Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

fucktards on ebay...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone ever bid on something without properly looking at feedback & item description? In retrospect I shouldn't have bidded, but anyway...

Bidded on a phone , price was £50ish + £10 postage.

While i'm at the pub, Seller sends me messages:

Seller "can you pay asap so i can post it to you because im going to go on holiday so can u pay asap plz and thank you"
Seller "so when are you going to pay me for the phone then mate"
Seller "when are you going to pay for the item mate"

I reply the morning after to tell him i'll paypal him the next day (As i'm waiting for some cheques to clear...

Seller "ok thank gud u be quick because am bit buzy these dayz and a dont want u 2 keep on waiting for ur d600"

Meanwhile, I notice that the cheeky fucker has doubled the postage from £10 to £20 (I *nearly* didnt notice).

Anyway, I mail him back...

Me "It would speed things up if you could invoice me with the correct amount, the postage charge is £10 , and not £20 as per your invoice"

He replies..

Seller "am charging £20 postage because it fast and quicker 4 me 2 handle and that it is £20 altogether any where so could u plz pay quickly"

---

So anyway, I look back at the auction and now i'm kinda worried. I dont like how he brings up 'scamming' in his auction, and I dont like the fact that he appears to be in a big rush to get his money. or that he's used a stock picture for his auction

So what would you guys do? :(

Comments

• Options
    If he's changed the postage price then he's broken the contract you entered into, and as such, I'd tell him where to post his phone to.
  • Options
    The postage was stated as £10 in the auction, he cant change it now.

Report his ass to eBay.
  • Options
    Tell him to fuck off, even £10 is extortionate for postage. He's breaking Ebay's rules by upping the postage after the auction had ended.
  • Options
    Leigh's just said (he's a bit of an Ebay whizz), report him NOW before he gets a chance to report you . :)
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Leigh's just said (he's a bit of an Ebay whizz), report him NOW before he gets a chance to report you . :)

Could you ask Leigh where abouts that is? I can only see options to report people for 'Item not recieved or not as described' ?
  • Options
    2 ticks i'll go ask :)
  • Options
    There should be a 'contact us' link on your account home page.
  • Options
    Ah even better, here's a direct link to report abuses r.e. postage costs.

go to this page and use the "report" link at bottom of page

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-shipping.html
  • Options
    fantastic :) thankyou.

edit: reported the listing for excessive postage, but it's an automated system so i likely won't get a response. also it doesnt take into account the (weird) fact that a seller can change the postage after the auction has closed.

hopefully they'll take down the auction and i wont have to pay :P. He seems a bit dodge anyway.
  • Options
    Always a pleasure :D
  • Options
    I think this one might be a little more appropriate:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-surcharges.html

Just gave him a triple whammy :)

reported for excessive postage costs, surcharge policy, AND filled in a contact sheet for "Seller asked for additional fees after listing ended"

That should be him sorted then :)
  • Options
    I wouldnt pay it. Hes got such a low feedback anyway (and his feedback is all from sellers - this is the first thing hes sold) that its going to be no skin off his nose if he has to open a new account. Even if he did give you one bad feedback, you could get it removed fairly easily because hes breached the contract first, but even if he didnt. Youve got a decent reason and you can reply to feedback. You could say "con artist tried to double postage AFTER item closed". Youve got enough good feedback that most people would overlook that one neg.
  • Options
    I wouldnt pay it. Hes got such a low feedback anyway (and his feedback is all from sellers - this is the first thing hes sold) that its going to be no skin off his nose if he has to open a new account. Even if he did give you one bad feedback, you could get it removed fairly easily because hes breached the contract first, but even if he didnt. Youve got a decent reason and you can reply to feedback. You could say "con artist tried to double postage AFTER item closed". Youve got enough good feedback that most people would overlook that one neg.

