriend will come up behind me, wrap his arms around me and kiss the top of my head; it makes my heart flutter.

but yeah, when it gets to groping etc., the phrase "get a room" really comes in handy.
  • Options
    I like when you see super old people just shuffling about holding hands or with their arms around eachother :heart::heart:

OMG old people are so sweet (sometimes).

I remember once I was in the supermarket and this little old man was in front us, buying 1 loaf of bread and 1 pot of jam.

Me and mum looked at each and were like awwwwwwwwwwwww.

Then even sweeter are the 90-something year olds who sit there all hunched up then pull a mobile phone out of their bag....

:)
  • Options
    BF once said to me, "you're a very hand holdy person aren't you." and I don't know really, I just like to be touching him all the time, to the point where its subconcious. It's probably really irritating for him. :p
  • Options
    Blerugh! I absolutely hate public displays of affection. Why does everything have to involve showing your feelings to anyone within a hundred mile radius? And just why do they have to be so bloody extravagant? Nothing pisses me off more than morons who introduce themselves to me by foisting themselves on me, hugging me and trying to kiss both my cheeks. Fuck off already - I don't want a fucking hug! And when you tell them you don't want a cuddle, they take it as an insult! Idiots!

Similarly, it also hacks me off to see couples kissing and canoodling in public. It's always the same ones - pubesecent 16-year olds "in love" for the first time, usually involving a girl who's being led on by some prat who just fancies a trophy on his arm. Don't they realise what morons they look like? For crying out loud. I've no problem with couples holding hands or putting their arms round each other, but there's a sense in everything. If you wanna throw your arm round your partner or smooch him/her stupid, do it behind closed doors, where you can tell them exactly how you feel, for fuck's sake.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Blerugh! I absolutely hate public displays of affection. Why do they have to be so bloody extravagant? I can't stand people who, when I meet them, insist on trying to hug me and give me a kiss. Fuck off already - if I want a hug, I'll ask for a bloody hug!

Awww!

I've developed this habit of kissing everyone french style after living in France. people often get very confused when I give them the second kiss on the cheek!
  • Options
    nicolalou wrote: »
    I've developed this habit of kissing everyone french style after living in France. people often get very confused when I give them the second kiss on the cheek!
    French kisses or being cuddled to death - I don't know which is worse, frankly.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Blerugh! I absolutely hate public displays of affection. Why does everything have to involve showing your feelings to anyone within a hundred mile radius? And just why do they have to be so bloody extravagant? Nothing pisses me off more than morons who introduce themselves to me by foisting themselves on me, hugging me and trying to kiss both my cheeks. Fuck off already - I don't want a fucking hug! And when you tell them you don't want a cuddle, they take it as an insult! Idiots!

How bitter do you sound?