Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

More Train shitness

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
No changes in Train times for Wales v Scotland in Cardiff from Mid Wales

This seems a bit dispicable to me. They are giving the excuse theres no changes in times or extra trains because its a Sunday. I guess its only one of the nations fixtures in the six nations after all :rolleyes:

What does this say about the state of the train service in remote parts of the country?!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    See my post about Arriva Trains Wales. Its prob a page or so down now, but that was about the state of shittiness after a major event at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff.

Basically, we spent the entire FREEZING night locked in the station coz we were mis-informed about the trains or rather that there WERENT ANY.
  • Options
    The state of the train service in Wales is absolutely awful. It's almost impossible to find any trains that link the North and the South of the country. Transport links are so poor, it's no wonder Wales is economically in the doldrums. There's no motorway either. If I wanted to get into Cardiff, I would have to catch a train at Bangor going towards Crewe, then change over. At some points, I would have to change again at Birmingham New Street. The rail service here is unspeakably bad.

Roll on, September, I can't wait to get the hell out of here.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    It's not Arriva's fault that there is engineering work. Its a fact of life.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    It's not Arriva's fault that there is engineering work. Its a fact of life.

Exactly.

1. The world does not revolve around rugby.
    2. There's engineering works. Tough shit. If those works were postponed, and it killed someone, would you be praising ATW or slating them? If they did the works at 9am Monday morning or on a Friday teatime to avoid the rugby, do you think ATW would be praised for it?
    3. Sikorah should have checked her train times. Engineering works again meant that no trains could operate. Diddums.
    4. You don't need to go anywhere near Birmingham to get to Cardiff from Bangor. And on a similar note, should we build an eight-lane motorway right over the top of Snowdon?

Hands up all those people who want essential maintenance work re-scheduled for 9am on a Monday or 5pm on a Friday? Or who want it postponed until the rails crack? Gosh, there's lots and lots of hands there.
  • Options
    When where the Six Nations fixtures released? I bet the engineering work was organised a long long long time before the fixtures were. Its probably the rugby's fault for putting in a fixture on the date they knew people wouldnt be able to go on.
  • Options
    We checked when we purchased the tickets, thank you.
    If they werent at fault, we wouldnt have had tickets re-funded.

Why dont they arrange maintenance when 70,000 arent likely to need to get out of Cardiff?
    the Millenium Stadium shouldnt have been situated there if transport services still remain useless.

Theres 2 of us experiencing the same problem here and another who actually lives in the region where those trains operate, yet once again you seem to know it all.
    Not being funny Kermit, but its always you telling people whats what in a rather arrogant and sarcastic way. Its quite unbeleiveable how you can know so much about everything to be able to tell people in the way you do.
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    Why dont they arrange maintenance when 70,000 arent likely to need to get out of Cardiff?

For engineering work this week end, Network Rail (who run the tracks) have to have all engineering works organised and confirmed a minimum of twelve weeks prior. This is a bare minimum, and reality (especially for a big job, or one taking place over more than one weekend like these), there are often booked, and contractors and parts organised at least 6 months in advance. Drivers and conductors will have been not-rota'd, trains will be booked in for maitenance and a whole host of other things which doesnt make it possible to cancel them.
  • Options
    Jesus it pisses me off when people whinge endlessly about trains.

My train home from work was 30 minutes late this afternoon because another train broke down in front. Shit happens ya know, yet a load of stupid cunts on the platform were kicking off with the staff. What do you expect them to do run 10 miles down the track and fix the broken train? God people piss me off so much.
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    We checked when we purchased the tickets, thank you.
    If they werent at fault, we wouldnt have had tickets re-funded.

You often would for goodwill reasons.

If you were incorrectly advised at the station, that's different. But again, not the TOC's fault.

Because they arrange maintenance 6 months in advance?

And because, for some unfathomable reason, they reckon weekend works are less disruptive than peak hour weekday works.
    the Millenium Stadium shouldnt have been situated there if transport services still remain useless.

Would you rather trains flew off the tracks a la Hatfield before work was done?
    Not being funny Kermit, but its always you telling people whats what in a rather arrogant and sarcastic way.

Then don't whinge about things that are unavoidable.
    Its quite unbeleiveable how you can know so much about everything to be able to tell people in the way you do.

I've spent fifteen years on the railways, I know how they work more than most.

Sorry if that disappoints you, but I do understand more about how the railways work than most people.

Which is why I grin and bear it when certain things happen, and why I get pissed off when people try and bullshit me.

Nobody moans when they get stuck in a traffic jam. IN fact, they add extra time to road journeys to account for them. So why the uproar when a train dares to be 10 minutes late?