Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Builders mud on roads

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There's a building site at the end of our road at the moment, and heading both directions from it the road is covered in mud from the wheels of the vehicles coming off the site.

It was bad enough to begin with, but its now building up and getting worse. When it's wet my bike slips on the slimy surface it has given the road and when it's dry I skid on the dust.

I seem to recall something about sites not being allowed to leave muck all over the road. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    phone the council?
  • Options
    Well I've filled in the council form online, got fed up with their phone system, so we shall see.

I vaguely recall there being some kind of rules saying that site vehicles have to have clean wheels before going on the roads, or is that utter rubbish?
  • Options
    no idea, sounds reasonable, but then- it's probably not so reasonable for the building firms...
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Well I've filled in the council form online, got fed up with their phone system, so we shall see.

I vaguely recall there being some kind of rules saying that site vehicles have to have clean wheels before going on the roads, or is that utter rubbish?
    I remember that being true. When there has been developments around our area we've had notices saying the companies duties to the area and that has always been mentioned.
  • Options
    Why not just have a nice word with the site foreman ?
  • Options
    had a similar problem...>_<
    couldn't do much about it. :(
    perhaps there is another route you could take?
    sorry can't be more help..
  • Options
    The site foreman isn't a lot of use sadly.
  • Options
    Did you confront him then? I would ne'er have had the guts.
  • Options
    Well no, but the residents association did about the damage one of the lorries did to the gate and he's been evil ever since. I stay well away.
  • Options
    Round where I work the builders have to pay for a street cleaning machine to go up and down about once an hour or so.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Round where I work the builders have to pay for a street cleaning machine to go up and down about once an hour or so.

Most of the sites I've worked on have done the same.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

I thought that it was only if the work site was permanent like a quarry, but I know what thought done - He stuck a feather in the ground and THOUGHT he'd grow a chicken