Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

why didnt he ask me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend told me yesterday he was going out for his bosses birthday tonight, i didnt think that much about it but he came home this evening to get ready and when i asked him who was going out for it, he told me all his work mates and there wifes/girlfriends were going but he didnt even bother asking me to come :shocking:

i wasnt really that annoyed at first but when i think about it now, its bugging me cos im wondering why he didnt bother to ask me. its making me suspious because i know that a new girl started working in the company a few weeks ago and im wondering if he wants her to think he's single by not inviting me.

sorry for ranting on, but this has just annoyed me so much

Comments

• Options
    how long have ya been together?

does sound a bit out of order like
  • Options
    It's very hard for us to give you a valid answer here.
    Maybe he's spending so much time with you, that he wants to go out alone and have some alone time with his collegues once in a while.

You should have asked him.
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    how long have ya been together?

does sound a bit out of order like

been together about 18 months
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    It's very hard for us to give you a valid answer here.
    Maybe he's spending so much time with you, that he wants to go out alone and have some alone time with his collegues once in a while.

You should have asked him.

yeah thats fair enough if he wants to go out by himself i dont mind, i just dont understand why he came home and said everyones bringing there wifes/gf and then he didnt even ask me to go.. he should of just said nothing about the wifes etc and just went
  • Options
    hhmm that does seem wierd after 18months - more understandable with a short term relationship because then he might well feel apprehensive about taking you to meet all his co workers.

if he's convincing the new girl he's single in every day life then you've got serious problems. if, as i would hope, not, then i wouldn't worry about that.

have you been out to this kind of social thing with him before?

i'd just ask him straight out personally.
  • Options
    quote; if he's convincing the new girl he's single in every day life then you've got serious problems. if, as i would hope, not, then i wouldn't worry about that.

well im goa ask him whats going on tomor cos dnt wana fight with him when he's drunk.

quote;have you been out to this kind of social thing with him before?

yeah i've been out with them before and we had a great night, he even told me they all thought i was lovely and his work mates told him he should make sure not to fuck things up with me
  • Options
    sorry, but i'd be having serious words with him
  • Options
    sorry, but i'd be having serious words with him

Definatley! 18 months is pretty solid. Just ask him why and let him know what you think about it. Some guys are thoughtless like that from time to time.
  • Options
    I'd definitely ask what was going on. I'd be very offended if my fella was going out with people from work and didn't ask me along, even though partners were welcome.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone :)

i will be talking to him when he wakes up, and im even more annoyed now, because he came home in such a state last night and he ended up falling asleep on the toilet and when i went in to wake him he called me by his ex girlfriends name.. i was so annoyed i slept in the spare room.
  • Options
    angelgirl wrote: »
    Thanks everyone :)

i will be talking to him when he wakes up, and im even more annoyed now, because he came home in such a state last night and he ended up falling asleep on the toilet and when i went in to wake him he called me by his ex girlfriends name.. i was so annoyed i slept in the spare room.

could have been a dream... when my ex nearly spooned me off of the edge of the bed I woke up and caller her a very peculiar name too (oh and I spoke in the wrong language too, so she did not understand shit)...

yea, let us know how it went.
  • Options
    How long has he been working there, who's do was it and how does he fit in at work?

If he's relatively new/junior and it's one of the higher up peoples events then it maybe he wasn't explicitly told her could bring someone, or he didn't feel confident inviting someone along.

Some of the work things I go to I'd take the boy, others I wouldn't because they are the bosses events and I'm pretty junior so I take it as just me being invited.
  • Options
    Dont mix work and pleasure n all that. Cant really blame the bloke for wanting to keep the two separate. He probably doesnt want you there giving his new work mate evils cause you think shes after your guy or he likes her or whatever
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    Dont mix work and pleasure n all that. Cant really blame the bloke for wanting to keep the two separate. He probably doesnt want you there giving his new work mate evils cause you think shes after your guy or he likes her or whatever

I would agree- but I work with my fella and it's always been fine. We've worked together since day dot and have been together nearly 2 years now.

That said, I know some people to prefer to keep things seperate which is fair enough I guess. Nonetheless, might be worth having a chat just to get your feelings out in the open :)
  • Options
    Dobbin wrote: »
    I would agree- but I work with my fella and it's always been fine. We've worked together since day dot and have been together nearly 2 years now.

That's not the point he was trying to make...

If you don't actually work with your parter already, it's a different situation.
  • Options
    icey wrote: »

i'd agree BUT his other work mates took partners along, so I dont see why he wouldnt have asked her, not like it was a lads night out
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    That's not the point he was trying to make...

If you don't actually work with your parter already, it's a different situation.

I did think that exact same thing after I'd posted. Excuse me, im tres tired :blush:
  • Options
    i'd agree BUT his other work mates took partners along, so I dont see why he wouldnt have asked her, not like it was a lads night out

... and she has met them before and so it sounds like it shouldn't have been an issue.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    ... and she has met them before and so it sounds like it shouldn't have been an issue.

yes it is an issue

regardless of if they met or not, it was a night out which included partners, so she should have been included, as she is a partner

infact i'd say it was MORE of an issue
  • Options
    yes it is an issue

regardless of if they met or not, it was a night out which included partners, so she should have been included, as she is a partner

infact i'd say it was MORE of an issue

Noooooooooooo you spaz :p

It shouldn't have been an issue her going with him to this thing as she got along with and was accepted by everybody at previous meetings etc! :)
  • Options
    my ex used to do that all the time. It was because he fancied his female workmate.
  • Options
    This sounds like one of those situations that could be easily solved with a word beginning with C. Not castration. :p
  • Options
    clementines?
  • Options
    This sounds like one of those situations that could be easily solved with a word beginning with C. Not castration. :p

Chloroform :D
  • Options
    copulation?
  • Options
    Cauliflower :yes:
  • Options
    Didnt really get to talk to him, cos when he woke up he said he had to go help his mate with something, and just rushed off, i told him i was pissed off with him and wanted to talk to him when he gets back, but now he's rang and said he doesnt know what time he'l be home at..

So decided to let him do his own thing and instead of sitting waiting for him i've decided to go out with the girls for drinks..
  • Options
    Do you lot spend alot of time together? Maybe he just wanted time with his work mates. I know plenty of people who don't go out with rheir partners if it's a work do or out with friends.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    Do you lot spend alot of time together? Maybe he just wanted time with his work mates. I know plenty of people who don't go out with rheir partners if it's a work do or out with friends.

thing is though it was a work do but WITH partners
  • Options
    i definitely thing you've got reason to be annoyed. apart from anything i'd feel pretty left out if all of his work colleagues wanted their wives/girlfriends to be there and he didn't want me to be. It's a time when all the partners get to know each other too and if you're not there i'm sure they'd be wondering why he didn't want to take you or maybe they think you didn't want to go. It's all part of being a couple, meeting each others friends/work colleagues, i'd be really hurt that there was a reason he didn't want me there.