Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

OMG Father's Day is coming..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
17th June.

More bloody socks and ties :(

Comments

• Options
    For you, or from you to yours?

It's your own bloody fault, afaik Dads NEVER tell their kids what they want for father's day - hence the unimaginative gift giving.

My dad gets cufflinks. Or cd's.
  • Options
    Toblerone is popular in this house on that day.
  • Options
    v true. i think my dad got a tie from me this year.

this year im going to 'try' and be a bit more imaginative!!
    ... maybe a tie AND some choc.

altho i did get bored the other day and made some animals out of clay :p can give him those!!!
  • Options
    I'm pissed off beyond belief cause work have fucked up my wage for this month, and me and my wee brother were going to chip in to get my Dad a hospitality package at a Falkirk game but it's touch and go whether I'll get my pay in time now :grump:
  • Options
    It's my Dad's 60th the weekend after father's day, so it's a double pressie month for him.

I was thinking a new wallet for his bday, like a really nice leather one. But he never wants anything on father's day, in fact I think he gets a bit annoyed if I get him anything and calls it a waste of money. So I might just go for a card!
  • Options
    Hmmm, I could tell my dad I had a kid, moved to scotland, engaged etc or just ignore him like the last 3years. lol

hmmm wow my first fathers day as a father, I Wonder if i'll get anything,

*hint hint* lolzabeth a Coolermaster BTX case RRR at £180 preorder would do *hint hint*
  • Options
    It's your own bloody fault, afaik Dads NEVER tell their kids what they want for father's day - hence the unimaginative gift giving.

I totally agree with this! Men are so difficult to buy for anyway.

Luckily I've managed to find something different this year -a beer glass with a gold design on it imported from Germany. Hope he likes it :chin:
  • Options
    ive got my dad sorted!!:yeees:

got him a hoopla game for in garden - will b great to play wen have bbqs n after a drink.

even got a card too!!

just bottle of wine and im done!
  • Options

My dad does this. Last year he got a CD and this year we're all putting money together to buy him some motorbike gloves.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    OMFG :shocking:

You're lolzabeth's dad? :shocking: :shocking:

Ewwww, they just had a kid as well... hell I knew that the Scottish Islands were a little incestuous :)
  • Options

You should know what we like, if you bothered to pay attention to us, like ever ;)

Seriously, CDs work for me as do DvDs - I just prefer to buy my own ties/clothing and I only like plain black socks...
  • Options
    You should know what we like, if you bothered to pay attention to us, like ever ;)

That never helps me in the slightest.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Hellfire wrote: »
    I Wonder if i'll get anything,
    I don't know how to tell you this, but your son is broke... Everything he has was bought for him by other people. And he's not even looking for a job!
  • Options
    What is he, like 18 or something cos that really doesn't narrow it down Indrid...
  • Options
    Being the mean kid I am my dad will receive nothing.

Random fact: 17th June is the Independence Day of Iceland. :)
  • Options
    You all have very lucky dads, mine only ever gets a card :)
  • Options
    Oh god. It always my dads birthday the same week as well, so two pressies and hes a sodding nightmare to buy for...
  • Options
    Oh god. It always my dads birthday the same week as well, so two pressies and hes a sodding nightmare to buy for...

Can't you just buy him one big present instead?
  • Options
    I always forget about this day....

Mish!
  • Options
    I'm going home that weekend - that can be my gift to my dad, the gift of my company for the day!

Failing that, a Toblerone and some beer never fails to impress my dad. SORTED!
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    then OMG it's fathers day and I *really* don't know what to get him.. other than some emanciptation papers.. but I think that'd be more for my benefit, oh no wait I'm supposed to be an adult now *ramble ramble*

Seriously. My dad would have been over the moon to get emancipation papers from me about 5 years ago. No more supporting me - best Father's day present ever!

I bought my dad an electric corkscrew for his birthday so i think i'm well up on the brownie points. HMV voucher it is for his father's day present then!
  • Options
    I'm thinking of getting my dad some special beer. Which hopefully I can also enjoy :thumb:
  • Options
    The only thing that my dad would want from me for that day is for me to pass my driving test on my first effort. Why? Because, although I paid for the test, he has been supplying the money for the lessons!
  • Options
    I don't know how to tell you this, but your son is broke... Everything he has was bought for him by other people. And he's not even looking for a job!
    to be fair he's not he has several grand sitting in his account.
  • Options
    RC cars as a suggestion for anyone who's struggling?
  • Options
    I'm giving my dad...

the cold shoulder! lol
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Hellfire wrote: »
    to be fair he's not he has several grand sitting in his account.
    Ooh! :D
  • Options
    My Dad will get a card, the pleasure of my company for a day and I'll give him his car back.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    RC cars as a suggestion for anyone who's struggling?

You bet, cracking idea. Dads are, generally, still kids at heart. My kids got RC 4x4 last Xmas. I've since taught them how to do wheelspins, "handbrake" turns, built them ramps/jumps etc.

Great fun.
  • Options
    Dad is (for possibly the third year now) coming to a competition with me on Fathers day, so he'll be getting something special.

Probably a pair of nice cufflinks, maybe a matching tie depending on cost, more than likely a toblerone so he has something to do for 10 minutes. :p