Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Out of the Blue

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Don't you just hate people that only call when they need something from you or a favour?

We got a call from a relative that we don't normally even hear from once a year and hasn't paid us a visit in maybe 3 or 4 years .. quite obvious they probably wanted something from my Dad .. unfortunately had to disappoint them when we told them he's abroad for the next 5 weeks. :)

Comments

• Options
    Yeah i have friends like this although i dont have any family members like this...at least i dont think i have lol
  • Options
    Don't you just hate people that only call when they need something from you or a favour?

We got a call from a relative that we don't normally even hear from once a year and hasn't paid us a visit in maybe 3 or 4 years .. quite obvious they probably wanted something from my Dad .. unfortunately had to disappoint them when we told them he's abroad for the next 5 weeks. :)

Some of my family who we never heard from(incl. my evil aunty that made you eat all the food you hated and wouldn't let my disabled nan in her house when it was raining)turned up and cleared my nan's house out when she died :(
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    turned up and cleared my nan's house out when she died :(

Ah, 'death in the family' syndrome. Can turn people into complete twats.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Ah, 'death in the family' syndrome. Can turn people into complete twats.

:yes:
    We just let them get on with it, didn't want a fuss. Took some photos and a few other personal belongings.
    I've never seen or heard from my wicked aunt since and my spineless uncle popped his clogs a while ago.
  • Options
    my brother is usually only nice when he wants something..the ole' 'how are you? good good...you couldnt do me a favour could you?'.

i hate it when people are purely out for themselves
  • Options
    Luckily, I don't have friends or family like that. Friends/family will call me occasionally for help but I do speak to them on a regular basis. Likewise, I'll occasionally call them for help but speak to them frequently too. My latest request for help is for a helping hand to move my old fridge outside of the house to be collected by the council. The council have given me a date, then I told him 3 weeks in advance which day it needs moving. I see him at least once a week down the pub :-)