Yeah i'm very reluctant to pay it anyway. I already have 2 neg feedbacks for non paying though (I went through a phase of bidding on things and then changing my mind) so a third might get me banned? Eitherway i'm pretty sure I can get any negative comments removed from my record, as he's been the first to break the contract
  • Options
    My mate bid on something once and then said he made a mistake, after the auction ended the bloke got funny so (lol) he left him bad feedback. The bloke then phoned him up and said he would come down and beat him up if he didn't remove the bad comment :lol:
  • Options
    I've just had a look on Royal Mail's webby and a Special Delivery next day (1pm) parcel, that's tracked and insured up to £500 is £4.75p, so you'll definitely be able to have him over excessive postage charges.
  • Options
    I got scammed once, he sent me a broken mouse (it was 'refurbished' but it was smashed up inside - rattled), charged me £15 to send it, then I had to pay £4 to send it back!

Left him negative feedback :D

But yea, at the end of the day it's your money and even if you've agreed to pay as long as you hold onto it they can't do anything. Distance selling regulations and all that ;).
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I got scammed once, he sent me a broken mouse (it was 'refurbished' but it was smashed up inside - rattled), charged me £15 to send it, then I had to pay £4 to send it back!

I remember you moaning about that :p
  • Options
    noog wrote: »
    Yeah i'm very reluctant to pay it anyway. I already have 2 neg feedbacks for non paying though (I went through a phase of bidding on things and then changing my mind) so a third might get me banned? Eitherway i'm pretty sure I can get any negative comments removed from my record, as he's been the first to break the contract

I dont think theyd just ban you. File a dispute first. Your non payment was years ago so it should be fine.
  • Options
    You should'nt of gone for a D600 :p Go for the Newer one! D900 is it?
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote: »
    You should'nt of gone for a D600 :p Go for the Newer one! D900 is it?

I have a k800i personally. I only bought the d600 because it's a cheap peice of shit, which i can lend to my cousin who needs a phone at the moment :)
  • Options
    got a message from ebay:
    Thank you for letting us know about this seller "shazadidres" who's
    asking for additional postage fees for the mobile phone (item
    250131376741). I'm happy to assist you further with this.

I sincerely appreciate your initiative and vigilance in bringing this to
    our attention. I assure you that we take reports of members breaking our
    rules very seriously.

and another message from the seller:
    when are you going to pay for the item mate u said today

:lol:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    got a message from ebay:

and another message from the seller:

:lol:

Give me his number, let me have some fun ;)

But seriouslu, just got to Carphone Warehouse in future! :p
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    But seriouslu, just got to Carphone Warehouse in future! :p

carphone is shit, i use o2 online for my contract, but like i said, i only wanted a cheapish second hander to lend :P
  • Options
    update
    Subtotal: £52.15

Postage and packaging via Seller's Standard Rate:
    £12.00

pay within 7 days.pay me now thank u

Sigh, £12 is still £2 more than was agreed. is this guy retarded or what?
  • Options
    Is he actauly using text lingo?

I Think if you do that on ebay it shows your age.. *cough* I speak with full english:)

So your obvis. dealing with a complete fool Using his Parents Ebay account!
  • Options
    I was scam once by someone with 100% positive feedback on hundreds of sales - was on a mobile phone case and he did a runner and left about 50 people in the lurch - silly sod should have simply sold his eBay ID or something cos his feedback until then was really good.

Got my money back via PayPal.
  • Options
    anyone ever bid on something without properly looking at feedback & item description? In retrospect I shouldn't have bidded, but anyway...

Bidded on a phone , price was £50ish + £10 postage.

For myself one big no no is the fact that photo ain't of the actual item - might be acceptable if the guy has 20 things all the same to sell and all brand new - but if it's a used phone I would expect them to take a photo of it themselves - even if it's a crappy one from a mobile phone.
  • Options
    I find you get the best deals on ebay on 'shady looking' auctions. Especially ones that end at bad times. Because of distance selling regulations you're always within your rights to send it back, and thus far except for the mouse which was from a reputable (?) company on ebay, i've not had something go wrong.
  • Options
    Surely making the statement "no Nigerian scammers" should get someone banned from E-bay? You see it so much on there now though.

The feedback before you was also negative too.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Surely making the statement "no Nigerian scammers" should get someone banned from E-bay? You see it so much on there now though.

The feedback before you was also negative too.

If you've ever sold a phone on ebay you'd understand, I had a phone i was selling and everytime i listed it, some guy would win the auction, then demand to use an escrow system so that his sister/father/son could get the phone. It's truely a pain in the ass.