Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Official Insomniacs Thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm up, awake, again!

I've gotten myself some mad sleeping patterns of late. I know I'm not the only one ;) Big Bro lives a life saver! Anyone stuck to it like I am at the mo? :shocking:

Comments

• Options
    I go to bed at 4 AM and sleep until 5 PM and I'm fine.
  • Options
    I go to bed at 4 AM and sleep until 5 PM and I'm fine.

Really? Dont you have to get up early? Seems when it comes to the holidays I cant help get right fucking lazy!
  • Options
    My sleeping pattern is fucked at the moment, even when I'm not going out, I'm awake til like 4am, then I sleep til 2pm or later. Then when I have work or go out on a bender, things get even more messed up.

Hell, I don't even know what the fucking day is.
  • Options
    Pah. I'm getting up at 7.45 for work at 9, going to bed at 11pm... and then either laying awake for a good 4 hours (as i did on sunday night), or waking up at about 5am (which i did last night).

This makes me angry.
  • Options
    I need some sleeping pills...do you need to get them presribed?
  • Options
    Box wrote: »
    Really? Dont you have to get up early? Seems when it comes to the holidays I cant help get right fucking lazy!

Nope. I live with my bf right now, and I don't have a car or license, so I can't really go anywhere. And I'm taking summer courses for college, but they're all at night, so he takes me then when he gets home from work. So it works.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I need some sleeping pills...do you need to get them presribed?

for anything decent but they're only useful as a short term fix, to try and bang your sleeping pattern back into shape.. last thing you want is dependance on the things :no:

im a seriously terrible sleeper, but ive been good over the last few days thanks to being out working and having to get up early, lets just see how long it lasts!
  • Options
    I can't get to sleep but then can't get up :grump:
  • Options
    I go to sleep at about 4am-5am then up at about 8am for work.

From about 1am till I go to sleep are the most boring hours ever - everyone I knows asleep, nobody on MsN, Crap TV.. Boredom!!

Going out is ten times more fucked up, but at least I'm doing something then.
  • Options
    My sleeping pattern's all over the shop just now.

I wasn't sleeping until after 5AM the other night, woke up at 10AM and that was me through until 3AM the next night - no partying etc. :nervous:

Last night I KO'd after 3AM I think it was and I was up at 8AM - I'm heavy cream crackered the now. I'm fighting the sleep as I NEEEEEEEED to get the sleep back on order, know? :(
  • Options
    Its the Holidays! I get groggy, and out of sorts with reality! Its like, boredom tires me out. I'll be honest I do sweet FA when I come home from uni, bar the odd drink down the pub with mates and night out at the weekend but the weeks seem to draaag. I'm only half way through the first week, theres seven and half left! :lol:

I worked before I started university, I started at 9 finished at 6. I got home and by about ten or eleven pm I was out of it absolutely nakered, fast asleep. Not anymore. I guess you need some structure to get it all together. Might sign up at the gym again tomorrow. Spend a few hours in there a day like I used to.

Never tried sleeping tabs. They good? Can I get high?
  • Options
    Never tried sleeping tabs. They good? Can I get high?

JUNKIIIIIIIE!

:razz:
  • Options
    :banghead:

I WANT SOME F****** PILLS! I NEED EM!

:)
  • Options
    Nah, they're crap. I had temazepam for a while (which my nurse friend finds amazing, apparently they're really hard to get hold of?) and i just got a really bad 'hangover' and they didn't really help.

I've got some zopiclone(?) at the moment (i think - i may have made that up actually, they're in my car and they might be for something entirely different) and i've not tried them yet. Might give them a shot tonight.
  • Options
    I like zopiclone, buy some of that sometimes. Don't have any tonight, so here I am, signing in for the insomniacs thread.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i am here too, but I dont think it will be for much longer, nowt seems to be going on round these parts at the mo!
  • Options
    not much eh? la la la. la la la. dum de dah. I am winnie the pooh.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    katralla wrote: »
    I am winnie the pooh.

Then I am tigger! :hyper:

*bounce bounce bounce*
  • Options
    not much eh? la la la. la la la. dum de dah. I am winnie the pooh.

The randomness stinks off female-nesses. :)
  • Options
    Nah, they're crap. I had temazepam for a while (which my nurse friend finds amazing, apparently they're really hard to get hold of?) and i just got a really bad 'hangover' and they didn't really help.

