Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Have you seen a psychic before?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    squeal wrote: »
    Well id' be quite interested to know, unless it was someone close to me then i think I'd rather not.

She also said (she made a recording and we listened) that her son, my friend, would break his arm within the next few months. While we were all on holiday that year... he dislocated his leg. Close enough, I guess facesgsfdie9.gif
    Kiezo wrote: »
    She also said (she made a recording and we listened) that her son, my friend, would break his arm within the next few months. While we were all on holiday that year... he dislocated his leg. Close enough, I guess facesgsfdie9.gif

so? some one you know has had a bad experience...big wow...so have i...but i've also had a positive experience

no need to mock people who "buy into this shit"
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,285 Skive's The Limit
    Load'a'jank.
    Weekender Offender 
    Littleali wrote: »
    so? some one you know has had a bad experience...big wow...so have i...but i've also had a positive experience

Eh? I wasn't saying it was a "big wow", I was pointing out the ludicrousy in it.
    no need to mock people who "buy into this shit"

To me, it's the same as people who buy into things like Scientology. I'd like to think people in this day and age would be going down the route of scientific fact, not hocus pocus mumbo jumbo.
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Eh? I wasn't saying it was a "big wow", I was pointing out the ludicrousy in it.
    I didnt say u were.....i said it regarding the fact that someone u knew had a bad experience...

people go on about how these people can "read you"

well how did she read me about things i didnt even know myself...

how do you explain that?

i am very open minded, and until someone can explain how she knew things i didnt, i believe in everything she said.....

that doesnt make me thick, stupid OR naieve :)
    I didnt say u were.....i said it regarding the fact that someone u knew had a bad experience...

You said "So?", as if I was meaning it to mean something other than already stated originally.
    well how did she read me about things i didnt even know myself...

how do you explain that?

I can't, since I don't know you, don't know the things you're talking about, don't know the psychic, and don't know how the reading transpired.

Then again, I can't explain UFO's either, but it doesn't mean it's aliens in flying saucers.
    I think it's all bollox.
    Linda Walker is the lady in southampton - yes :D quite scary how many of u in this forum have seen her :D
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,324 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I have thought about it. But I think it is probably not all that cop. I am tempted, but it costs cash, and I don't think it'd really be that great.

Regression therapy is all I'd really consider anyway.
    Linda walker.....awful

Linda walker in Southampton came highly recommended to me by a good friend. Having lost most of my family and dealing with so much loss i really felt the need to have some kind of proof of the afterlife and connect to family that i have lost. I have seen 6 psychics in total now over the yaers (i am 40) and i would say they generally get about 40 % accuracy! Linda was bloody awful. Her method was to rapidly ask questions which she wanted yes and no answers to as well as lots of clarification. it was so obviously a proces of elimination. She chucked out 8 names none of them meant anything to me. She guessed that i had lost a grandmother 'a while ago' then went on to give a very innacurate description of her. I could go on and on but basically she didn't get anything right and i actually walked out 20 minutes in as i found her manner aggressive and i wasn't prepared to sit there and play into the absolute rubbish that she was coming out with. Very sad. I would avoid this woman like the plague. I do hope that are some genuine psychics out there. I seriously doubt that she is one of them and it makes me angry that this woman see's people who are often in vulnerable stages in their lives and are keen to get answers and want to believe what she says. She told the good friend of mine that he would have only one love in his life and that he had already met him. So my friend is now convinced that he will be alone all of his life because he hasn't met anyone yet who he believes is the love of his life. I think a lot of the 'psychics ' out there are jsut seriously deluded people who have become accustomed to reading their clients and mangae to access info by elimination. Shame
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hi josiejojo,

Welcome to TheSite boards!
    As it says in our Good Manners Guide, we try and avoid posting in threads old or inactive threads.
    This thread hasn't been active for 6 years, so I'm going to close it now.

It might be worth visiting the Start Here section in the Welcome Centre, which will give you an idea of how things work around these parts.

Happy posting!
This discussion has been closed.