Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ordering Tickets Online through the Post

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If you order tickets for an event online and they never arrive are the company selling them allowed to claim no responsibility whatsoever if they never arrive? .. especially if they're directly selling the tickets to yourself for their own event.

Ordered 1 ticket to an event to take a coach to worth over £300 and so far nothing has come through the post - paid online using a credit card - in their email receipt they say they accept no responsibility for items lost in the post BUT they charge an extra £3 handling fee on top of the £320 when you order online.

The tickets were sold directly by the people organising the event so no middlemen involved and thus it would cost them virtually nothing but the price of a piece of paper to issue another ticket.

Comments

• Options
    When is the event? If it's a few weeks away, maybe they'll send them out nearer to the time?
  • Options
    If they do end up lost and the company refuse to accept liability you may well be covered for them via your credit card!
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    When is the event? If it's a few weeks away, maybe they'll send them out nearer to the time?

:yes: One of the websites I ordered some tickets off, told me to wait 5-7 days before the event and then say smething if I've not got them by then.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    :yes: One of the websites I ordered some tickets off, told me to wait 5-7 days before the event and then say smething if I've not got them by then.

Yeah that kind of think is fair enough - event is on the 29th - so some time yet but the whole we don't accept responsibility thing for items lost in the post and won't replace them make me think it's Illegal anyway .. after all if they don't even offer proof of postage how do I know if the tickets went into the postal system or simply into one of their employee's pockets.

I'll plan to wait until Monday and see if they arrive but I think if they want to save money by not paying extra for recorded delivery - then they should accept items may get lost and should replace them... just want to know where I stand from a legal point of view.