Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Surprise surprise - The Police lied about the Stockwell shooting

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    budda wrote: »
    I'm not even sure why an IPPC investigation was needed, it was plain to anyone watching the TV that the Police were lying about the shooting, still nice to see them chastised.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6927140.stm

Odd that none of his senior officers thought that Iain Blair might like to know it was a big mistake till the morning after the shooting.

Of course the police lied!

The police are good for nothing fools who care jack about helping people.
  • Options
    I suppose so, I'm just deeply frightened that this is the start of a trend, maybe the Mail isnt all that bad?

It does pretty good sport coverage (not as good as the Tele still)
  • Options
    It does pretty good sport coverage (not as good as the Tele still)
    Some of their sports columnists are excellent, I've got to admit. Des Kelly's column is always a good read, as were the ones from the now-deceased Ian Woolridge.
  • Options
    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day...

:lol: Thats a cracking line
  • Options
    Territt wrote: »
    the armed police didnt know this

If they'd done their job properly they'd have known it.
    they had a call to make and they made it

Why didn't they do it 40 minutes earlier when he got on a bus?

If you swallow the official line then the police made a monumental fuck-up that could have resulted in the deaths of hundreds of people, and heads should roll.

If you don't swallow the official line (and you're an idiot if you do) then the police made a monumental fuck-up that resulted in the murder of an innocent man, and heads should roll.
  • Options
    Territt wrote: »
    all this is going to do is make the police second guess themselfs and i dont think thats something we need armed police to do

That's exactly what they should do
  • Options
    maybe the Mail isnt all that bad?

Wash your mouth out...
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    What does that mean? Are you suggesting that our cops are a bunch of racists? I'm at a loss.

Probably just dumb more then anything

they didn't have an address of a specific flat they had an address to a whole bunch of flats

the police said they didn't have a photo to pass on cos the person watching the flats was taking a pee at the time the Brazilian man walked out of his flat

They allowed him to go on a London bus

They allowed him to enter a tube station

Had the man been a woman probably not have been shot - had he been white with ginger hair probably less chance of being shot

someone told lots of lies after the shooting and the media didn't help passing it on without any clarification.

But the real point is they could have handled this in so many different ways that didn't end up with a man having his brains blown out and could have stopped and questioned him at so many different points along his journey.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    What does that mean? Are you suggesting that our cops are a bunch of racists? I'm at a loss.

The Met certainly are.