Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hampshire woman, 37, dies after taking 'Ecstasy'.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Woman, 37, dies after taking 'Ecstasy'

The beeb is reporting that a 37 year old female from the Bursledon area of Southampton has died after taking a white pill with a stamp depicting Cherries on it.

No other details have emerged at present.

Comments

• Options
    Jesus, that's been the first one in a long time. :confused:

Cherrybombs shouldn't have done that? But who am I to say?

Poor woman, thoughts are with her family. x
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Cherrybombs shouldn't have done that? But who am I to say?

OBVIOUSLY NOT AN EXPERT!
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    OBVIOUSLY NOT AN EXPERT!

Wheesht, FAG! Or I'll come and cut you.
  • Options
    Shit one.

But here, cherries are probably one of most commonest logos about after mitzis. Fuck there must be at least 3 or 4 different batches floating about the UK at any given time, but best avoid them anyway to make sure.
  • Options
    yea bar mitzys cherries are probably the most prominent logo about

sad to hear all the same :(
  • Options
    It doesn't surprise me tbh. I had a friend a few years back who took an ecstasy pill for the first time and he died. He didn't even make it to the hospital.

Without meaning to sound heartless (because it is really sad what has happened) drugs are illegal for a reason. People know that there is a risk when they take them. But still, it doesn't happen often, she was really unlucky. Very sad :(
  • Options
    About 10 people will have died in the UK today because of alcohol.

About 10 die a year on ecstacy.

Figers speak for themselves.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »

Yes, but just to point out the obvious: more people drink alcohol than take ecstacy.
  • Options
    Pringle wrote: »
    Yes, but just to point out the obvious: more people drink alcohol than take ecstacy.

I'd say the people who have problems with usage of the two drugs are pretty much the same.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »

Aye. Like I said, it is really sad what has happened and she was really unlucky.

However, alcohol is a legal substance. Ecstasy is not. Alot of people die from alcohol because either (a). they drink farrrrrrr too much or (b). they've had a problem with alcohol for a long time and have died from an alcohol related illness.

I drink alcohol purely because I know its unlikely anything bad will happen to me because I know my limits. I mean, its pretty obvious if I drink a whole bottle of vodka for example, my body isn't gonna agree with it. However, I could never take ecstasy purely through the fear that it might kill me. I'm sorta biased though because I knew that guy who died.

Like I said, really sad :( It just goes to show though that people DO die from taking them. It scares me tbh as I have quite a few friends who take them.
  • Options
    yeah it's pretty harsh, i used to take pills without much of a second thought but it can affect everyone differently, my step-sister became psychotic after taking some pills last year and eventually committed suicide which has somewhat changed my views on the drug. i still think it should be legal as that would make it easier to control and regulate, people will take it regardless of its legal status so it makes sense to protect users at the source.
  • Options
    Like I said, really sad :( It just goes to show though that people DO die from taking them. It scares me tbh as I have quite a few friends who take them.

I know (quite literally) around 200 - 300 people who take/have taken them. Almost everyone in my old school, along with a whole bunch in my uni. In the five or so years I've been taking them, I've met maybe a good few thousand different people who also take them on a regular basis. I assume none of them have died, as it would at least have made it to the local papers.
  • Options
    some people seem to be giving the impression in this thread that the woman died from ecstasy alone; at present all the report has said is that a woman died AFTER taking ecstasy. There is no indication at present to say what the cause of death was, history, or any other circumstances surrounding this event.

I would suggest that we hold fire until we know what actually killed her.
  • Options
    Woman, 37, dies after taking 'Ecstasy'

The beeb is reporting that a 37 year old female from the Bursledon area of Southampton has died after taking a white pill with a stamp depicting Cherries on it.

No other details have emerged at present.

Shit .

I didn't think hardly any people died from beanies
    (www.thegooddrugsguide.com told me so i think)

Poor woman, but we don't know the circumstances yet she might have had a pill but other things could have contributed towards her death.

Still, poor woman x
  • Options
    However, alcohol is a legal substance. Ecstasy is not.

It doesn't mean that it should be that way. If Ecstasy was legal then this kind of thing wouldn't happen because pills would be made properly.

