Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Condom Use...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so i saw another advert about everyone having Chlamydia or AIDS or some sexually transmitted disease and at the end it says, "Always Use a Condom"

So this advert got me thinking... do people actually use condoms that much anymore? I mean, i do use them if i am having a one night stand or sex with some one new. But when i have had sex with some one i knew already, even if it was only casual, i tended to trust them that they were on the pill or implant and i didnt even think they might have something i could catch.

So, do you all use condoms and have safe sex? Or do you tend to have trust in the other person not having anything to catch? (im not talking about long-term monogomous relationships by the way)

Comments

• Options
    I don't use a condom. If I trust the lad enough to sleep with him then I trust him enough when he tells me he is clean. Has backfired in the past like!
  • Options
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    I don't use a condom. If I trust the lad enough to sleep with him then I trust him enough when he tells me he is clean. Has backfired in the past like!
    Yet you still take the risk after it backfiring? More fool you.

I'm not sexually active yet, but when I am, I'll be using condoms. There's no way in hell I'm trusting a guy with the truth :chin:
  • Options
    I don't stop using condoms until the all-clear has come back from the STI clinic.
  • Options
    Jesus, I've just realised that I've never had protected sex.

But that's due to monogamous relationships. I don't really like condoms but obviously I'd use them if there was even the slightest risk.
  • Options
    I've been silly in the past and not used condoms. As I'm getting older though (and more mature) I insist that we use them. Its so easy to get caught up in the moment though when you're o the pill and just trust that the guy is clean. Sex feels so much better without them...
  • Options
    Long term monogamous(sp?) relationship and I use condoms. Don't trust myself to remember to take the pill.

I'm a good girl now but in the past I reckon I was a complete twat with unprotected sex and stuff.
  • Options
    never used condoms-seem to have always trusted the guy when he says itll be fine "you wont get pregnant and im clean" -i was just lucky
  • Options
    :banghead: To everyone that dos'ent use them.
  • Options
    I have an pretty bad track record for using them, but being on the pill does lull you into a false sense of security.
  • Options
    :banghead: To everyone that dos'ent use them.

Exactly, i can't believe the fucking gross stupidity of people. No wonder the gonnorhea infection rate has gone up somewhere in the region of 1000%.
  • Options
    I've not used them because we've both been clean and she's been on the pill. I don't go around barebacking randoms.
  • Options
    I've not used them once or twice....its so easy to get caught up the heat of the moment. but after a friend had a bit of a STI scare recently, i said i would go with her to get tested, (i was clean thank fuck) and when i really thought about it, its SOO stupid not to use one!

that one person you might have slept with without using anything, could have slept with 5 people without using anything, and it goes on and on, it'd be so easy to catch something! never again am i having unprotected sex. im shocked at how many people say they hardly use em though.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Exactly, i can't believe the fucking gross stupidity of people. No wonder the gonnorhea infection rate has gone up somewhere in the region of 1000%.

Make it 1001% if You include some of this lot.
  • Options
    go_away wrote: »
    I don't stop using condoms until the all-clear has come back from the STI clinic.

Ditto.

And when i was single, despite using condoms every time i still got tested every 6 months. Much better to be safe than sorry.

I have a coil as well. I use condoms entirely for protection against STIs.
  • Options
    I didn't the first time I had sex, or at least I don't think he had one on, but I was 13, it was technically assault and I didn't start my periods until a year later.

I used condoms all the time with my last boyfriend, even though I was with him for 18months. Refused to let anything happen without, it was scary enough the time the condom split.

I don't use condoms with my current boyfriend, although I did until I'd been on the pill for a while. We've been together 2 years, and are both clean. If I ever get thrush we just don't have sex.
  • Options
    i don't use them any more as i've been with my gf for 3 years and shes on the pill. but in my younger years i would always wear one.
  • Options
    Ive never had unprotected sex tbh..Ive got too paranoid in the past with the possibility of getting pregnant, and i cant take the pill.
  • Options
    I have always taken precautions against pregnancy and sti's, I always used condoms when I was in casual relationships and when I got into a relationship with my current boyfriend I went on the pill.
  • Options
    depsite what people may think, or assume, I've always tried (as much as I can) carry out safe sex, im just crap :p

but seriously, all previous, apart from one splitage, all protected, Current partner, We don't use Condoms, Im clean and she is, so :p, if she gets trush... we just don't do much...
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    depsite what people may think, or assume, I've always tried (as much as I can) carry out safe sex, im just crap :p

but seriously, all previous, apart from one splitage, all protected, Current partner, We don't use Condoms, Im clean and she is, so :p, if she gets trush... we just don't do much...

I can tell You don't lol.
  • Options
    I can tell You don't lol.
    huh?
  • Options
    huh?

Tell You don't use condoms, You have baby.
  • Options
    Tell You don't use condoms, You have baby.
    Lol, oh, well before he was born (and during when he was conceived) we did, but there must have been a "breakage"
  • Options
    Lol, oh, well before he was born (and during when he was conceived) we did, but there must have been a "breakage"

A joyus one tho.
  • Options
    Hell yeah, best (well second/ joint first) damn thing that ever happened
  • Options
    I *always* use a condom.

I've only ever NOT used a condom when I've been in a serious relationship OR when I trust the boy who I'm seeing 100% when he says he has had an STD check recently and he is in the all clear.

Thankfully, I've never had a thing and have regular check ups. It scares me so much though that you don't even have to have intercourse to catch an STD. It worries me you can catch certain ones through oral sex, etc. You can never be too careful really.
  • Options
    I always use them for one night stands and generally at the beginning of relationships till I know and trust a guy well enough. After that though I don't bother cos sex does feel better without.
  • Options
    I've had one night stands without using them, plenty actually. Just drunken stupidity at the end of the day, thank fuck my dick hasn't fell off yet. :thumb:
  • Options
    I've found that if you ask a guy if they have anything they'll say- no. Then if you ask them when the last time they were tested was, you'll find the answer to be never... doh! bloody men. Wear a condom until the test results come back!
  • Options
    I always use condoms now, I had a bad experience and now don't automatically trust girls who say they're on the pill.

Sex with a condom might be worse, but I'm sure it's still better than herpes or 18 years worth of child support.