Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Are you crazy about your partner?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Hmm. I would suggest that maybe the feelings aren't all there? I know what you mean- Ive felt the same in previous relationships and in my experience when you start feeling like that its time to call it quits.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    When I am away from my boyfriend I miss him terribly, and couldnt imagine 2 weeks without him and being ok with it. I speak to him with about 3 phonecalls during the day and numerous text messages as well.

But as well as my boyfriend he is my best friend, and must be informed of every aspect of my life, from, "oh dear, I have bumped the car" to "I have just been to get some milk."

I have to agree with Dobbin, perhaps you arent experiencing all the feelings. It sounds like he is more like a friend. You need to decide if it is something you think you can work on, and if not, then it is best not to lead him on really.
  • Options
    Yup. Who wouldn't be? :love:

I definitely get what you're saying about the more muted feelings and attitude to the relationship maybe being a more grown up way of feeling. I know in the past I've gone arse over tit and been completely swamped in thoughts of them and found it difficult to manage my feelings/time/emotions because I've been so utterly... involved. So in that sense I feel like it's not necessarily a bad thing to be desperately longing for them when you don't see them for a week or something. I think there does come a point where a lot of people become able to balance their interest in your other half/feelings for them with the rest of your life and with thoughts of other things. If that makes sense. I guess it just depends if you're looking for level-headed love or wild, crazy love. They both have advantages, it's definitely food for thought.

That said, it's definitely important to feel a yearning to see them and spend time with them. If you'd as soon see your mates or family members then maybe that does say something about the attachment you have to him and what his role is in your life. If you're not bothered one way or the other about seeing him weekly or whatever then maybe something is up. Alternatively, if you don't see him all that frequently then it could just be that you haven't had the time to develop those strong feelings... or that you're in fact holding back a bit because you know it's not one of those 'all or nothing', star-crossed lover type deals. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you feel there is potential for your feelings to develop further, and you aren't starting to feel the wanderlust and want to be back out playing the field again.

I get where you're coming from, though, I've felt like this in the past... for what it's worth it always has developed into something stronger.
  • Options
    I'm in a LDR and i'm so used to it that i don't feel the need to send loads of texts (he's usually too busy at work to reply anyway) but we have 1 or 2 phone conversations most days. I do miss him but i'm so used to it that i don't pine to be near him all the time. I suppose i'm just used to missing him. Whenever he leaves or I leave i get really emotional though.
  • Options
    i'm crazy about him, and increasingly so, but somehow he's the only person who keeps my feet on the ground. Kinda paradoxical but it works for us :love:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Hubby is currently away and has been on and off for a while. And I miss him like crazy. Sleeping, and night time, is the worst as the bed feels empty.
  • Options
    absolutely.
    I hate being apart from him for long.
  • Options
    I miss her when I'm away or she's away, but I don't sit at the window pining or anything.

I do always get her to ring when she gets where she's going, otherwise I'd worry that she'd been killed/raped/abducted by aliens/become a Leeds fan/other.

It's nice to get all the quilt for once :D
  • Options
    Same as Kermy. If he's away for a night or two i miss him, even worry sometimes, but i'm not gonna stand by the pond with a lantern and flowing black cloak doing a French lieutenants woman type thing.
  • Options
    She's certainly driven me crazy over the years...
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    II'd worry that she'd been become a Leeds fan/other.
    :D
  • Options
    Yes and yes. I can't help but smile when I see him, even if I was pissed off beforehand. I don't need to be with him every second of every day, but I like to be near him as often as possible, even if he's on the computer and I'm in bed reading a book - he's still there.

I suppose I do get grumpy if I'm not seeing him for a few days, but I'm always in a good mood as soon as I do see him.
  • Options
    The first time I met my last girlfriend was back when I worked in the shops on park. She was 18 years old and living away from home for the first time. She'd not done much grocery shopping before, and was asking me one or two questions about what type of milk she needed to buy. Normally, such a conversation wouldn't stay in my mind for five minutes. But not with her. There was something about her that I'd never seen in any woman before. Before long, I was besotted with her.

Before we got together, I'd spoken about my future plans. (I was due to be off in Bristol that year, and she was going back to her hometown of Manchester the end of season) We did have some doubts getting together as to how that would work. That didn't spoil our enjoyment, though. I was absolutely crazy about her. Everything I did and everything that happened, she was the first person I told. We saw each other practically every single day, and I was getting plenty of messages late at night saying "I miss you" when I wasn't there.

It was all great. Until, that is, I came back to her place one night after work and found her shagging another bloke. That put a dampener on things, and the relationship was over. I've since forgiven her for doing that, but the chance of us getting back together is zero. Shame - we had something good going.
  • Options
    Yes, I miss her so much.

Means the absolute world to me, and however shit work or other stuff gets, knowing she's my girlfriend helps me get through. I care about her so much, not even in a selfish wanting her to be mione way, but in a wondering what she's doing and hoping she's safe way too.

Seeing her in like 10 hours though :hyper:
  • Options
    I do miss him when I dont see him for a while but I dont phone and text him all the time when we're apart, it's good to have a bit of time apart everynow and again. Saying that though, in the 6 years we've been together I think the most we've been apart for is about a week.

He works nightshift every few weeks and I enjoy having the bed to myself and sleeping like a starfish :D