Still, really sad. I think we all tend to take Ecstasy for granted when we take countless amounts of pills on nights out...never actually stop to think about what could happen...
  • Options
    Also I'd like to point out, maybe 37 is too old to be taking a stimulant drug like Ecstasy? As we get older, our hearts get weaker and less able to take the strain from stimulant drugs.
  • Options
    I didn't think hardly any people died from beanies

They don't, the report only mentions one person...
  • Options
    I've always wondered, if someone died from taking an E, and then the dealer who sold it to them was arrested. Would the dealer also be charged for murder aswell as intent to supply class A drugs?
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I've always wondered, if someone died from taking an E, and then the dealer who sold it to them was arrested. Would the dealer also be charged for murder aswell as intent to supply class A drugs?

Pretty sure it's involuntary manslaughter.
  • Options
    It couldn't be murder, unless they can prove he wanted the pill to kill her.

I think it's more likely to have been an allergic reaction, or some other underlying health condition, rather than a bad pill.
  • Options

However, alcohol is a legal substance. Ecstasy is not.

That old chestnut. :rolleyes:

Just because alcohol is legal you think it's not as bad for you or as dangerous? Bollocks.

And it's not just people who drink loads or people who have problems with alcohol who die because it. People die or get injured from accidents, falls or getting into fights. You don't need to have a problem with alcohol for this to happen.

Whilst the long-term effects of ecstacy are unclear there is indisputed evidence that long term abuse of alcohol (whether it's binge drinking or whatever) causes major harm to your organs.

I'm not saying ecstacy's totally safe, but I hate this whole 'alcohol is legal therefore it's better' attitude. It's a load of shite.

If alcohol was discovered tomorrow it would be outlawed immediately and probably given a classification at least as bad than ecstacy.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »

If alcohol was discovered tomorrow it would be outlawed immediately and probably given a classification at least as bad than ecstacy.

Well scientitsts have done studies on it and have found that if they started with a blank piece of paper and had to reclassify all drugs, legal and illegal, then alcohol would be in the top 5 and ecstasy would be number 15 or soemthing.

There is a risk when you take ecstasy but I know I've gotten myself into some really dangerous situations when I've been drinking alcohol. Just because its legal doesn't mean its any safer.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    There is a risk when you take ecstasy but I know I've gotten myself into some really dangerous situations when I've been drinking alcohol. Just because its legal doesn't mean its any safer.

Exactly! Pisses me off when people use the whole 'alcohol is legal therefor safer' bullshit.
    It's people like that who know fuck all about what they're trying to argue and will probably end up getting themselves rushed to hospital and nearly dieing because of booze. Learn the fucking facts before you start throwing your weight around and getting paraletic every friday night.
  • Options
    All drugs carry risks, be they legal or illegal. The best public health approach is to try and reduce the risks to the minimum - something that the law as it stands clearly does not do.

This is, unfortunately, another reminder that MDMA is not a safe drug (there are none) and one which needs to be taken with respect. But as Martin has pointed out, we do not know what else she had taken or how she died.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    This is, unfortunately, another reminder that MDMA is not a safe drug (there are none) and one which needs to be taken with respect. But as Martin has pointed out, we do not know what else she had taken or how she died.
    Or indeed if it was MDMA at all...
  • Options
    Or indeed if it was MDMA at all...

A very valid point when we are talking about illegal supply.
  • Options
    I just tried to find out if anything else had come out about the cause of death etc, I didnt find anything.

However, the forum section from this link really shows how fucking ignorant people really are. It really is disapointing.

http://www.thisishampshire.net/mostpopular.var.1347236.mostviewed.woman_37_dies_hours_after_taking_rogue_ecstasy_pill.php
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »

However, the forum section from this link really shows how fucking ignorant people really are. It really is disapointing.

http://www.thisishampshire.net/mostpopular.var.1347236.mostviewed.woman_37_dies_hours_after_taking_rogue_ecstasy_pill.php

Mate, I had to close that website after reading the second comment, because people like that make me so angry. Not even kidding, pricks like that make my blood boil when they write that kinda shit, I was so tempted to sign up to that forum and give them a load of abuse.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Mate, I had to close that website after reading the second comment, because people like that make me so angry. Not even kidding, pricks like that make my blood boil when they write that kinda shit, I was so tempted to sign up to that forum and give them a load of abuse.

*seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeething*
  • Options
    Yeah...we've got along way to go ladies and gents.

I remember a couple of years back two Heroin addicts died in their hotel room after a hot dose. Most people I spoke to at work were of the various opinions; 'No sympathy' 'Deserved it' 'Got what was coming to them'.

In the minds of some in this country (still), drug users (any will do) are just above paedophiles and murderers in the order of those who can legitimately have their humanity denied them.

General ignorance isn't neccesarily contemptible, blind hatred however is.