Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How To Look Good Naked

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I love Gok Wan! That said, he'd never get me in those stupid leggings

Comments

• Options
    He's great!
  • Options
    He is totally wonderful, I would love a mini talking Gok to carry around in my bag "you have super breasticles", "my girl is looking great today" ah he is so brilliant!
  • Options
    I love him, he is quite fit as well :blush: I've actually applied to be on the next series...so fingers crossed! You may see me on channel 4 strutting my naked stuff and boobs everywhere!
  • Options
    thevandahl wrote: »
    I love him, he is quite fit as well :blush: I've actually applied to be on the next series...so fingers crossed! You may see me on channel 4 strutting my naked stuff and boobs everywhere!
    Good luck!
    I love his style.
  • Options
    they should have a little self esteem boosting doll of gok!

he really really should write a book, with good tips...

i really want to get some magic knickers, and a waist cincher....
  • Options
    Hmmm I'm really not keen on him
  • Options
    they should have a little self esteem boosting doll of gok!

he really really should write a book, with good tips...

i really want to get some magic knickers, and a waist cincher....
    There is a book http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Look-Good-Naked-Amazing/dp/0007250355/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/202-5579010-1507813?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181678252&sr=8-1
  • Options
    It's a great programme. There's been quite a few programmes lately along the same lines, but I always think the people don't look that different or the tips aren't that great. But Lucy tonight looked soo different and pretty in her final photo! What a self-esteem booster!

I'd love to have a day with him, don't think I'd want quite to bare all on TV :blush: , but I'd love to do all that.
  • Options
    He'd be great to go shopping with.
  • Options
    I want to apply to be on the next series...how do you do it? I've got to the page that says apply by phoning or email...what on earth do you say in an email?

You just send them an email which I don't think they read and automatically send you an application form. This is the bit where they want your personallity to show through. You can fill it in and send back through email but you need to include photos of yourself in your underwear too!
  • Options
    Id love to go on but i dont think i could face the catwalk, although i guess that is his aim! I love tuesday nights simply for this programme, you can sit with a cuppa and some biscuits and not feel guilty haha

And yes he has recently brough a book out.

Al hail the Gok!
  • Options
    My mum just got his book. I prefer him to trinny and suzannah - he's not as patronising.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Hmmm I'm really not keen on him
    Nah me either.
  • Options
    i love him, and his glasses.
  • Options
    He's so cool. I'd love for my mum to go on that programme, it would do wonders for her.
  • Options
    foxysoxy wrote: »
    i love him, and his glasses.
    His glasses are great. I have a similar pair to what he wears :D
  • Options
    Always makes me wish I had a need for glasses. Curse me and my bloody perfect eyesight!
  • Options
    What a girlie thread .. the blokes have stayed well clear! ;)
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    What a girlie thread .. the blokes have stayed well clear! ;)

bet they havent! I bet plenty of them didnt know we were on about a tv show and clicked on the topic haha
  • Options
    the fucks it all about anyway?
  • Options
    I don't like him, he's trying too hard to play the "every girl need s a gay best friend" card and making a pretty penny out of stating the obvious.
  • Options
    Stargalaxy enters this particularly feminine thread. Tread carefully, SG...

Oddly enough, I've actually watched that show a couple of times. It's usually on the telly when I come home from work on a Tuesday evening, so I tend to sit down and watch it whilst eating my dinner. Firstly, I wonder whether a good rating on the product tests will improve sales for the actual products? Secondly, of all the women that I've seen on that show, none of them seemed to have anything "wrong" with their bodies. They just seem like normal women with normal bodies, who look far better than they give themselves credit for. The one on last night (Lucy, I think her name was) was gorgeous and the pictures at the end were divine.

I find it rather refreshing, seeing women become more confident about their bodies. I hate it when women complain "oh, I'm fat" or "oh, I really don't like my body", when there's clearly nothing to complain about. I think Go Kwan is a good man, and far preferable to the utterly ghastly Trinny and Susannah, who are on ITV at the same time.

Also, I think any man would happily swap positions with Gok Wan. Well, I wouldn't turn down a job where I could order women to take their clothes off!
  • Options
    wtf
  • Options
    I saw it once, my housemate had it on TV when i was talking to her about something in my room.

NAKED WOMEN BEFORE THE WATERSHED?

My monacle popped out in shock i tell you.
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    I saw it once, my housemate had it on TV when i was talking to her about something in my room.

NAKED WOMEN BEFORE THE WATERSHED?

My monacle popped out in shock i tell you.

:lol::lol::lol: POTW!
  • Options
    i love him! he makes real women feel fantastic and i think its an extreamly good thing. The dove campaigns cool aswell almost every woman i know has body issues and i think we need to address that not everybody has to be the same we're all unique and have a choice to express that in body, clothes or whatever

P.s Cool's a bit of a habit word so you might see it a lot from me :)
  • Options
    I love Gok Wan! That show always make me feel amazig about myself. Can't wait for another season :)

I don't like Trinny and Suzanne, they have no training, just rich people who are trying to make a show. Go Gok!
  • Options
    Yeah, Gok Wan is so much better at it than trinny and susannah. They've sort of become boring now, and Gok is so much more interesting and heart warming - T&S are cold.

I'd love to go on HTLGN. Need some Gok-loving lol.
  • Options
    I do like the programme, BUT there is never anyone with real body issues on there. I am talking serious cellulite, red stretch marks, really obese. They are just ordinary women.

It also annoys me that it's supposed to be about making you look good naked as you are, but then they always lose quite a bit of weight before doing the shoot.

I'd love to go on it though. I never know what sort of clothes would be flattering to me.

The other thing that is silly is that he says women shouldn't have plain, practical underwear. It should either be sexy or functional (ie nude coloured and squeezing you in). I am willing to bet that most women on a day to day basis just wear plain knickers as they are comfortable and look ok.
  • Options
    None of my underwear is as ugly as the stuff he throws away (shreds/burns etc). It is possible to have pretty underwear that's also functional.