Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kids keep pulling our hedge apart

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This last week or so we've noticed parts of the hedge have got gaps and are coming away. It's not growing funny because it happened over night and there's some on our neighbours hedge too. There's a group of kids that hang about on the road outside so i'm assuming it's them. How do we go about actually stopping them though? When it happened a few years ago my dad waited behind the hedge and chucked a bucket of water over them - don't think we'll get away with that now though. I'm worried that if i confront them they'll just get worse. Has anyone else had this kind of thing and how did you stop it?

Comments

• Options
    Er well it might not be kids....

See bushes are highly comfortable to sit in when you have been out for a few beverages...
  • Options
    So someone's intefering with your bush ? :D

I've no idea tbh. We had a problem with kids pressing the bell and running off last year, until i chased them down road like a mad thing. Not seen 'em since :)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    never had this thankfully, but it is criminal damage.

You can call the police, but without evidence there is little they can do. You could place a video camera to record what happens, but without knowing what kind of area you live in and what kind of kids they are, I dont want to tell you to confront them in case there are serious repercussions (sp?)
  • Options
    Dinted wrote: »
    Er well it might not be kids....

See bushes are highly comfortable to sit in when you have been out for a few beverages...

no it can't be because the hedge is ontop of a brick wall so you can't climb up there :p
  • Options
    Chop the bush down and put a wall there instead. Or put some barbwire in the bush :D
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    no it can't be because the hedge is ontop of a brick wall so you can't climb up there :p
    It wasn't your hedge then?!

Phew....:D

p.s that is not me the photo. So if it is anyones bush and they want to take action i am not guilty. Thank you
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Or put some barbwire in the bush :D

might try that - haha
  • Options
    might try that - haha

Carefull as its illegal, but aslong as your quick to take it down before the police arrive and just say it must have been the bush that made all the marks, nobody will ever know :thumb:
  • Options
    id set up a camera find out who it is...then go around to there house and say ill go to the cops if it doesnt stop...your just trowing fuel on the fire if you put barbwire in the hedge, and they will go out in force to annoy you even more.
  • Options
    If they are daft kids then the bucket of water would probably do the trick.

Afterall, why shouldn't you water your hedge?
  • Options
    If they are daft kids then the bucket of water would probably do the trick.

Afterall, why shouldn't you water your hedge?

it worked last time :D
    i'll probably get arrested now though
  • Options
    Why not give your bushes a good feed with extra horse shit. They will be smelling for days and its not going to get you in trouble :thumb:
  • Options
    Why not give your bushes a good feed with extra horse shit. They will be smelling for days and its not going to get you in trouble :thumb:
    Fox shit is one better
  • Options
    Fox shit is one better

Where you going to get that from ?
  • Options
    Whilst barbed wire in a bush without warning signs may be illegal, growing thorny plants/bushes inside or instead of isn't. Nothing illegal about nature after all, we encourage homeowners to grow rose bushes just next to their fence, not as unsightly as barbed wire but just as painful.
  • Options
    What about watering it? While the kids are there I mean?
  • Options
    why not just shoot them? it cant be that hard to get hold of a gun in Nottingham :p

**Joke**
  • Options

:lol:
  • Options
    A fox's arsehole maybe?:p
  • Options

:lol:

Rather you than me!
  • Options
    I'd get the electric hedgetrimmer out, switch it on and start waving it around manically as if it's a chainsaw. That might scare 'em off :-)
  • Options

:lol: But how will you get shit from a fox's backside?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    :lol: But how will you get shit from a fox's backside?
    :chin: :naughty:

Fox's like to mark their territory by shitting in places i think (correct me if i am wrong anyone), some dogs think its well classy to roll in fox shite for some reason.

Trust me it fucking wreaks and takes a good bath or two to get rid of the smell.
  • Options
    what about one of these mosquito the ultrasonic youth deterrent.
  • Options
    Why not just put some of your own shit there?
  • Options
    Pink_Angel wrote: »

i'll hear it aswell :p
  • Options
    i'll hear it aswell :p

Yeah but at least the hedge would be ok :thumb:
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    never had this thankfully, but it is criminal damage.

You can call the police, but without evidence there is little they can do. You could place a video camera to record what happens, but without knowing what kind of area you live in and what kind of kids they are, I dont want to tell you to confront them in case there are serious repercussions (sp?)

Lol police will never ever bother. Trust me. I am very proud of my garden :heart: and we had kids tearing up our plants. We called the police and they said literally they can't / won't bother.

Best thing is just plant some roses - they've got thorns :) and look pretty. Or if you catch the kids give them a bloody good bollocking. (I may be biased because I've had it happen to me and I hate it)
  • Options
    End of the day you can pretty much do what you like to the little cunts cause who are the police going to beleive, a bunch of young delinquents or a respectable home owner??

and for the record, i used to go hedge hoping as a lad also. There are worse things they could be doing
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    End of the day you can pretty much do what you like to the little cunts cause who are the police going to beleive, a bunch of young delinquents or a respectable home owner??

and for the record, i used to go hedge hoping as a lad also. There are worse things they could be doing

Perhaps a good start would be learning to show other people's property a bit of respect?