Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

PMS (sort of)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm on my break from the pill and ever since I stopped taking them I've been in such a foul mood and it's fucking pissing me off now.
I'm giving myself headaches from being so tensed up cos I'm constantly on edge.

I'm so irritable that the slightest thing sets me off and my skin feels like its crawling with ants and I really just feel like breaking everything I touch.

Thing is I'm not usually like this... at least not this bad for this long. I've even been craving chocolate... which I usually don't like that much and could quite happily go without.

I just wanted a moan really cos I'm on the edge of tears at the moment for absolutly no reason. (Well I've been alone all day and will be for another few hours and I'm feeling sorry for myself... wouldn't usually bother me but it's getting to me cos I'm all emotional).

Can't really see why it's so bad this month though. :confused:

Any tips on how to 'calm down'? :yeees:

P.S. I put sort of in the title, cos it's not so much pre-mentrual, as pre and during. Grrr. If being on wasn't bad enough without being in a shitty mood!

Comments

• Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    Any tips on how to 'calm down'? :yeees:

Have a spliff :D

I'm sure someone will be along with some proper advice soon. :thumb:
  • Options
    Go for a walk to get out of the house for a bit. It's a lovely evening and the fresh air will help to relax you. Alternatively try soaking in the bath for a while I find they both help me to calm down when I'm tense.
  • Options
    Stiff drink and chocolate and a chick flick, then you can laugh and sob with a good reason.:yes:
  • Options
    What pill are you on? And how long have you been on that brand of pill for?
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    What pill are you on? And how long have you been on that brand of pill for?

Microgynon 30. Been on it since December 2004.
  • Options
    Well you've been on it for a long time.. are you never usually like this then? Or is it something that happens every other month or 2?

The reason I'm asking is because I was on Yasmin for a long time and some months I wouldn't have much pmt and other months I would get a migraine or bad pains or just be really emotional. Because it didn't happen every month I didn't think much of it until I spoke to the doctor about it and she said it sounded like the hormone dosage was too high for me. Yasmin has the same level of hormones as Microgynon by the way. I've since swapped to Loestrin with lower levels of oestrogen and have really light periods now, no pain or pmt is brill :) You're only petite like me, maybe its something you should consider.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »

I'm sure someone will be along with some proper advice soon. :thumb:

:lol: I thought She said PMS (privates msgs)
  • Options
    I supose that's possible.

I'm not usually like this... I do get some PMS type symptoms occassionally... But to be honest before I started the pill I got like perminant PMS so this is heaven compared.

I'd be a bit scared about messing around with hormones cos I've had so many gynae problems... it'd feel a bit like rocking the boat. But I might talk to the nurse about it next time I go for a check.

Only other thing I can think of is that my weights been fluctuating a bit... I've put a tiny bit on recently though so I'd have thought with hormone distribution and stuff that that would work in my favour rather than against me.
    My mums been trying to make me go to the doctors about my weight though cos I have to eat like a pig to even stay at the same size and I'm really struggling to put any one. So maybe somethings amiss.
  • Options
    My mums been trying to make me go to the doctors about my weight though cos I have to eat like a pig to even stay at the same size and I'm really struggling to put any one. So maybe somethings amiss.

Listen to your mum :)
  • Options
    I just think its interesting that so many owmen put up with mood swings and bad pains/headaches each month because they think its normal. But sometimes it might just be that they're on the wrong strength of pill. We're all automatically given Microgynon or another similar strength but for some fo us thats too high.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    I just think its interesting that so many owmen put up with mood swings and bad pains/headaches each month because they think its normal. But sometimes it might just be that they're on the wrong strength of pill. We're all automatically given Microgynon or another similar strength but for some fo us thats too high.

:yes: A lot of people put up with things they shouldn't have to.

I did used to feel sick every time I started the pill again and my gynae told me it's because I'm smaller than other people who'd be taking the same dose, and that I'd just have to put up with it... never mentioned swapping to a lower dose. I would be really scared about messing about with hormones though because right now it's the only thing stopping me being in excrutiating pain every month and getting pains inbetween my periods as well.
    I should talk to my doctor really, I know. Thanks for your help Lipsy.
  • Options
    Well my mum kind of made a doctors appointment for me cos I kept putting it off.

Kind of glad about it though cos I started my pill again yesterday and feel sick this morning. I also happen to have lost about 5 pounds in the last week and I don't think I've been eating any less. :yeees:

Anyways, appointment is on Tuesday. So we'll see what they say, or if I come out hating my GP even more. (I don't like any of them at my practise).
  • Options
    Well my mum kind of made a doctors appointment for me cos I kept putting it off.

Kind of glad about it though cos I started my pill again yesterday and feel sick this morning. I also happen to have lost about 5 pounds in the last week and I don't think I've been eating any less. :yeees:

Anyways, appointment is on Tuesday. So we'll see what they say, or if I come out hating my GP even more. (I don't like any of them at my practise).

wow thats a lot to lose in 1 week, especially without even trying! Your mum did the right thing though.