Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kids keep pulling our hedge apart

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Perhaps a good start would be learning to show other people's property a bit of respect?
    But its hardly the worlds worst crime really is it? I doubt they are wrecking the hedge because they dont like the people that live there anyway, its likely that they just have the right hight and style of hedge to jump over/on
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    But its hardly the worlds worst crime really is it? I doubt they are wrecking the hedge because they dont like the people that live there anyway, its likely that they just have the right hight and style of hedge to jump over/on

:yes: Our neighbours used to have the perfect size hedge for hurdling and jumping over. Shame it had holes in it so the neighbours decided to replace it with some cactus style prickly bushes.
  • Options
    icey wrote: »

I know they could be doing worse, but now we have big gaps that they've ripped out and chunks are hanging off, which is going to take weeks to grow back. It's more lack of respect and annoyingness. The hedge is about 6ft high ontop of the wall so they're not actually climbing up it - just ripping bits out.
  • Options
    I've no idea tbh. We had a problem with kids pressing the bell and running off last year, until i chased them down road like a mad thing. Not seen 'em since

thats not entirely advisable, unless you're able to actually scare them they'll keep doing it, knowing they're going to get a rise out of you..
    and for the record, i used to go hedge hoping as a lad also. There are worse things they could be doing

who didn't ;)
  • Options
    When it happened a few years ago my dad waited behind the hedge and chucked a bucket of water over them - don't think we'll get away with that now though.

And your dad didn't get charged with assault? ;)
  • Options
    Fill the bush with barbed wire, bear traps, fibre glass, razor blades etc. They'll soon regret messin with it!
  • Options
    All kids go 'garden hoppin' at some point :D lol

At least we did, lots :p lol