Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FA Cup Final!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *yawn*

'bout what I expected really. Anyone who thought it was going to be a cracker clearly hasn't seen Chelsea play this season...
  • Options
    :lol:

That was the worst game I've seen in a while. Neither team deserved to win more than the other, but it's good that a bit of skill decided it rather than penalties or a mistake. Man United fans will probably whinge about being unlucky, but they could lose 100 cup finals like that and it'd still nowhere near make up for their luck in Barcelona 99.

No surprises the way Chelsea played, but Man United paid the price for being so cagey and crap in the final third. Defensively Chelsea were sound, and made Ronaldo (best player in the world my arse) a spectator.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It was always going to be a close final and I never predicted many goals - one goal was all I was expecting and it could've gone either way.

So I was right - one goal, boring match, one piece of skill decided it, which is, as Bri already stated, better than the other options.

Well done Chelsea. I hope Mourihno stays - I quite like him. He makes me laugh!
  • Options
    I think thats the worst cup final i have ever ever seen. it was even worse than the man utd - liverpool final in 96, and that was awful.

i didnt expect a cracker, but both teams were negative, and chelsea are better at being negative. ronaldo really lived up to his billing, which was a joy to see (was he even playing?)

fingers crossed the criminal mourinho gets deported!
  • Options
    Crap final and the marginally better team lost imho.

Chelsea are suffocating the life out of football.

And I was completely underwhelmed by the new Wembley from what I saw.
  • Options
    the new wembley looks fantastic, and if they can get the pitch sorted itll be great. better than the millennium stadium in cardiff, which is shite once you get beneath the stands.

still not sure how they managed to spend 800,000,000 notes, but id say its better than 250 verons.
  • Options
    terrible match, worst team won. pretty gutted but i'm happy with the season as a whole and i'm the first to admit that this united team needs alot of improvement. midfielder, winger and striker needed in summer.
  • Options
    Braineater wrote: »
    And I was completely underwhelmed by the new Wembley from what I saw.

Oh come on, it's hardly the match to show off it's atmosphere. The two most plastic sets of supporters (no offence to the genuine fans of these clubs, but you have to admit you have a lot of glory hunting "fans" with money to buy tickets) and a bunch of corporate cronies does not a great atmosphere maketh.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    terrible match, worst team won. pretty gutted but i'm happy with the season as a whole and i'm the first to admit that this united team needs alot of improvement. midfielder, winger and striker needed in summer.

Joey Barton's going cheap, and we've just released Trevor Sinclair if you're interested. Don't think I can interest you in a 31 year old Italian "striker" though can I?
  • Options
    1-0 drogba "2

Told ya :p
  • Options
    and we've just released Trevor Sinclair if you're interested.
    If he still puts them in like this in then yes please :)
  • Options
    :lol: Shit match, decent result.

Feel sorry for UTD .........................bollocks.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    :lol: Shit match, decent result.

From the person who referred to Chelsea as "scum" a couple of weeks ago...

NB Gentle reminder of the seventeen years since you won a title..
    Feel sorry for UTD .........................bollocks.

And I'd just like to say thank. Right up until I read this I was caught on the fence, not wanting Liverpool to win the Champions league because they are... well... Liverpool and not wanting Milan to win because I can't abide the fact that they are even in the competition after the max fixing cheating which happened last year. Until now I was actually going to go for the "British" team and actually support hope that the trophy comes back to Blighty where it belongs.

Now, however, I feel like Kevin Keegan. I will love it, just love it, if you get beaten. Just so I can have the mental image of your sad miserable face as you cry into you warm beer.

Cheers, mate.
  • Options
    From the person who referred to Chelsea as "scum" a couple of weeks ago...

Yes, they are scum. But you on the other hand are United.

NB Gentle reminder of the seventeen years since you won a title..

Gentle reminder of the 5 European cups, you haven't won.

And I'd just like to say thank. Right up until I read this I was caught on the fence, not wanting Liverpool to win the Champions league because they are... well... Liverpool and not wanting Milan to win because I can't abide the fact that they are even in the competition after the max fixing cheating which happened last year. Until now I was actually going to go for the "British" team and actually support hope that the trophy comes back to Blighty where it belongs.

Now, however, I feel like Kevin Keegan. I will love it, just love it, if you get beaten. Just so I can have the mental image of your sad miserable face as you cry into you warm beer.

Cheers, mate.

Lol, do you seriously think I care who you want to win mate. Fact is, you had to decide who you wanted to win, because - you lot won't be there.

Even if we don't win, the mental image of you crying into your tomato juice when Milan knocked you out - does me.

Cheeers mate
  • Options
    A load of silly crap

Rather pathetic i feel. And im not even a Man U fan. Get over yourself. I dont give a damn who wins personally. The fact its the same final as 2 years ago is incrediably dull.
  • Options
    Gentle reminder of the 5 European cups, you haven't won.

*yawns*

Start the season and you want the League. You know it, I know it. Champions League is icing on any cake.