I've got some zopiclone(?) at the moment (i think - i may have made that up actually, they're in my car and they might be for something entirely different) and i've not tried them yet. Might give them a shot tonight.

Temazepam wasn't that great for me, I was still awake and woke early. Same thing with Zopiclone. I give up.
  • Options
    I like zopiclone, buy some of that sometimes. Don't have any tonight, so here I am, signing in for the insomniacs thread.

What do you mean you "buy" it sometimes? Don't you get a prescription for it?
  • Options
    I'm a lad an all that, I'll do a few drugs, but sleeping tables are a bit of a taboo. Dont mean to worry any of you, but I'm pretty supersticious about things I either dont understand or havent tried before. Sleeping tablets. Imagine falling asleep and never waking up again. Fucks me right over.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    What do you mean you "buy" it sometimes? Don't you get a prescription for it?

Must be nice ;)

I could go with something... anything. Drinks just dont' cut it anymore :p

I'm not an insomniac. I'll go to sleep as soon as my head hits a pillow, or anything pillow like. Doesn't even have to be soft. I'm just on a different time zone and very lifeless.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I want a fucking fat joint. It's great to have a J before bed.

I am tempted to just go out for a fucking fag now tbh. Go wander the streets at 3am for a smoke.

But I also don't want to wake my mum up and have her all "what are you doing?" Might be time for a crafty fag out the back door.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    I want a fucking fat joint. It's great to have a J before bed.

I am tempted to just go out for a fucking fag now tbh. Go wander the streets at 3am for a smoke.

But I also don't want to wake my mum up and have her all "what are you doing?" Might be time for a crafty fag out the back door.

Ha, I'm nipping out the BD for a quick fag constantly. Tip-toeing round , closing the door quietly, soes not to arouse suspicion.

Wouldn't walk the streets round here though, I'd end up getting shot!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ha, I'm nipping out the BD for a quick fag constantly. Tip-toeing round , closing the door quietly, soes not to arouse suspicion.

Wouldn't walk the streets round here though, I'd end up getting shot!

Haha! It's fun in Manc eh? It's not exactally safe here though... at any time. You got to know which areas to walk round and not...

Unfortunatley I live in not the best area.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote: »
    Haha! It's fun in Manc eh? It's not exactally safe here though... at any time. You got to know which areas to walk round and not...

Unfortunatley I live in not the best area.

It is! Its rough in places, smooth in others! Thats what makes the place so dynamic! Fucking love the place! I know for fact ;) its a city on the up anyway, one surpassing any other outside London, and people living in the city should be proud and expect big things for the future!

Anyone interested in Manchester or the place they live should visit the site below and its sub forums!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=335
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Temazepam wasn't that great for me, I was still awake and woke early. Same thing with Zopiclone. I give up.

Yeah, that was what I found with the temazepam as well. Haven't tried the zopiclone yet, although if i don't start getting some decent sleep soon i may have to :banghead:
  • Options
    i've had terrible insomnia for years. my psychiatrist's prescribed me with ativan (lorazepam) and seroquel (quetiapine). taking just 25mg (minimum dose) of seroquel throughout the day is enough to knock you out for many people. i take 125mg at night, even that isn't very much, but it helps slow down my thoughts. and i take 2mg of ativan (2 tablets) which helps calm me down.

talk to your doctor about it, i don't know what i would do without my sleeping meds, i know it's a bit of an extreme measure but if NOTHING else works (i've tried everything else, including naturopathic medication), then it's really worth talking to your doctor about it.
  • Options
    i've had terrible insomnia for years. my psychiatrist's prescribed me with ativan (lorazepam) and seroquel (quetiapine). taking just 25mg (minimum dose) of seroquel throughout the day is enough to knock you out for many people. i take 125mg at night, even that isn't very much, but it helps slow down my thoughts. and i take 2mg of ativan (2 tablets) which helps calm me down.

talk to your doctor about it, i don't know what i would do without my sleeping meds, i know it's a bit of an extreme measure but if NOTHING else works (i've tried everything else, including naturopathic medication), then it's really worth talking to your doctor about it.

Sounds like you are on the road to a full blown benzo addiction, I would talk very carefully with your doctor about whether this is going to be a long term thing.