Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Crack

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The lad I'm on-off getting with admitted to me the other night that he's well into crack.

Whats the crack with crack? as i dont know much about it except Whitney Houston loved the stuff. A lot of people say it's really bad, nearly as bad as skag.

Comments

• Options
    I've never smoked it but I've been so tempted to.
    It's basically a smokeable form of Cocaine that's alot purer and therefore gives a much more intense hit but lasts like 15 minutes or something, so is HIGHLY addictive.
    It's really easy to make, and a cheaper and easier to make form of freebase cocaine (which is like the 'real' crack'.)
    You could make crack yourself, but I really wouldn't reccomend it. I know people who have smoked crack and it's ruined them. It is nearly as bad as skag and I would never trust a crack addict.
    As I said, I've been SO tempted to try it, but I know it would kill me.
    A word of advice, if this guy is actually heavily into crack, then I wouldn't get too involved with him. You could get hurt, or worse get into crack.
  • Options
    Hm I think he's quite into it. I know he makes several trips a week to get some. Even if hes not a crackhead hes definately a coke head. He talks about it quite a lot too. I dont really think I should be getting involved with him tbh.
  • Options
    Hm I think he's quite into it. I know he makes several trips a week to get some. Even if hes not a crackhead hes definately a coke head. He talks about it quite a lot too. I dont really think I should be getting involved with him tbh.

:no: Me neither.
    As a former coke head, I wouldn't have trusted myself when I was that deep.
    If he's into crack aswell... it's not even worth going there.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »

Yeah reckon you've got a point !
    I think its gone a bit stale between me and him now anyway but the more i spend time with him im realising he is really quite into it. you can kind of tell when they talk about it alot and that.
  • Options
    Some people can just take crack now and again when it suits them but you're not going to find many of them.

Because the buzz doesn't last long on the stuff and because it's so moreish I assume it's easier to get addicted to skag? I mean, not everyone has a good buzz of their first skag hit and you need to take it everyday for a couple of weeks to develop a full addiction. I might be wrong though. My advice would be to stay away from it like.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »

Is it basically smoking cocaine then? Me an my mates like the odd sniff spliff. We mix it with weed and baccy. Hmmm cocaine :P
  • Options
    MancDan wrote: »
    Is it basically smoking cocaine then? Me an my mates like the odd sniff spliff. We mix it with weed and baccy. Hmmm cocaine :P

Not really, I've smoked cocaine in spliffs and blunts many times before but this is actually a different form of cocaine so that it effects you better when smoked, whereas cocaine is better snorted.
    I'd explain how it's made but I'd probably get in trouble or something.
    I'm not exactly sure how it works, I'm not an expert on the subject... I think budda or skive could fill you in better.
  • Options
    AFAIK crack is made through mixing cocaine and bicarbonate soda, of course it's a lot more complicated than that.

You put coke in a spliff ed? Was that not a big waste?
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    AFAIK crack is made through mixing cocaine and bicarbonate soda, of course it's a lot more complicated than that.

You put coke in a spliff ed? Was that not a big waste?

:yes: With water and then left to boil or something, then you get a solution which you need to filter and dry out. Something like that anyway, it's really not that complicated.
    Making freebase is alot harder and dangerous which is why crack is so popular. I'm not really sure why mixing coke with bicarbonate soda makes it more effective when smoked though.

It does effect you a bit when you smoke it in spliffs, but yeah you're right it was a bit of a waste cos it's much better snorted.
    But I was with a dealer who had like 17 grams on him and we were on like a 3 day bender and were trying all sorts of things. The coke was like sugar there was so much. lol.
  • Options
    Don't really think you should get involved with the guy to be honest. Just seems long.

Don't wanna hijack thread but my mates on crack and brown and she's saying that crack is too expensive - brown is much cheaper. Is this true?
  • Options
    MancDan wrote: »

Waste of money.
  • Options
    chan-chan wrote: »
    Don't really think you should get involved with the guy to be honest. Just seems long.

Don't wanna hijack thread but my mates on crack and brown and she's saying that crack is too expensive - brown is much cheaper. Is this true?

Thing with brown is it has a natural limit on how much you can use. You get a good gouch on and that's all you need, or (once you got a habit) you need it to stop being sick. Crack you can just keep smoking until the money runs out. £500/night isn't unheard of, whereas a large gear habit wouldn't be much more than £50/day.
  • Options
    Ok cheers that makes sense then cos now my mate can easily spend about £500 on crack and its done by next day or whatever between her and her man but now she's saying that brown is cheaper and if there's a natural limit like you've said then it makes sense.

She's having trouble with the crack though, saying its hard to kick and i feel she doesn't really like the brown as much as the white but there ya go.
  • Options
    chan-chan wrote: »

She's having trouble with the crack though, saying its hard to kick and i feel she doesn't really like the brown as much as the white but there ya go.

