Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

OMG Father's Day is coming..

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Acrobat wrote: »
    My Dad will get a card, the pleasure of my company for a day and I'll give him his car back.

My dad gets the first part of that :p I think I still have a card from last year that I forgot to send. Score. I agree with all the people who say men are the worst to buy for. 21 years of life and I still havn't ever had a man actually say what they want for any holiday. Growing up, we always got my dad books and shirts. But to be fair, he liked to read and always needed new shirts, as they were hard to find.
    Oh Great.

The annual day of milky tea, burnt toast and 99p cards.

.... I should try harder this year
    Oh Great.

The annual day of milky tea, burnt toast and 99p cards.

.... I should try harder this year

:lol:

I hate father's day, dad is so damn difficult to buy for. I always end up getting him a book or a crappy tie and then feeling bad for short-changing him :grump:
    Anybody got any ideas for good original gifts? im going have money this year and id like to get my dad something good as hes been great this year
    - an offroading experience? :D
    - rc car as I said lol fantastic fun
    - rc helicopter (£20 from www.scan.co.uk) - how that can fail to please I don't know

anything with batteries in really. Failing that, one day if I'm ever a father, I'd love a 'traditional' day :p where I could walk in and have my kids ask how my day was and bring me a cup of tea and mum makes the dinner! Lovely!

Just a question. How many of you still kiss your dads? For the guys I doubt there's any, but what about the girls? come to think of it nobody I know does, but the world needs more affection doesn't it?
    ShyBoy wrote: »

Just a question. How many of you still kiss your dads? For the guys I doubt there's any, but what about the girls? come to think of it nobody I know does, but the world needs more affection doesn't it?

I still give him a peck on the cheek sometimes
    Me and my sister are getting dear daddy a rovers shirt for when he buys his season ticket, just need to get some money now!

And no I don't kiss my dad! Not even on Fathers Day :razz: