Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Honda S2000

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im thinking about buying a new Honda S2000, i know i can take it for a test drive but im wondering if anyone on here has an experience living with one? running costs? Boot size for shopping?

Comments

• Options
    you own one i take it? what do you thinking of the drivabilty?
  • Options
    When you say new, do you mean new, or just new for you? Because they depreciate quickly. I can't comment myself, but they constantly come near the top of the satisfaction surveys on Top Gear.
  • Options
    well i was going to get one a couple of years old, but the girlfriend says she wants to put some cash towards it so i could really aford new and i would like the feeling of a brand new car
  • Options
    Territt wrote: »
    well i was going to get one a couple of years old, but the girlfriend says she wants to put some cash towards it so i could really aford new and i would like the feeling of a brand new car

You car will always be your car ... :)

Girlfriends may come and go .. LOL

but seriously if it's your car then pay for it 100% yourself I'd say for starters - you don't want any arguments about who gets to drive, etc

Also I'd not buy it brand new .. loose so much money the moment you drive it away .. I have bought a brand new car but that was 7 year ago and was imported so already saved about a quarter off the UK list price.

Car market has changed a lot since then..
  • Options
    Don't forget the Japanese also drive on the left so you could import one direct from there and just need to change the speedo from KPH to MPH
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    Don't forget the Japanese also drive on the left so you could import one direct from there and just need to change the speedo from KPH to MPH

I imported the car im driving now, a honda prelude, but that was more to do with getting the spec i wanted, dont think i will bother with the S2000 as the spec is the same both place and the extra insurance wouldnt be worth it.