Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is it shallow...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nah, not in my opinion. I don't get attracted to lads my height either, I just need to feel protected I suppose. However, that's not to say if someone came along and dazzled me with their personality and that but just now and in the past I haven't 'actively' looked for a smaller bloke. I just don't see it happening.
  • Options
    I wouldn't go out with someone shorter than me, but I am only 5 foot 1 so not many guys are shorter than me anyway. Apart from dwarves. Actually I know a girl who went out with a dwarf, she worked at the theatre and he was one of the seven dwarves.

I don't think it's shallow. But if you met someone and they were really good looking, funny, etc, and you clicked with them, things like height would probably stop being an issue.

I don't usually like tall guys. I feel self consious about my height and like I have to wear heels all the time, that we look silly together and I would have to go on tiptoes to kiss him. But my boyfriend is 5ft11...I like him, that's all that matters really.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Kermit wrote: »
    There's a fine line between shallowness and not.

If you're dating and you don't find someone attractive then the relationship isn't going to go anywhere. Fact of life. But if you are being ridiculously picky, and you're not giving people any chance, then you probably are being picky. If you think a guy's great but he's an inch too short, so you chuck him, then you are being shallow, but if you don't click with someone AND he's too short then you're not.

:yes: hit nail on head.
  • Options
    I've been out with people the same height/shorter than me and whilst I wouldn't not go out with them because of their height, it has made me feel a little self conscious when I've worn heals and the likes.

I don't think it's shallow to say it and try and make your choices that way. However,if the situation arose where you really liked someone but wouldn't go out with them because they were shorter then that is shallow.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    I don't think it's shallow. But if you met someone and they were really good looking, funny, etc, and you clicked with them, things like height would probably stop being an issue.

:yes:
  • Options
    I only really fancy tall guys - but if I did fancy someone shorter than me (doubt it but you never know) then I would let the height difference slip.
  • Options
    I find women shorter than me cute. Makes me wanna hug and protect 'em and make them feel tall if they already don't.
  • Options
    Some things matter to people more than others...just how it is really. If it really annoys you that much then stay clear as the effect on you will probaby get to them eventually. However, I reckon if you feelings are genuinely real for someone then somethign like that won't bother you at all. No one is perfect.