Crack is becoming an increasingly huge problem in urban area's. I don't know which is a better high, crack or smack as I haven't tried either of them. However, on the whole I prefer stimulants and I used to be fairly hooked on coke so I can imagine that I would prefer crack to heroin aswell.

Another drug which is starting to become popular in the UK (it's already a huge problem is the states, australia and new zealand) is Crystal Meth. I smoked it a while ago in Brighton but it was the only time I've ever come across it. I hear there's shit loads being imported into places like Liverpool and Bristol at the moment though. That's more bad-ass shit.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »
    Waste of money.

:yes:
  • Options
    Crack isnt any purer than street cocaine normally, its just a different form.

All you are doing is changing the temperatures at which it will vapourise and oxydize. There is no point in smoking cocaine salt because you will burn it and waste it, crack can be boiled into a vapour and inhaled.

As for a habit of it, as Blagsta said its a bottomless pit unlike heroin.
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote: »
    Waste of money.

too right.. argued with silly cunts about this a few times and they're determined it works

the power of placebo eh!
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    too right.. argued with silly cunts about this a few times and they're determined it works

:yes: Yep, same here.

As I said, the only time I did it was when I was buzzing off my nut with a dealer who had like 17 grams to spare and we were just trying all sorts of shit. I thought it may have had a little effect but then that was probably because I already had about 2 grams up my nose.
  • Options
    What was the crystal meth like? i would never touch anything like that! look it up on google and you wills ee how much it fucks people up. but i also hear it makes you ahve orgasms and alls trange things. sickly stuff, you can make it with household chemicals too?

Yeah you can make it with household chemicals, I think all it takes is an A level in chemistry and you can pretty much master it.
    I know it can fuck people up, it can rot your face away and stuff.
    I smoked ice once round someone's flat in Brighton and I can see how people become so addicted. It lasts for hours and it feels like a strange combination of speed and a VERY high dose of BZP, in my opinion. It's the kind of drug that makes you want to just wonder around for hours, by yourself, with people, it doesn't matter. You wonder around, rushing, mashed and oblivious to the world. I don't regret trying it but I'd NEVER do it again.
  • Options
    What about the sexual part of it because it apparently makes you kind of supercharged and orgasms become more intense, things like that. I remember reading it on a website a while abck, that's about the only thing that interested me in the stuff but i would NEVER take it considering it's side effects which seem to be extreme.

I think i remember it saying it can make you have orgasms 10x stronger, lasting up to an hour and shit like that but maybe that was the injectible form.

It wouldn't suprise me to be honest, the stuff lasts for hours and stops you sleeping for a good couple of days pretty much. Everything is so much more intense.
    However I didn't really think about having a wank when I was high on it to be honest. lol.
  • Options
    What about the sexual part of it because it apparently makes you kind of supercharged and orgasms become more intense, things like that. I remember reading it on a website a while abck, that's about the only thing that interested me in the stuff but i would NEVER take it considering it's side effects which seem to be extreme.

I think i remember it saying it can make you have orgasms 10x stronger, lasting up to an hour and shit like that but maybe that was the injectible form.

Yes it is made from chemicals, but most things are, thats almost completely missing the point. Granted you wouldnt want to consume half of the things used to make it, but thats true for many other things.

Yes it does with most users increase sexual desire, thats because of the dopamine receptor being activated, just like with regular amphetamine.

Saying it makes orgasms a set percentage stronger is rubbish, it will for some people and it wont for others, just like every other drug.

And it will last longer than an hour, length of effect depends on the method of use, a few hours for smoking, up to 18 for oral use.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »

And it will last longer than an hour, length of effect depends on the method of use, a few hours for smoking, up to 18 for oral use.

I think he means the orgasms are supposed to last for an hour.

The actual buzz lasted me about 5 hours when I smoked it.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I like a few rocks from every now and again, and I prefer spending the money on freebase rocks if I can get them, rather than washing up some shit coke for some shitty amount of crack.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    I like a few rocks from every now and again, and I prefer spending the money on freebase rocks if I can get them, rather than washing up some shit coke for some shitty amount of crack.

I didn't think freebase was very common because it's lethal to make?
  • Options
    you can do it without ethyl ether, with just ammonia and tissue
  • Options
    and a steady hand!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    minimi38 wrote: »
    you can do it without ethyl ether, with just ammonia and tissue

Essentially the same thing but because cocaine is often cut to fuck you can find you get a relatively poor amount of crack. Washing up does give you an approx idea of how good your coke is though.

I'd rather just buy a couple of stones.

It's sounds as though I do it a lot but I really don't. A couple of times a year when the situation arrises. It's not something I go looking for.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I was addicted to crack cocaine before i went into rehab last year.

I'd never get into a relationship with someone on crack now. Their only relationship will be with the crack, not you.
  • Options
    I would never touch anything like crack, heroin or anything in that kind of addictive smackhead way.

coke

Crack and coke are the same drug.
  • Options
    Same drug, different delivery method.