Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Official Insomniacs Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i havent found temazies useful for sleep really unless mixed with a beer or two (not really recommended)

zopiclone are good sleepers but you only really have about a half hour 'window' with them to get asleep, you need to go to bed about half an hour after taking them and making sure you mind isnt active (reading, tv, etc) and you should be fine.. after around an hour they arent going to work properly

if you take a few zopiclone and don't sleep they can actually get very trippy, with strange hallucinations and cause quite a bit of confusion .. someone here try it as ive heard several reports of people seeing 'spiders' on them.. it happened to me too so im curious!

and seroquel.. the sleeper that saved me from a conviction :D .. ive had limited expierence with the stuff and its been mixed with either alcohol or other stuff.. two things i noticed was complete leglessness and the most fucked up dreams ever (i had some sort of fucked up out of body expierence.. madness!)

the thing about sleepers is that the morning after taking them you still feel really really tired and groggy when trying to get up .. possibly even more so than if you've only had a few hours sleep .. so depending on what way you look at it they could be a waste of time .. but if you're able to force yourself to get up and stay awake your body will benefit from having a good nights rest for once!

good luck anyhow - insomnia is a demon :impissed:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Our house has steps of -10 stealth for sneaking out, which is annoying for fag breaks. GAH.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    Our house has steps of -10 stealth for sneaking out

:lol:
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    zopiclone are good sleepers but you only really have about a half hour 'window' with them to get asleep, you need to go to bed about half an hour after taking them and making sure you mind isnt active (reading, tv, etc) and you should be fine.. after around an hour they arent going to work properly

if you take a few zopiclone and don't sleep they can actually get very trippy, with strange hallucinations and cause quite a bit of confusion .. someone here try it as ive heard several reports of people seeing 'spiders' on them.. it happened to me too so im curious!

te he, I aibn't gonna be your guinea pig! lol. the mate I got some off told me to make sure I was lying in a sleeping environment, then swallow and close eyes- it's a weird kind sleep coz u don't move or anything, but it's better than this. Ones I had were 3.75s, only ones I can get mi fingers on now iz 7.5s. Dunno whether to try 'em or not because doubling the dosage seems a bit dodgy. *sigh*

Anyway, here I am, signing in for the insomniacs thread. I have nowt to say but dum de dum de dah! Twiddle my fucking fingers.

I do wish my neighbour's garden security light were working though, I just put mi washing out in the dark and that sucks. Usually I just jump and wave and wait for the illuminations. Might mention it to him tomorrow, in case he doesn't know they're out. Neighbours are quite handy.

hmm, what else. I just put my plastic and aluminium recycling out, but realised (by the neighbour's bags) that I've put it all in the paper coloured bin bags- shit for brains- so I wonder if they'll take 'em away. Tis also glass week. Put out mi glass bottles and there's a broken drinking glass in there too- hmm, wonder if that was supposed to go in there?

la la la, I'm not winnie the pooh but I wish I were.
  • Options
    dum dum dah
    dum dum de da de da
    dum dum de da de da
    um da da da

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD4G7OIVg5A
  • Options
    that was fun.
  • Options
    katralla your quality :lol: Where you from?
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Ones I had were 3.75s, only ones I can get mi fingers on now iz 7.5s. Dunno whether to try 'em or not because doubling the dosage seems a bit dodgy. *sigh*

7.5mg is the normal adult dose for Zopiclone.
  • Options
    bump...