You haven't done it for pretty much your entire life. It grates. You know it, I know it. Hell even Steven gerrard thinks so...

Saying it doesn't is commonly referred to as "denial".

I really don't mind that we haven't won as many European Cup as you lot. I'm more interested in winning the title three more times so that we can overtake you on that score. They way we are both going, that should be by the end of the decade.

NB How many trebles have you managed? You know, League, FA Cup, Champions League? You want magnificent achievements from our past, you cannot beat that. No-one from the UK can...
    Lol, do you seriously think I care who you want to win mate.

Nope.
    Fact is, you had to decide who you wanted to win, because - you lot won't be there.

And you know that feeling only two well, don't you. You've had that feeling for most of your life... :p
    Even if we don't win, the mental image of you crying into your tomato juice when Milan knocked you out

Except it won't be enough, will it? A barren season whilst we *only* won the league. Again.

PS Tomato Juice? WTF? :eek:
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Rather pathetic i feel. And im not even a Man U fan. Get over yourself. I dont give a damn who wins personally. The fact its the same final as 2 years ago is incrediably dull.

Completely irrelevant really. However, misquoting me was obviously hilarious.

Thanks
    :no:
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    The fact its the same final as 2 years ago is incrediably dull.

I only hope it rivals the game for the interest of watching one team come from 3-0 down at half time.

I fear that it will be another dull Liverpool performance where they seem more interesed about stopping Milan than playing themselves.

I remember the truly great Liverpool teams of 70s and 80s. You would never have seen them play that way...
  • Options
    *yawns*

Start the season and you want the League. You know it, I know it. Champions League is icing on any cake.

You haven't done it for pretty much your entire life. It grates. You know it, I know it. Hell even Steven gerrard thinks so...

Saying it doesn't is commonly referred to as "denial".

I really don't mind that we haven't won as many European Cup as you lot. I'm more interested in winning the title three more times so that we can overtake you on that score. They way we are both going, that should be by the end of the decade.

NB How many trebles have you managed? You know, League, FA Cup, Champions League? You want magnificent achievements from our past, you cannot beat that. No-one from the UK can...

Nope.

And you know that feeling only two well, don't you. You've had that feeling for most of your life... :p

Except it won't be enough, will it? A barren season whilst we *only* won the league. Again.

PS Tomato Juice? WTF? :eek:

Lol, tbh mate i could respond to all that shit over and over again. As you could you back to me. Feel free to reply with a 'you've got nothing to say then post' i can't be arsed.

I'll remeber to give you a PM on Wednesday tho ;)

PS - You come across as a tomato juice drinker.
  • Options
    I only hope it rivals the game for the interest of watching one team come from 3-0 down at half time.

I fear that it will be another dull Liverpool performance where they seem more interesed about stopping Milan than playing themselves.

I remember the truly great Liverpool teams of 70s and 80s. You would never have seen them play that way...

Hmmmm you lot were just orgasmicly un-dull on Saturday tho weren't you.
  • Options
    Hmmmm you lot were just orgasmicly un-dull on Saturday tho weren't you.

Most of the time, it's partly why we didn;t deserve it and partly because Chelsea made sure we couldn;t play our game.

Ask yourself how far down a "best of" list you would have to go before you get to a Liverpool game, this year. Really. One thing you cannot deny is that United have played the most entertaining footie this season.

"That's why we're Champions"... ;)
  • Options
    I'll remeber to give you a PM on Wednesday tho ;)

Whatever the outcome, I hope ;)
    PS - You come across as a tomato juice drinker.

You know, that's possibly the most offensive thing you have typed so far.

Single Malt, all the way... a proper drink :)
  • Options
    Most of the time, it's partly why we didn;t deserve it and partly because Chelsea made sure we couldn;t play our game.

Ask yourself how far down a "best of" list you would have to go before you get to a Liverpool game, this year. Really. One thing you cannot deny is that United have played the most entertaining footie this season.

"That's why we're Champions"... ;)

Yadda yadda yadda ....speak to you on Wednesday :thumb:
  • Options

You know, that's possibly the most offensive thing you have typed so far.

Single Malt, all the way... a proper drink :)

LMAO
  • Options

Lol I heard that on the Radio before whilst driving home.
    As soon as I did, i knew this post was on my way.
  • Options
    How could I resist?

As soon as I heard it, I knew that there'd be a post too :D
  • Options
    I pretty much suspect that the managers of Manchester United and Chelsea FC would be saying on a similar interview the trophy that matters most to them is the Champions League.
  • Options
    *yawn* will you two stop bickering?

We all know that the mighty Saints are going to come along (with the world's 19th richest man's money behind us) and reclaim the league that's rightfully theirs :D

Remember 1976 MoK? A certain gentleman by the name of Stokes? :D Saafhampt'n are coming to get you!
  • Options
    Remember 1976 MoK?

Possibly better than you do, given our respective ages ;)
    A certain gentleman by the name of Stokes? :D Saafhampt'n are coming to get you!

TBH I'm just glad you've left the Dell. Bad memories...