Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

To anyone in favour of the death penalty

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote: »
    I look forward to death penalty supporters' views on this.
    I'm delighted to see that these lowlives and scum realise that they are a burden on taxpayers and would prefer to be dead. Here's hoping we soon see some British prisoners saying the same thing. Prison overcrowding sorted at a stroke.
    Do you think they give a shit about being a burden on taxpayers? LOL!

The only thing they think is that life imprisoment is a lot worse than a death sentence. Which pisses over the pro-death penalty cause rather comprehensively.
    The only thing they think is that life imprisoment is a lot worse than a death sentence.
    I somehow doubt they'll think it's such a cushy option as the lethal injection enters their bodies...
    Haven't you read what they have said? Spending your life in prison is like dying a bit every single day. There. Straight out of the horse's mouth.

I should imagine they would embrace a lethal injection with great joy.

Fred West and Harold Shipman didn't have much problem with the far more unpleasant slow hanging death did they? They still preferred it to spending their life in prison.
    Fred West and Harold Shipman didn't have much problem with the far more unpleasant slow hanging death did they? They still preferred it to spending their life in prison.
    And they were all the welcome to do that. If we hear that Ian Huntley has killed himself in prison, for example, I will pop open a bottle of champagne.
    You won't find my crying over his body but the fucker will have avoided doing "his time".

Death is the easy way out for these people, the fact that the would rather die tells you that. Course, some people are too stupid to see that.
    Death is the easy way out for these people, the fact that the would rather die tells you that. Course, some people are too stupid to see that.

Including some murderers who are dragged kicking and screaming to the gallows... Not all see death as the easy way out.

I'm also slightly cynical about whether this chap is for real and whether he'd be writing that letter if there was any chance Italy would reintroduce it. In fact it seems that Italy is going the other way and looking to reform the life sentence so that its shorter.

A model prisoner saying he prefer's death is not just ammunition for anti-death sentence campaigners, but those who support the proposed draft legislation to abolish the life sentence and replace it with a maximum sentence of 30 years.
    Keep the ones who want to die in a nice padded cell with a padded toilet, and nothing sharp to hurt themselves on, so no TV then.

Maybe they will die a little bit each day, life's a bitch isn't it. They should have thought about it before they did whatever the hell it is they did.