Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mushrooms

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No, I dont think you can ever really prepare as such, its so different from normal existance.

Set and setting are vital though, they are very important to get right.
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    open your eyes boyo ;)

WOOPS!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    If you bent down and ate them off the ground like a cow, would that be illegal?

I t would be totally legal if you where doing it whilst dressed as a cow though....try it!:lol:
  • Options
    na, I'm dead against them, for me anyway. I don't care what others do with them as long as they're being relatively safe. I think budda's 'setting' aadvice is good.
  • Options
    MancDan wrote: »
    If you've ever seen 'the acid house,' the last thing I want to be, is in the state that guy dropping super mario's is. Can you ever be prepared for its effects? can you control yourself? Does mind take control over matter?

That was a film, I don't think it's possible to turn into such a state. Though it is possible to have a psychotic episode which can trigger flashbacks and anxiety after the buzz has finished. Pretty rare though, just don't think bad thoughts or freaking out and be in a well known place with people you know and you'll be grand.
  • Options
    Did you hear the dutch government are considering banning mushrooms after several incidents, including a girl killing her self after taking a high dose. The health minister says it is unlikely they will be fully banned, but tighter regulations are definatly needed. All though the media are calling for complete ban, will the dutch government give into pressure, who knows...

Also as for bad trips and stuff, it is possible for some people to control their minds when they start to have a bad trip. Some people never have any problems. It usually the people who are anxious (sp?) and worry a lot normally who suffer bad trips. I once found once while i was on acid having a bit of a bad time, that a beer or two really helped. Got me a bit tipsy and i felt a lot more comfortable in my mind and with the people around me.
  • Options
    a bad trip can be a cunt but as mentioned before its purely about the place in your in and the company your with. aslong as your in a safe place where you wont be bothered and with people you trust your 90% of the way there

a smoke of a joint if your a regular smoker will help calm you down (probably the opposite if you arent a regular smoker) .. only other way back is a strong downer (high dose of *pams or sleepers)

it shouldnt come to that tho if you make sure all the other areas are covered!