Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

respect

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
would you/could you be with someone that doesnt respect you?

Comments

• Options
    no of course not!
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    Not a chance.
  • Options
    Superchick, why do you think he doesn't respect you?
  • Options
    have been - never again. It's not a relationship, it's explotative.
  • Options
    nope never ever...
  • Options
    My last ex never respected me, it's shite.

Best get rid now, IMO.
  • Options
    Why would you want to?
  • Options
    for starters yesturday i tld him as soon as i saw him that i wasnt well and i didnt want any thing sexual but he started w**kin on me and just shuved it up there! i do everything for him and never get a thank you, if i ask for one favour he wont help me out and the relastionship is all about what he wants! i love him dearly i just dont no if its worth how i feel these days
  • Options
    Doesn't sound like it's worth it to be honest superchick45. Although none of us our in your shoes so we can only advise you based on what you tell us. But, based on that, I would say you should either have a talk with him and wish for the best (although theres probably only a small chance he'll change his ways for good - there's still a chance), or just cut your losses and run. You're only 19, you don't need to be tied down to someone who from what you've said clearly doesn't respect you.

And without respect, how can there be a healthy relationship?
  • Options
    It doesn't look worth it. You could have a 'talk', and try to change, but the fact is that it's hard to change people drastically. I'd recommend breaking up with him.
  • Options
    Tell him he's an arsehole, and how would he like it if he didn't want anything secual to happen and you just hopped on top and got down to it?! Not that men ever do 'not want it', but you see my point.

Men llike that really annoy me...my ex was exactly the same, ended up dumping me because he preferred a single life where he didn't have to think of anyone else, and I really regret not finishing things with him - months before he ended it.

Try the talking thing if you want, but make sure you don't let him butter you up with saying he loves you or is sorry - don't let crap like that wash with you, make sure you let him know in no uncertain terms that you're not a doormat and deserve respect - and if you don't get it, you'll leave.

Then give him 2 weeks. If nothing changes, get out and don't look back.
  • Options
    Get out of the relationship. I stayed with my ex for far too long when it was obvious how fucking little he thought of me. No-one deserves to be treated like that, and one-sided relationships very rarely work out anyway. You are worth someone treating you well not like a doormat.
  • Options
    make sure you let him know in no uncertain terms that you're not a doormat and deserve respect - and if you don't get it, you'll leave.

Then give him 2 weeks. If nothing changes, get out and don't look back.

:yes:

but NEVER EVER give an ultimatum that you won't be able to follow through.
  • Options
    No