Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Meeting with 'Mental Health Practitioner'

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you know who you've been refered to? I mean like is it a psychiatrist, a nurse etc?

Also the questions asked depend greatly on the reasons you've been refered.
  • Options
  • Options
    I can't really give any info, but jus to say im really glad you started this thread as im having my initial assessment too in a few days and im scared senseless. so advice will be useful foe me too!

All i can say is i kinda know what you must be feeling and i hope that when you go it all goes well for you

x x
  • Options
    I've had many a mental health assesment in my time. They will ask you alot of questions - so dont worry about having to talk un-guided for a hour. They will ask some easy questions, osme not. Most are about how you feel in certain siatuaiosn, how the problem(whatever it is) started, what restrictions you have on your life as well as future plans and just some background info, are your parents together, did you have a happy childhood, were you ever bullied.

Its nothing to worry about. Rememebr they deal with people all day and know how it handle them. If you are uncomfortable about answering any questions or have any questions just ask them. Rememebr they are there to help you.

Good luck. If you need anymore help please PM me.
  • Options
    Seeohbahn wrote: »
    All that the letter says is that it is a meeting with a Mental Health Practitioner so I have no idea tbh :confused: , my doctor decided to refer me (I was being treated by him for depression & anxiety) as counselling wasn't helping and also I mentioned to him that I always feel detatched from everything

what do you mean when you say you feel detached from everything? canyou explain a bit more because i think i feel that way, kinda like i am on the outside all the time, even if i am with a group of people. counselling didn't help me either with those same problems...
  • Options