Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why I hate Journalists...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote: »
    I actually see that article as pretty fair.

That so many of the suspects are doctors or have worked for the NHS is significant and a little shocking. According to Wednesday's papers some cleric had warned more than a year ago about the infiltration of our healthcare system. The NHS angle is significant and newsworthy- and indeed reflected on most of Wednesday's papers. Only someone a bit paranoid or with an axe to grind could possibly read anything else into the article.

Question is "what can we do about it?"

Ask every applicant whether they are a terrorist? You cannot even link this to "Foreign" doctors wither because the 7/7 attacked were carried out by British born terrorists.

It's a chance to bash the NHS, or at least it's being used a chance to bash NHS recruitment policy which is no different to anyone else's.
  • Options
    I'm more angry about the Kraut filth sat outside the house of a 12-year-old girl, who has (allegedly) been raped by a German teenager. The fuckers, to a man, should be gassed.
  • Options
    Don't know what you're referring to. Can you post a link?
  • Options
    It was in the Metro this morning, but I can't find an online link, unfortunately (I tried google before I posted).

Basically a German 17-year-old boy has been accused of raping a 12-year-old girl in Turkey, and the German journalists are camped outside her house. They're even trying to pose as education officers to get access to her personal academic records. They're scum and they want hanging.
  • Options
    Sorry to drag this thread up again, just fucking scumbag media pukes have been at it again

Queen Story

Seriously, what no earth possessed the editor to fabricate the story like this, why didn;t the BBC check it before showing it to the print media and why the fuck won;t they just admit that someone deliberately did this instead of claiming "human error"?
  • Options
    Seriously, what no earth possessed the editor to fabricate the story like this, why didn;t the BBC check it before showing it to the print media and why the fuck won;t they just admit that someone deliberately did this instead of claiming "human error"?
    At work earlier, one of the guys had bought a copy of The Sun. Whilst on my lunch break, I flicked through it and noticed the front page was dedicated to this, along with two pages inside. This on the grounds a woman allegedly walked out of a room?

As for why the BBC won't admit it, the Beeb is one of the most arrogant institutions that exists in the UK today. They never admit to getting anything wrong.
  • Options
    Since the headline 'I kicked burning terrorist so hard in balls i tore tendon in my foot', I think i have a bit of faith left in journalism yet :p
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    This on the grounds a woman allegedly walked out of a room?

"woman?

You are talking about our Head of State, someone who is supposed not to get into hissy fits about something like this - and indeed didn't. The suggestion that she walked off in a huff at one of her subjects is bad enough and she would rightly be condemned for it.

The BBC has, in effect, libelled the Head of State. That's a big story...
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    True. Reuters did win an award.

Did YOU actually READ that link? Because Reuters does not toe a pro-Israeli line, you agree with the the article that Reuters is biased? Are you pro-Israel then - and do not agree with any reporting that the killing of Palestinians by Israel is acceptable?

And once again, you consider this one accusation means the whole agency uses biased reporting??? Considering that Reuters is desperately trying to make it big in the US, why would they 'lie' and use inflammatory pro-Palestinian stories if it was all about making money and dishonest reporting?

Due, you really don't have a case.
  • Options
    Question is "what can we do about it?"

Ask every applicant whether they are a terrorist? You cannot even link this to "Foreign" doctors wither because the 7/7 attacked were carried out by British born terrorists.

I work for a member of the Scottish Parliament, and we have to fill out a security questionnaire. One of the questions used to be "Have you ever worked to try to overthrow the government" to which opposition party members would have to say "yes". They eventually changed it to something about overthrowing the government by undemocratic means or violence.

It would be difficult to know where to stop with this though - if you drew up a questionnaire for NHS staff, you'd also have to draw one up for people who work in train stations, shopping centres, large offices, etc. Or maybe they'll ask us that in the application for our biometric ID cards. I'm not sure it's likely they'd get a truthful answer though!
  • Options
    Sorry to drag this thread up again, just fucking scumbag media pukes have been at it again

Queen Story

They are claiming that the story was given out in error - but surely the more interesting question is - why did they make this tape at all?
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    They are claiming that the story was given out in error - but surely the more interesting question is - why did they make this tape at all?

The tape itself was paer of a trailer for their autumn shows.

The question for me was why edit it like that in the first place and that's why I think that the whole thing was a deliberate attempt to show the Queen in a negative light.

You can be damned sure that if this hadn't blown up in such a fashion, over the last couple of days, then the programme would have contained this very extract...

I think that once again this brings the whole "sexed up" story to the fore again. The BBC seem to be quite happy to edit things to sensationalise the story and of course most media outlets do that... hence why I hate them. Truth and fact are irrelevant, the story is what's important.
  • Options
    Incidentally MoK, I never received an answer from the BBC from that complaint I made ''on your behalf'' about the NHS poll.

No doubt lack of time due to the constant the flood of comments and suggestions the BBC receives has prevented them from answering me so far ;)
  • Options
    The BBC is found guilty, yet again, of fraud and fabrication, and still people defend it as a "cultural beacon" that should be paid for by fear and extortion.

And if I don't pay these cunts, I go to prison. Can someone explain the justice in that, because I don't see it.
  • Options
    What took you so long? :p;)
  • Options
    Hell it's not as if commercial organisation have done it too... :p
  • Options
    I expect better from BBC than ITN, same as I expect better morals from the Met than Securicor and better from the NHS than BUPA...
  • Options
    And to fuel the flames still further...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6240000/newsid_6243700/6243760.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm

They swopped two scenes round, the call from the HMT press officer asking for the journo to be checked out was made before she introduced herself.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/07/16/nbbc116.xml

According to the BBC the changes made no difference to the story, which seems a very interesting spin in itself...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2007/07/putting_things_in_order.html
  • Options
    Completely different story but another demonstration of journalistic underhandedness.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/badscience/

This guys column is great, I recommend it to everyone.......
  • Options
    There's a website too - http://www.badscience.net/